LaserJet Pro M148DW Printing Issues
HP LaserJet Pro M148DW Printing Issues
HP Laserjet Pro M148DW Printer Not Printing
- Make sure your Laserjet printer is properly connected to your device.
- Check for any error messages or blinking lights on the printer’s control panel. Fix the error before proceeding to the steps.
- If you have a Windows OS, run the HP Print and Scan Doctor software. The software diagnoses and resolves any HP LaserJet Pro M148DW Printing Issues automatically.
- If you are not able to print, search for local services on your Windows, and select the view local services option.
- Find and right-click the Print Spooler option. Click Stop, and exit the window once the service stops.
- Open the System32 folder from your C: drive, and give a double-click on the spooler file.
- Open the Printers folder, and delete all the files in it. Try printing a document to check if the issue is resolved.
- Reset the printer by using the Reset button on the control panel. Restart the computer, and try to print.
- Select your Windows 7 OS for troubleshooting. Open the Troubleshooting window, and select the Use a printer option from the Hardware and Sound category.
- Click the Next tab, and keep following the prompts to fix the issue.
HP Laserjet Pro M148DW Printer Not Responding
- Plug out the power cord from the rear port of the printer while the printer is turned on.
- Remove the cord from the wall outlet as well.
- Reconnect the cord to the outlet, and then to the printer after about 60 seconds.
- Remove the USB cable, and inspect it. Replace the cable if it is damaged or worn out.
- Check if the toner cartridge is installed correctly.
- Try to print. If the HP LaserJet Pro M148DW Printing Issues persists, proceed with the steps below.
- Check the Printer Preferences, and check if the settings are matching with your requirement.
- If you have established a wireless connection for the printer, check the network connection status. Move the printer and computer closer to the router.
- Update the printer firmware. Go to the manufacturer’s site, check for any firmware updates for your printer model, and install it.
HP Laserjet Pro M148DW Printer Offline
- Make sure your Laserjet printer is in the ready state.
- If your computer runs on Mac, select the System Preferences window. Click the Print & Fax, Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners option, whichever is displayed.
- When the Printers window opens, right-click anywhere in the window, select the Reset printing system option.
- On the Confirmation window, select the Reset option. Enter the Administrator name and password, and finally click OK to finish the reset.
- Add the printer to the list, and try to print. Try to print.
- If you have a Windows OS, run the HP Print and Scan Doctor software. Open it and click Start. If the printer’s name is not listed, click Retry.
- Keep following the prompts to fix the offline issue. Try printing a document.
- If the issue persists, set the printer as the default printing source.
- If you have established a wireless connection, restart the printer, computer, and router. Reconnect the printer and computer to the network, and proceed to print.
- If the issue persists, print a wireless test report and follow any prompts to fix the problem.
- For USB connections, remove the cable and check for any damages. Replace the cable if it is torn or worn out.
- Try connecting the cable to a different USB port, and check if the issue is resolved by printing a document.
Cannot Connect Print LaserJet Pro M148DW Network
- Ensure that your router is powered on, and the printer is placed closer to it.
- If you have a Windows OS, launch the HP Print and Scan Doctor software, and select the printer’s name. Keep following the instructions on the screen to fix the HP LaserJet Pro M148DW Printing Issues.
- If the issue persists, switch to a different Wi-Fi channel interface. Find the channel for your network channel from the list of Number of 802.11 networks on the network configuration page.
- Open your web browser from your device, type the IP address for your router brand in the address bar, and sign in.
- Click the configuration menu on the page, and switch to a different Wi-Fi channel.
- Try printing a document or photo. Reset the printer if the HP LaserJet Pro M148DW Printing issues persists.
- If you have established a wired network for the printer, remove the Ethernet cable, and make sure the cable is not damaged.
- Connect the cable to a different Ethernet or LAN port. Turn the printer on, and try to print.