- 123.hp.com »
- Hp Envy Inspire 7955e Smart App Setup
HP ENVY INSPIRE 7955E SMART APP SETUP
Have you recently purchased the HP ENVY Inspire 7955e printer and looking out to set it up for the first time using the HP Smart app? Then, you are on the right page. HP ENVY Inspire 7955e is a multi-purpose home printer that produces high-quality photo and document printing. The HP Smart app enables you to print, scan, and copy any document from your computer, laptop, tablet, or any other device. By following the below instructions, you can complete your printer setup using the HP Smart app.
HP ENVY INSPIRE 7955E UNBOXING SETUP
CONTENTS INSIDE THE BOX
- HP ENVY Inspire 7955e printer
- HP 64 Setup Black Cartridge
- HP 64 Setup Tri-Color Cartridge
- Ink Caution flyer
- Regulatory flyer
- Setup guide
- Reference guide
- HP Advanced Glossy and Matte Photo Inbox pouch
- Power cord
Make sure that all the contents are available inside the box.
UNBOXING THE PRINTER
- Open the box and remove the power cord, printed documentation, and ink cartridges from the package.
- Take out all the remaining contents from the package.
- Slowly pull out the printer from the box.
- Discard the packing materials from both sides of the printer.
- Uncover the HP ENVY Inspire 7955e printer from the plastic bag. Then, remove all the blue protective tapes from your HP printer.
- Now, open the printer’s input paper tray. Remove all the protective tapes inside it.
- Close the input paper tray.
- Lift the scanner lid and discard the foam sheet from the scanner glass.
- Close the scanner lid.
- Next, open the front door of your printer and lift the ink cartridge access door.
- Discard all the packing materials and blue protective tapes inside.
- Close the cartridge access door.
- Finally, close the front door.
POWER ON THE PRINTER
- Plug the power cord into the HP ENVY Inspire 7955e printer’s rear and the other end into a wall socket.
- Now, the printer will turn on automatically. However, if it does not, press its Power button.
- Go to the control panel of your printer and select your language.
- Tap Confirm.
- Next, choose your country/region.
DOWNLOADING THE HP SMART APP
The HP Smart app will be supported only by Windows 10 & 11 and all the Mac versions. So, before installing the HP Smart app on your computer, make sure that your device supports the app. By following the below instructions, you can download and install the HP Smart app on your computer.
- Open the default browser on your computer and visit the HP ENVY Inspire 7955e printer’s official support page.
- Click on the Support tab and select the Software and drivers option at the top of the page.
- Choose the Printer category.
- In the next window, type your printer’s model name below the Enter your product name field and click on the Submit button.
- Your computer’s Operating System will be shown automatically at the top of the next page.
- If you want to change the Operating System, just click on the Choose a different OS link.
- Next, select your respective Operating System with its version from the provided drop-down lists.
- Click the Change button.
- Scroll down the window and click the Install button under the Driver-Product Installation Software section.
- Now, follow the on-screen prompts to finish the HP Smart app download.
SETTING UP YOUR PRINTER USING THE HP SMART APP
- Make sure to turn on your HP ENVY Inspire 7955e printer.
- After downloading the HP Smart app, launch it on your computer.
- In the welcome window, click on the Get Started button at the bottom.
- Accept the default Data Collection Settings and the HP Privacy Statement.
- Click the Continue button at the bottom-right of the screen.
- The Choose a printer pop-up window will display the recently installed printers on the screen.
- Select your respective printer to add it to the HP Smart app.
- Suppose your printer is not listed or you are setting up your machine for the first time, click the Skip button.
- Next, connect your HP ENVY Inspire 7955e printer to your computer using a USB cable or wireless network.
- If you are connecting using a wireless network, make sure that your HP Envy printer and computer are on the same network.
- On the HP Smart setup screen, click the Plus sign ( + ) below the Add a printer option.
- Now, the HP Smart app will start to detect your printer that is connected to the same network.
- If your printer is not listed on the screen, click the Set Up a New Printer option at the top of the window.
- Here, select your HP ENVY Inspire 7955e printer from the list. Click the Continue button at the bottom-right side of the screen.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to start the connection setup and click the Yes button in the User Account Control dialog box.
- Now, the HP Smart app will find your printer and prepare it for the connection.
- Wait for some time to complete the connection setup.
- Once connected, click the Continue button.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the printer setup.
- When you’re prompted, install the ink cartridges and load the paper into your printer.
INSTALLING THE INK CARTRIDGES
- First, open the front door of your HP ENVY Inspire 7955e printer. Next, lift the cartridge access door.
- Unwrap one of the ink cartridges from the package.
- Remove the protective tape from the cartridge.
- Now, slowly insert the ink cartridge into the respective slot.
- Repeat the above instructions to insert the remaining ink cartridge into the respective slot.
- Close the cartridge access door.
- Finally, close the front door.
LOADING THE PAPER
- From your HP ENVY Inspire 7955e printer, pull out the input tray.
- You have to slide the paper width guide as far as possible.
- Now, load a stack of plain sheets into the input tray.
- Confirm that the loaded sheets do not exceed the maximum limit.
- Now, adjust the paper width guide until it stops at the edges of the stack.
- You can now insert the input tray back into the printer.
- Pull out the output tray from your printer and raise the tray extension.
- Go to the printer’s control panel and tap Continue to align the printheads.
- Next, the printer will start to print the alignment page automatically.
- When you see the Alignment Successful message on the HP ENVY Inspire 7955e printer screen, tap OK.
PRINT USING THE HP SMART APP
- First, make sure to turn on your printer and connect it to your computer.
- Next, open the HP Smart app on your computer.
- Select the Print Document option on the app’s main screen.
- Choose the file you want to print. Now, you will see the preview of your file.
- Select the Print settings option if you want to change any print job settings.
- Once you are done with modifying the settings, click the Print button.
- Now, your printer will begin printing the document.
You can complete your HP ENVY Inspire 7955e printer setup using the HP Smart app by following the above instructions.