HP LaserJet Pro M148DW Setup
HP LaserJet Pro M148DW is an All-in-One monochrome laser printer that has mobile printing capability, automatic duplexing feature, and a built-in Ethernet. It can produce high-quality print and scan outputs. The Voice-activated printing technology supported by the 123.hp.com/ljprom148dw printer helps you print via Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, and Microsoft Cortana. Step by step instructions for setting up the printer is given in the following sections.
HP Laserjet Pro M148DW Unboxing setup
- Unpack the packaging box, and open the flaps to view the 123.hp.com/ljprom148dw printer.
- Lift the printer carefully from the box, and place it on a flat surface for the ease of handling.
- Peel off the tapes on the printer, and remove the film from the control panel.
- Lower the front input tray, and move the guides in the center to the extreme ends.
- Place a stack of plain sheets in the tray. You can place up to 250 sheets in the tray.
- Adjust the guides such that they touch the edges of the sheets. Lower the output bin extender on the top of the printer.
- You can close the tray if you have inserted letter sized paper. The tray doesn’t close with large or legal sized paper.
- Connect the power cord’s one end to the printer’s rear port and the other end into the wall outlet.
- Power on your 123.hp.com/ljprom148dw printer, and wait while it calibrates itself. Do not proceed until the printer is idle and silent.
- Use the right arrow on the control panel to choose a language, region, and other preferences. Press OK after setting up each choice. The printer’s hardware setup is now complete.
HP Laserjet Pro M148DW
An installation disc comprising the driver for the HP Laserjet Pro M148DW printer is supplied along with the printer. If the driver on the CD is not compatible with your operating system or outdated, you can download the most recent version of the driver using the Driver Download button provided on the page or from the manufacturer’s site.
HP Laserjet Pro M148DW Wireless setup
To make printing easier, connect your device and printer over a wireless network. The printer can be set up on a wireless network using the Wireless Setup Wizard or Wi-Fi Protected Setup from the printer’s control panel.
HP Laserjet Pro M148DW print setup
The printer uses the Laser technology to print the document or photos at a maximum resolution of up to 1200×1200 dpi. It supports Automatic duplexing to print on both sides of the printer. Several printer software features make printing exciting and simple.
HP Laserjet Pro M148DW scan setup
The printer uses the Contact Image Sensor (CIS) technology to scan at a resolution of 300×300 dpi using the ADF and up to 1200×1200 dpi using the flatbed scanner. You can scan up to 15 pages per minute. The printer can scan items to your computer, email or a memory device.
HP Laserjet Pro M148DW copy setup
The 123.hp.com/ljprom148dw printer can function as an efficient copier. The copy resolution is up to 600×600 dpi, and up to 99 copies of an original document can be made at a speed of 28 copies per minute. You can reduce or enlarge the copy up to 25-400%. There are several advanced copy settings for getting the best results.
HP Laserjet Pro M148DW toner
- The toner cartridges compatible with the printer are HP 94A and 94X Black Laserjet Toner cartridge. Keep reading to know how to replace or refill the toner cartridge.
- HP M148DW toner replacement Raise the scanner unit on top of the printer and lift the cartridge door.
- Take the toner cartridge out.
- Unwrap the new toner cartridge. Make sure there are no tapes or other packaging material on it before inserting it into the printer.
- Install the new toner cartridge and align it with the tracks.
- Push the toner cartridge until it gets secured into a place.
- Pull the access door down, and lower the scanner unit. The 123.hp.com/ljprom148dw printer is now ready to print.
HP M148DW toner refill
- It is always recommended to replace the empty toner with genuine toner. Refilling the toner may result in printing issues.
- However, if no other go, refer to the procedure for refilling a toner. Prefer a high-quality, reliable toner for refilling.
- Locate the fill port in the toner storage chamber.
- Remove the residual toner from the toner from the cartridge. Tap the cartridge on a tissue to empty it.
- Drill the waste toner section, and clear the waste toner from it. Seal the opening using a tape. Now fill the toner from the refill bottle into the toner cartridge via the fill port.
- Seal the storage section using a tape. You can see a chip at the end of the toner. Re-insert the toner cartridge into the printer.
HP Laserjet Pro M148DW mobile printing
The printer supports mobile printing services supported are HP ePrint, Wi-Fi Direct, Apple AirPrint, Google Cloud Print. HP Smart App. You can connect any network-connected mobile device to the printer via these services, and can print in just a few taps or clicks. The instructions for setting up and using ePrint, AirPrint, Cloud Print, etc., are given in detail in the following sections.
HP Laserjet Pro M148DW ePrint
- HP has developed an email-based service for sending print jobs to any web-enabled from printer from a mobile device connected to the same network. Refer to the steps below for printing via ePrint.
- Press the Setup (tool-like) button on the control panel, and select Network Setup. Choose the Show IP address option, and note the address displayed on the printer.
- Open a web browser, type the IP address in address bar, and hit Enter to open the EWS page.
- Select the HP Web Services option, and click the Enable option to turn on the Web Services.
- Once connected to the Web, the 123.hp.com/ljprom148dw printer prints an information page comprising the printer code.
- Use the code to create your HP ePrint account on HP Connected.
- Install the HP ePrint software on your computer.
- Select an item for printing, and send it as an attachment to the printer’s email address.
- Do not forget to provide a subject for the mail.
HP Laserjet Pro M148DW AirPrint
- AirPrint lets you access the printer from any Mac or iOS (of version 4.2 and later) devices, without the need for installing the printer driver or software.
- Open the item you want to print, and select the Share icon.
- Tap Print to open the Print Options.
- Choose the Laserjet Pro M148dw printer from the Select Printer menu.
- Modify the print settings as per your print job, and tap Print.
- To print from Mac OS or OS X, click the File menu from your software, and click Print. If you are not able to print, proceed with the following steps to add the printer to the printer queue.
- Open the System Preference window, and select the Print & Scan option.
- Check if the printer’s name is displayed in the Printers list. If the printer’s name is listed, remove and re-add it.
- Click the Print Using menu, and select the AirPrint or Secure AirPrint option, and select Add.
- Open the File menu, and select Print.
HP Laserjet Pro M148DW Cloud Print
- Power on the Laserjet Pro M148DW printer, and load a stack of plain sheets into the tray.
- Open the Chrome browser from your computer and then log into your Google account.
- Type the chrome://devices and hit Enter.
- The Google Cloud Print begins to search for printers connected to the wireless network.
- Click New Devices, and select Register. Confirm the registration by clicking the Register option again.
- Print a confirmation page. Return to the printer to confirm the registration on the control panel.
- Wait for the 123.hp.com/ljprom148dw printer to print a confirmation page.
- Now, click Cloud Print and then select Print Jobs.
- Click the Print option, and choose the Upload file to print option.
- Choose Select a file from my computer, and select a document or photo for printing.
- Open the Google Cloud Print window, change the print settings if required, and click Print.
The HP LaserJet Pro M148DW is an efficient printer that can produce high-quality laser prints. The page covers all the necessary details about the printer, the advanced features it supports, and the step-by-step instructions for setting and using the printer. Simple guidelines for resolving the commonly occurring 123.hp.com/ljprom148dw printer issues are also given on the page.