HP LaserJet Pro M148dw Printing Issues
The major reason behind the HP Laserjet Pro M148dw printing issue can be incorrect print media, incompatible driver, incompatible ink cartridges, outdated driver, improper connection, etc. Do implement the troubleshooting techniques we provide to resolve your printing issues.
HP Laserjet Pro M148dw Printer Not Printing
- Make sure your LaserJet printer is properly connected to your device.
- Check for any error messages or blinking lights on the printer control panel. If so, resolve the problem with the appropriate solutions.
- If you have a Windows computer, run the HP Print and Scan Doctor software. It diagnoses and resolves any HP LaserJet Pro M148dw printing issues automatically.
- If you still cannot fix the problem, search for local services on your Windows computer. Then, select the View local services option.
- Find and right-click the Print Spooler option.
- Click Stop and exit the window once the service stops.
- Open the System32 folder from your C: drive, and give double-click on the spooler file.
- Open the Printers folder and remove all the files.
- Try printing a document to check if the issue is resolved.
- Reset your HP printer using the Reset button on the control panel.
- Restart the computer and try to print your documents.
HP Laserjet Pro M148dw Printer Not Responding
- Unplug the power cord from the rear port of the printer while it is turned on.
- Remove the cord from the wall outlet as well.
- Reconnect the cord to the outlet and then to the printer after 60 seconds.
- Remove the USB cable and inspect it. Replace the cable immediately if it is damaged or worn out.
- Check if the toner cartridge is installed correctly.
- Try to print. If the HP LaserJet Pro M148dw printing issue persists, proceed with the steps below.
- If you have connected your printer and computer via Wi-Fi, ensure they are connected to the same network. If you connect them to different networks, your printer will not show up when you look for the nearby printers from your computer.
- Check the print settings in the driver. Ensure the settings match the paper type you have loaded into the input tray.
- Update the printer firmware. To do this, head to the manufacturer’s site and check for any recent firmware updates for your printer model. Then, install it on your computer.
HP Laserjet Pro M148dw Printer Offline
- Make sure your LaserJet printer is in the Ready state.
- If your computer runs on Mac, navigate to the System Preferences window. Click the Print & Fax, Print & Scan, or Printers & Scanners option, whichever is displayed.
- When the Printers window opens, right-click anywhere in the window and select the Reset printing system option.
- In the confirmation window, select the Reset option.
- Type the administrator name and password and click OK to finish the reset process.
- Add the printer to the Printers and Scanners list and then try to print.
- If you have a Windows OS, run the HP Print and Scan Doctor software. Open it and click Start. If the printer’s name is not listed, click Retry.
- Keep following the prompts to fix the offline issue.
- Now, try printing a document. If the issue persists, set the printer as the default printing source.
- Restart the printer, computer, and router if you have established a wireless connection. Reconnect the printer and computer to the same network and proceed to print.
- For USB connections, remove the cable and check for damage. Replace the cable if it is torn or worn out.
- Try connecting the cable to a different USB port and check if the issue is resolved.
Cannot Connect HP Laserjet Pro M148dw To A Wi-Fi Network
- First, ensure your router is powered on and the printer is placed closer to it.
- If you have a Windows computer, launch the HP Print and Scan Doctor software, and select the printer’s name. Go ahead with the instructions on the screen and fix the HP LaserJet Pro M148dw printing issue.
- If the problem persists, switch to a different Wi-Fi channel interface.
- Open your web browser from your device, type the IP address for your router brand in the address bar, and sign in.
- Click the configuration menu on the page that displays and switch to a different Wi-Fi channel.
- Try printing a document or photo.
- Reset the printer if the HP LaserJet Pro M148dw printing issue persists.
- If you have established a wired network for the printer, remove the Ethernet cable and make sure it is not damaged.
- Try to connect the cable to a different Ethernet or LAN port. Turn the printer on and try to print your documents.
We hope these troubleshooting methods have helped you resolve the HP LaserJet Pro M148dw printing issues. If the problems remain unsolved, don’t hesitate to reset your printer settings to factory defaults. For further clarifications, get in touch with our technical experts using the call option on this page.