HP Laserjet M604DN Printer
- Designed for high-volume printing.
- Includes 500-sheet main tray.
- Good speed and solid output quality.
- Has an Automatic duplexer for two-sided printing.
- Has a print resolution up to 1200 dpi.
- Print through ePrint, Google Cloud Print, and Air Print.
- Supports USB and wired connection.
Portrait or Landscape Orientation
With your HP Laserjet M604dn printer, you can print in portrait as well as landscape orientation. You just need to click on the Portrait option for vertical prints and Landscape for horizontal prints.
Paper Tray or Source
Select the tray you have loaded the paper into if your printer has more than one tray. Use the Automatically Select option to pull paper from the main tray and in case it is empty, the paper will be pulled from another tray.
Photo paper type
To enable the printer properly handle and print on the paper, set the paper type as HP photo paper, plain paper, or custom media. To let the printer automatically choose the paper type, select the Automatic option.
This mode uses the lowest DPI when ink cartridge levels are low or when high-quality prints are not needed. On the other hand, the fast draft mode produces draft quality at the fastest printing speed.
You can either add or remove a border which usually leaves a white border around a photo or print to the very edge of the paper. For more information, go to Printing on Both Sides of the Paper page.
Color or Black and White
Select the color or black and white option to use ink from all cartridges for full-color prints. Use the black ink cartridge only for normal or lower quality black and white prints of your document or picture.
Driver manual download
Are you confused as to why you are unable to print even after installing the printer driver? One of the reasons is that you need to install an upgraded printer driver and software compatible with the operating system and HP Laserjet M604dn printer. To commence printing, you can refer your printer manual, if necessary. For Windows, note that the driver file will be in the .exe format on the other hand, .dmg is the format of the driver file, for your Mac OS. The instructions to download the driver for both Windows and Mac are here. Get to know how to install the driver for your system by selecting the Read More option.
- The first and the foremost step is to visit our website and choose your 123.hp.com/ lj m604dn printer model from the list that appears on the control panel. Re-check if the OS version is correct.
- Now, Download the full feature software, under the Driver-Product Installation Software and follow the on-screen instructions to use the guided HP Download and Install Assistant.
- Choose the Download only option and tap Learn more to download the printer driver on Windows, if ‘Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution’ displays on your printer screen.
- To complete the printer setup, choose the desired printer connection and based on your necessity, choose the apt print job. Now, you can move on to the next step.
- If you want to install with the disc that had been shipped with the printer, verify that the disc has drivers supported in the operating system. For any clarification or support, reach us on the Toll-free number.
- The foremost step is to visit our website and select your HP Laserjet M604DN printer model from the list that appears on the control panel. Also, ensure if the Operating System version is correct.
- Now, you need to Download the full feature software, under the Driver-Product Installation Software and in order to use the guided HP Download and Install Assistant, follow the on-screen instructions.
- In order to create a print queue on your Mac system, select the HP Scan option on the Install screen and then ensure that you click Add Printer to open the Add window.
- Now, type your printer model, then ascertain that you click the Use or Print Using menu option and then select your printer model in the pop-up menu. Now, tap the Add option.
- To complete the setup choose your desired network connection and then based on the print job select the printer function. For any further information and support, you can contact our expert team on the Toll-free number.
Ink and Toner catridge
The cartridges play a major role in determining the print quality of your document because faint and blurry prints make them look unprofessional. Laser printer generally uses toner cartridges. These cartridges are cylinder containers filled with toner, which is a very fine powder made from polyester. Though toner cartridges are expensive to purchase in the beginning, they are more cost-effective as they last longer when compared to the ink cartridges. A laser wins the majority of races when it comes to saving time. Also, the HP Laserjet M604DN printers using inkjet cartridges often have less paper capacity. You can follow the step-by-step procedure given below to replace any toner cartridge or toner collection unit.
Replace the toner cartridges
- Step 1: The foremost step is to open the front door, then make sure that you hold the blue handle on the toner cartridge drawer and then you need to carefully pull it out.
- Step 2: Now, carefully grasp the handle on the toner cartridge and then pull the toner cartridge straight up. Remove the new toner cartridge package from the box and then pull the release tab on the packaging.
- Step 3: Take out the toner cartridge, then carefully grasp both ends of the toner cartridge and then gently rock the toner cartridge back and forth to distribute the toner. Now, move on to the next step.
- Step 4: Carefully insert the new toner cartridge into the drawer and ascertain that the color chip on the cartridge matches the color chip on the drawer. Now, move on to the next step.
- Step 5: Ascertain that you push the toner cartridge drawer into the printer and then carefully close the front door to secure the cartridge. Verify if the cartridge is placed properly.
- Step 6: For any further information and support, you can visit our website and contact our expert team on the Toll-free. Your issues can be fixed easily and instantly.
Replace the toner collection unit
- Step 1: Ascertain that you replace the toner collection unit only when the printer’s control panel instructs you to do so and reuse the HP Laserjet M604DN toner cartridge.
- Step 2: This is due to the fact that it could lead to toner being spilled inside the printer, which could result in reduced print quality.
- Step 3: If printing documents require heavy toner coverage, then the toner collection unit can fill quickly. If you want to print these types of documents, it is advisable to have another toner collection unit available.
- Step 4: In order to replace the toner collection unit, open the front door. Ascertain that the door is completely open and then carefully remove the blue label at the top of the toner collection unit.
- Step 5: Now, keep the attached blue cap over the blue opening at the top of the unit and then take out the new toner collection unit from its package. You can now move on to the next step.
- Step 6: Insert the bottom of the new unit into the printer and then push the top of it until it clicks into position. Shut the front door and follow the on-screen instructions to recycle the used toner collection unit.
Although HP Laserjet M604dn does not have a built-in Wi-Fi, it is capable of printing from iOS and Android phones and tablets. It is compatible with AirPrint provided there is a wireless access point on the network. All you need is to follow the on-screen instructions to setup and print with this mobile printing solution. You can print almost anything on your iOS device once you have set up this feature.
Almost, all printers require a suitable connection to print. The printers supporting this mobile printing come with a custom e-mail address so that documents can be sent directly to the printer from any device that supports e-mail, such as a smartphone or an iPad. All you need is to follow the on-screen instructions to set up this feature and easily print documents attached to email messages sent to the device.
Ensure that the router is online and is connected to your modem, that should be connected to a Cable or Ethernet port in your wall. Also, make sure that you view a constant light on the front of the router and/or modem. Locate Ethernet ports on your computer and router and then connect your ethernet cable to your computer and your router. Easily connect your computer to the Internet as long as the router is online.
Need Technical support call us
The printer may face unexpected issues just like all other machines once they get worn out. These issues may affect your print job and prevent you from printing. Ensure that the issues are resolved immediately. Be it paper jam, offline or any other printer issue, you can easily troubleshoot them by following the on-screen instructions. Print a Printer Status Report to check the status of the HP Laserjet M604DN printer.
- Verify that there is no jammed paper inside the printer and then load the tray with the correct size of paper for the print job. Also, make sure that the paper size and type are set correctly on the printer’s control panel.
- Now, ensure that the paper guides in the tray are adjusted correctly and that the arrow on the tray guide lines up exactly with the marking on the tray. Also, check if the humidity in the room is within the given specifications.
- View the printer’s control panel to check if it is displaying a prompt to feed the paper manually. Insert paper and then clean the rollers with a lint-free cloth dampened with warm water. Now, you can proceed to the next step.
- Examine the rollers for any smooth surface either completely around the circumference or just on one side. If the issue persists, replace the tray rollers.
- This error usually occurs when the printer is turned on with a paper jam, or a torn piece of paper remains in the printer blocking a sensor. There is a possibility that the paper might have torn when a jam was removed.
- Clear any jammed paper from Tray 2 and the optional tray. If you find that the paper is not visible, look inside the HP Laserjet M604DN printer behind the tray. Note that even a small piece of torn paper or debris might block the paper path.
- Ensure that there are no torn paper or debris jamming the paper tray.You can use a flashlight for this purpose. The process to clear the paper path is referred to as flossing. Now, proceed to the next step.
- If you still view any paper jam message, contact our technical support to perform additional troubleshooting steps.