HP Laserjet Pro m252dw Printer Setup
- Duty cycle up to 30000 pages.
- The printer has a resolution up to 600 dpi.
- Compatible with Linux, Windows and Mac.
- Print through wired, wireless, USB, Wi-Fi Direct and NFC.
- Scan resolution up to 300 ppi.
- Reduces power consumption.
- Supports duplex printing.
Portrait or Landscape Orientation
The terms portrait and landscape denote different orientations of the paper that is if it is oriented vertically or horizontally. These modes can be used to describe printed pages as well as digital photos.
Paper Tray or Source
This setting lets you choose the type of paper that is to be loaded into the tray. The paper types you select vary by a paper tray. Use the Automatically Select option to pull paper from the main tray.
Photo paper type
You need to open the file that you want to print, then select the print option from your application and then select Preferences or Properties. Now, select a paper that is appropriate for your print job.
Whenever the ink cartridge levels are low or when high-quality prints are not needed, use the draft mode. With the fast mode, the print job will be finished quicker and the amount of ink used will be reduced.
Color or Black and white
With this option you can select the printing preferences option to print either in the color or black and white mode. Once you set the print mode, it is better to make sure that you select the OK option.
You can use a high dots-per-inch (dpi) resolution that produces quality printing results, but it may take longer to print. If necessary, you can change the resolution settings to a lower dpi setting.
How to Install
The first and the foremost step is to check the requirements to prepare for the network connection setup and driver installation. Now, turn on the HP Laserjet Pro M252DW printer and verify if it is in a ready state. Do not connect the power cable until you are prompted. Opt for your desired network connection. You can also the USB cable to connect the printer and the PC. Choose your printer model from the list that appears on the control panel and then customize the printer settings by following the on-screen instructions.
- Step 1 : Take out the unwanted wrap from the printer, then fix the paper tray by inserting the pegs into the correct slots and then pull out and unfold the tray extender.
- Step 2 : See the back of the box as the contents may vary by country/region. Now, connect the power cord to the rear side of the printer and the electrical socket. Turn on the HP Laserjet Pro M252DW printer and then you can set the language and country/region. Tap Basic Settings, then type the Date in the correct two-digit format and then enter OK.
- Step 4 : Ascertain that you type the time in the correct format, HH: MM (01:45), then set AM or PM and then enter the OK option. Now, proceed to the next step.Carefully mount plain and white paper in the main paper tray and then make sure that you slide the paper-width guide to its outermost position.
- Step 6 : It is recommended to make sure that you insert the stack of paper print-side down along the right side of the paper tray and then you can proceed to the next step.
- Step 7 : Also, ensure that the stack of paper aligns with the right and back edges of the tray and fits below the line marking in the tray.Now, take out the new cartridge from its package and discard the tape from it. Ensure that you insert the cartridges into their respective slots.
- Step 9 : Close the front access door, then select Setup on the printer’s control panel and then select the Align Cartridge option. Now, you need to click the OK option.
Driver manual download
Downloading the driver helps to complete all the tasks easily as they form the source of communication and translation between your Operating System and its hardware. It is always a better option to download the latest version of the driver for your PC. This allows the printer to perform better because running an old version of a driver with your hardware can cause minor performance problems. Sometimes it may also crash your system. You can follow the instructions on downloading the driver and getting the HP Laserjet Pro M252DW printer ready to print by just clicking the pop-up menu on our website to download the driver.
Ink and Toner catridge
Inkjet printers usually use ink cartridges where the cartridge contains liquid ink, usually absorbed in a sponge. On the other hand, HP Laserjet Pro M252DW printers use the toner cartridges in which instead of liquid ink, they are filled with a fine powder that can be magnetically charged. Ink cartridges are a better option for home printing where low initial cost is more important. But for high-volume printing, laser printers and toner cartridges are the choices as it saves the costs per page. They are also more reliable under heavy usage. Compared to the toner cartridges, an inkjet cartridge prints fewer pages. Read the prompts below to replace the toner cartridges or collection unit.
Replace the toner cartridges
- Step 1: In order to replace the toner cartridge, open the front door, then make sure that you hold the blue handle on the toner cartridge drawer and then carefully pull it out.
- Step 2: Now, carefully grasp the handle on the toner cartridge, then take out the new toner cartridge package from the box and then to remove it, pull the release tab on the packaging.
- Step 3: Carefully grasp both ends of the toner cartridge and then ascertain that you gently rock the toner cartridge back and forth to distribute the toner. Now, move on to the next step.
- Step 4: It is advisable to ascertain that you carefully insert the new toner cartridge into the drawer and also verify if the color chip on the cartridge matches the color chip on the drawer.
- Step 5: You need to push the toner cartridge drawer into the 123.hp.com/ljprom252dw printer, then carefully shut the front door to secure the cartridge and also make sure that it is placed properly.
- Step 6: Go to our website and reach our technical support team on the Toll-freeif there is an issue with the toner cartridge. We provide you instant and easy solutions.
Replace the toner collection unit
- Step 1: Only when you receive any instruction on the control panel to replace the toner collection unit, replace it. Also, note that you do not empty the toner collection unit and reuse it.
- Step 2: The primary reason behind this is that it may lead to toner being spilled inside the printer, which could, therefore, result in reduced print quality. You can now proceed to the next step.
- Step 3: It is a better option to have another toner collection unit readily available if you want to print documents or photos that require heavy toner coverage. Now, examine the toner unit.
- Step 4: You can open the front door of the HP Laserjet Pro M252DW printer to replace the toner collection unit and then ensure that you carefully take out the blue label at the top of the toner collection unit.
- Step 5: Now, place the attached blue cap over the blue opening at the top of the unit, then take out the new toner collection unit from its package and then proceed.
- Step 6: Carefully mount the bottom of the new unit into the printer, then push the top of it until it clicks into position and then close the front door. For any assistance, contact us on the Toll-free.
These days, almost all printers are AirPrint enabled. This Airprint mobile printing solution includes features such as automatic media selection, easy discovery and enterprise-class finishing options. You need to make sure that the printer is connected to the same wireless network as the Apple iOS device and then follow the on-screen instructions to set up the feature.
The printers that are compatible with the HP ePrint solution come with a custom e-mail address so that documents can be sent directly to the printer from any device that supports e-mail, such as an iPad or a smartphone. All you have to do is follow the on-screen instructions to set up and print documents attached to email messages sent to the device.
Printing becomes a child’s play when you can send a print job from any device, anywhere in the world to your printer at home. Moreover, you can print documents and photos securely to your HP Laserjet Pro M252DW printer from any mobile or network-connected device using Google Cloud Print. All you need is to have a Google account and Cloud Print Ready printer.
After collecting the network name and password, turn on the router, printer and computer. Check if the printer and PC are connected to the same wireless network. Turn on the 123.hp.com M252dw printer and place it close to the computer in such a way that it is within the range of the router. Tap the Wireless icon, then tap Settings and then select Wireless Setup Wizard. Double-click the driver file in the browser downloads bar and complete the connection setup and driver installation by following the on-screen instructions.
Gather the network name and password and then turn on the printer, router and PC. Verify that your PC and the HP Laserjet pro m252nw printer are connected to the same wireless network. Switch on the printer and place it close to the PC in such a way that it is within the range of the router. Type the printer model, then click the file name in the browser downloads bar. Now, select the printer model under the Bonjour list option and complete the printer setup by following the on-screen instructions.
Are you unable to print even after installing the printer driver? Due to unexpected reasons the printer might go offline and display an error message. But do not worry. You can install the upgraded printer driver and software compatible with your operating system and HP Laserjet Pro m252dw printer. Get to know the troubleshooting solutions for your printer below.
- Make sure that you check if there is a good network connection between your Laserjet Pro m252dw printer and computer.
- Once you download HP Print and Scan Doctor, it may help you diagnose and resolve printer offline issue.
- Set the default printer driver for Mac or Windows PC, delete all extra printers and leave one idle printer.
- Reboot the HP Laserjet Pro M252DW printer and make sure that you select the correct port. Now, move on to the next step.
- In case the selection does not match the current connection, you need to ascertain that the correct port type is selected.
- You can move on to the next step if the problem still persists. Now, you can add the printer using HP Printer Assistant.
- Check the status of the printer by printing a test page and for any clarification, ring us on the Toll-free.