HP LaserJet P3005 setup
Configure the HP Laserjet P3005 printer for an easy task. It includes unboxing, establishing the power connection, installing the ink cartridges, inserting plain papers and more. Carry out the steps below to configure the printer hardware.
HP LaserJet P3005 unboxing setup
- Open the printer’s shipment box and take the 123.hp.com/ljp3005 printer out of the box.
- Place it on a leveled or sturdy surface.
- Verify the contents in the box as it varies based on the country/region.
- Discard all the packing materials surrounding the box.
- Connect the power cable between your printer and system.
- Power ON your 123.hp.com/ljp3005 printer by pressing the Power button.
- Set the language, country/region on the printer’s control panel.
- Load plain sheets of paper on the main tray.
- Install the new ink cartridges into their slots.
- After a while, the printer prints an alignment page.
- Install the software using the starter CD.
Related Models – follow Below Links
HP Laserjet P3005
Driver & Manual
HP LaserJet P3005 Printer Driver
A driver is required to instruct the printer to start the print jobs. It supports Universal Print Driver. It communicates with the supported devices to find print capabilities on each device. The setup file is available in the PARK format.
HP LaserJet P3005 Printer Driver Download
- Download the driver from our website.
- Click the driver link to begin the download process.
- The setup file for the driver file is in the PARK format.
- Do not turn off the 123.hp.com/ljp3005 printer and system during the download process.
- It includes supported or unsupported software. The setup file should be compatible with the version of the operating system.
HP LaserJet P3005 Driver Installation
- Download the compatible one from our website.
- The setup file is available in PARK format.
- Double-click on the file.
- Follow the instructions mentioned on the screen to install the driver in the system.
- Click the + sign to add the printer name to the print queue.
HP LaserJet P3005 Wired Setup
Wired connection is required to connect the 123.hp.com/ljp3005 printer and system. Learn how to connect the printer and system using the steps below.
How to Connect HP LaserJet P3005 USB to PC
- There are various methods to connect the printer to a laptop. The methods are USB cable and wireless connection. Use the steps below for USB connection.
- Use the USB cable to connect the printer and the laptop.
- Locate the USB cable in the printer’s shipping box.
- Install the driver on the system and choose the mode of connection as USB.
- When the system prompts, plug in the USB cable to the printer’s rear and system’s rear.
- After installation, the 123.hp.com/ljp3005 printer name displays on the list of available devices.
- If the printer name is not listed, unplug and re-plug the USB cable.
HP LaserJet P3005 How to Print
- Open the document on your system or laptop using an installed application.
- Select the File menu in the app you have created and select the Print option.
- Choose the Printer Properties or Preferences to open layout and advanced print settings.
- Wait till the Document Properties and Printing Preferences display.
- The Menu names and available settings differ based on the printer model.
- Click the Orientation tab under the Layout, Finishing or Features tab.
- Select the Portrait or Landscape orientation option for vertical and horizontal respectively.
- Choose the Paper Size you inserted in the printer. Enable the duplex printing option if necessary.
- Select OK->Print to print the documents.
HP LaserJet P3005 How to Copy
- Place the document on the scanner glass along with the indicators on the printer.
- If the 123.hp.com/ljp3005 printer contains a wireless model control panel, press the Copy Setup to set the following copy settings.
- Click the Number of Copies option and use the arrows to adjust the number of copies.
- Press the Lighter or Darker settings and make use of arrows to adjust the contrast settings.
- Press the Enlarge/ Reduce setting and make use of arrow keys to modify the size percentage.
- Press the Start Copy icon to begin copying.
HP LaserJet P3005 Printer Toner Cartridge
Toner cartridge is used in most laserjet printers. It should be compatible with the printer model. Learn how to install the toner replacement and toner refill.
HP LaserJet P3005 Toner Replacement
- Unlock the cartridge door. Take the used print cartridge from the device.
- Take the new print cartridge from the bag.
- Hold both sides of the print cartridge.
- Shake the toner for even distribution.
- Ensure that you do not touch the shutter or surface of the roller.
- Align the print cartridge with the tracks inside the device.
- Close the cartridge door for a secure alignment.
HP LaserJet P3005 Toner Refill
- Use a refilling kit to refill the toner.
- Open the bottle of the toner.
- Place it on an upside down position.
- Lossen the toner and allow it to flow freely.
- Remove the screws on the edges of the rum.
- Fill toner into the hole and check if the toner is filled correctly.
- After filling, screw the edges of the drum.
- Insert the toner drum into the slot.
HP Laserjet p3005 Firmware Update
- Download the firmware from our website.
- Check if the printer firmware needs to be updated.
- If yes, save the files in the Downloads folder.
- Choose the operating system version and click on it to get the updated firmware.
- Install the firmware using the instruction mentioned on the screen.
- If the serial number displays, the firmware needs to be updated.
- If the serial number does not display, it is not required.
HP Laserjet p3005 Factory Reset
- Check if the printer is turned on.
- Remove all the power and USB cables connected to the printer.
- After a while, wait for the 123.hp.com/ljp3005 printer to be inactive.
- Reconnect the cables.
- Verify if the printer turns on automatically,
- If not, press the Power button to turn it on manually.
- The printer undergoes an initialization process.
HP LaserJet P3005 Printing Problems
A printer encounters various printing problems. All the issues and its solutions are given below. Resolve it to fix the printing issue. Resetting the printer is the primary solution for all printer issues.
HP LaserJet P3005 Printer Paper Jam
- Locate the paper jam on the inside of the printer.
- Use a flashlight to examine the jammed papers inside the printer.
- Remove the hindrances from the carriage path for free carriage movement.
- Clean the printhead using a damp cloth.
- Reconfigure the printer- Switch off the printer by pressing the Power button.
- After a while, turn it on.
HP Laserjet p3005 Clean Drum
- Turn off the printer.
- Place a newspaper and keep the printer parts to avoid toner statins.
- Raise the toner cartridge.
- Press the locking mechanism to take the drum out of the 123.hp.com/ljp3005 printer.
- Use a screwdriver to loosen the clip. Place it down on a flat surface over the paper. Remove the stains on the toner cloth and reinsert the drum into it.
- Close the door for a secure alignment.
HP Laserjet p3005 Blank Display
- Verify if the printer is directly connected to the wall socket.
- Unplug the local or network connection from the printer.
- Reset the printer to fix the issue.
- Try to print a configuration page and check if the firmware is updated.
- Take all the DIMM installed. Perform a cold reset.
- Reboot the printer to check if the issue is resolved.
HP Laserjet P3005 Attention Light
- If the attention light blinks, check if the toner cartridge is installed properly.
- Check if the cover is closed correctly.
- Insert the paper properly into the slot.
- If the papers are not inserted correctly, reinsert them.
- Jams in the interior of the printer may lead to the issue.
- Take them out of the 123.hp.com/ljp3005 printer to fix the issue.