SETUP HP LASERJET M209DWE PRINTER
How To Do The HP Laserjet M209DWE Printer Setup?
If you want high-quality, professional-level printing, you must go for the HP LaserJet M209dwe printer. This compact mono laser printer offers fast two-sided printing in its class. It features HP+, the smart printing system to keep you connected and ready to print from anywhere.We have discussed almost everything, from unboxing to troubleshooting for common problems. With the help of these instructions, you can perform unboxing, driver download and installation, set up (both wired and wireless), and troubleshooting. Let us see the HP Laserjet M209DWE printer setup.
HP LaserJet M209dwe Unboxing Setup
- Take out the printer from the packaging.
- Remove other printer accessories from the box.
- Gently pull the tapes and other packing material from inside and outside the box.
- Install the paper tray, cartridges, tray cover, and load paper.
- Plug the power cord and turn on the printer.
HP LaserJet M209dwe Driver Download
- Land on the official HP site.
- Click the Support tab.
- Choose Software and Drivers on the pop-up.
- Select Printer to go to the download the printer driver page.
- Scroll down to find the search field. Type the printer name in the search field and click Submit.
- Select Choose a different OS to pick your OS and its version.
- Under the All drivers section, you can find the list icons of drivers for your printer. Choose the driver and download it.
HP LaserJet M209dwe Driver Install
- Once downloaded, find the driver from the browser to run.
- Or, you can go to Downloads on your computer and run the file.
- Open the downloaded file. Now, the system will extract the files and start the installation.
- Follow the on-screen procedure and complete the installation.
- Once installed, it is better to restart the computer.
HP LaserJet M209dwe Wireless Setup
Using HP Smart app:
- Connect the computer or mobile device to the same Wi-Fi network. Turn on Bluetooth on your mobile device.
- Launch the HP Smart app on your mobile or computer.
- Click or tap the + icon or Add Printer, and then select the option to add a printer. If a prompt appears, allow Bluetooth and location permissions.
- Follow the procedures and add the printer to your network.
- You will be asked to create an HP account and register the printer.
- The wireless light stops blinking and turns solid when the printer is connected.
HP LaserJet M209dwe Wired Setup
Connect using USB cable:
- If any label covers the USB port at the back of your printer, remove it.
- Connect your printer and computer using a USB cable.
- Launch the HP Smart app, click or tap the + icon or Add printer, and then choose the option to select or add your printer.
- Follow the instructions on your screen to add your printer.
- When a prompt appears, create an HP account and register the printer.
HP LaserJet M209dwe Print Setup
Printing from a Windows computer:
- You should have installed the HP Smart app.
- Open the document to be printed.
- Go to the File tab and click Print.
- Go to the Properties dialog box.
- Select the printer device.
- Check and change the printer settings if needed, and click OK.
- Now, click the Print or OK button to start printing.
The above instructions are for the HP Laserjet M209DWE printer setup. Now, let us see about the common problems that a user might face.
HP LaserJet M209dwe Troubleshooting
Certain problems on your printer can be fixed by yourself because it involves just a few steps to resolve them. The most common issues could be a paper jam, printer not printing, printer offline, not connecting to the network, paper not feeding or not printing in color. And, there are a few others too. Here, we discuss troubleshooting of printer offline and not printing issue.
HP LaserJet M209dwe Printer Offline
Make sure your printer connections are made perfectly, the latest driver is installed, and your printer is not in sleep mode.
If your printer is not responding or offline, set your printer as the default printer and try again. Follow the instructions to set as a default printer on your Windows 10.
- On your Windows system, go to Settings and find Printers and scanners. Click to open.
- Ensure that the box next to Let Windows manage my default printer is not ticked.
- Select your printer from the complete list icons of printers. Click your printer name, and then click Manage.
- Under the Manage your device section, choose the Set as default option.
- Check if the printer is working correctly.
If it does not work, use HP Print and Scan Doctor (Windows) to diagnose.
HP LaserJet M209dwe Not Printing
- Check whether the printer is turned on.
- Ensure that the connection between the devices is secure.
- Make sure that the paper is loaded in the paper tray below the maximum level.
- See that the ink levels in the cartridges are not low or empty. If so, replace it with a new cartridge.
- Check the error message on the printer control panel. If any error message is seen, do the necessary troubleshooting.
- Make sure that the printer is not offline or paused.
- Clear the print queue and try to print again.
- Restart your printer.
We have covered both the setup and troubleshooting procedures. You have to go through these instructions to complete the HP Laserjet M209DWE printer setup.