Laserjet Pro m254dw Troubleshooting
HP Laserjet Pro M254dw Troubleshooting
Why is HP LaserJet Pro M254dw Offline
- Link the HP LaserJet Pro M254dw printer to a wall power source and power it on. Power on your wireless router and ensure that it is connected to a WAP that has an active internet connection.
- Turn on your computer and click the Start icon on the taskbar. Click the Search tab, type Devices in the box, and press the Enter button. Select the Device and Printers option from the menu displayed on the screen.
- You can also go to the Devices and Printers menu by accessing the Control Panel settings. Double-click the HP printer that is active (indicated by a green colored dot).
- Pick the Set as Default option from the drop-down listing. Restart and enable the Wireless feature on your printer. Wait until the printer’s Wi-Fi connects to your router automatically. Print a network test page after the connection is established.
Why won’t my HP LaserJet Pro M254dw print
- Check the estimated ink level on the ink cartridges. If the ink level is below the standard marking, replace the depleted cartridges with new ones.
- Make sure to place the ink cartridges into the designated ink slots. If the cartridges are misplaced, the assembly might get damaged.
- Ensure that appropriate papers are loaded in the input tray. Make sure to load papers with the print side facing down. The non-print side has an HP logo on it and the print side is smooth.
- Do not use curled or wrinkled papers into the tray. Use only clean and wrinkle-free plain or photo papers. Use HP Advanced Photo Paper for printing high-contrast graphic images.
- Store the photo papers in its original packing inside a reliable plastic bag. Ensure that the papers are stored in a cool and dry place.
How to solve HP LaserJet Pro M254dw paper jam & feed Problem?
- Dismantle all the removable parts of the printer.
- Check for paper jams inside the printer and in the paper trays.
- Do not leave even bits or torn pieces of paper.
- Use a torchlight to deep-check the printer’s inside.
- Make sure to free the rollers from jammed papers.
- Ensure that the cartridge assembly is not stuck with any sheets.
- Reload the input tray with appropriate papers.
- Shut down the device and disconnect it from the power source. Unlock the access panel at the front. Hold the toner cartridge firmly and remove it from the drum unit.
- The printer’s internal pickup duplex roller is embedded above the drum unit assembly. The roller is either black or gray in color and it is made of rubber.
- Lift the roller upward i.e., towards the front of your printer. Pull it out of the printer and then place it on a clean surface, such as desk or workbench.
- Take a bowl and pour two spoons of soap water into it. Dip a lint-free cloth in the water. Take it out and squeeze until the excess water is drained.
- Do not use concentrated water as it damages the roller. Use only dilute or distilled water. Place the roller on the cloth, wrap it up, and then set it aside.
- Do not disturb the setup for a few minutes. After sometime, unwrap the roller and wipe the surface and the interior of the roller, with a dry lint-free cloth.
- Make sure to clean all the dust and debris from the roller. Let the roller to dry completely and then lock it in its position. Close the front access panel.
- If the issue persists, change the paper size settings of the document. Open the document to be printed. Expand the View tab and click the Design menu from the drop-down list.
- Double-click the Paper Size drop-down list on the right-pane of the page and choose a paper size. Refer to the printer’s manual for compatible paper sizes.
- Make sure you set the paper size that matches the same size of the papers that are loaded in the input tray. Print a document and check if the HP Laserjet Pro m254dw troubleshooting issue is resolved.
How to solve HP LaserJet Pro M254dw print quality issue?
When the HP LaserJet Pro M245dw printer shows ink cartridge error, then the quality of the printed document or photo fades out with streaks and lines. Proceed with the steps mentioned below to resolve the HP Laserjet Pro m254dw troubleshooting Ink Not Printing error.
- Disconnect the printer from the computer and the network/USB connection.
- Go to the Programs and Features menu on your Windows system.
- Right-click the installed HP printer from the list displayed on-screen.
- Select the Uninstall or Yes option from the drop-down menu.
- Click Yes, if a User Account Control message displays.
- Go with the on-screen directions to complete the driver removal process.
- Restart the computer after the uninstallation process completes.
- Get the latest available version of the driver from our site.
- Start printing if the HP Laserjet Pro m254dw troubleshooting issue is resolved, else proceed further.
How to solve HP LaserJet Pro M254dw won’t connect to Wi-Fi issue?
- Utilize the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool to fix the error. Get the HP Print and Scan Doctor software on your Windows device. Access the Downloads folder and select the setup file named HPPSdr.exe.
- Right-click on it and select the Install option from the drop-down tab. Follow prompts on the screen to complete the software installation. Launch the software and click Start on the Welcome screen.
- Choose the HP printer model from the list displayed. If the printer name fails to display, click Retry until it appears. Proceed with the on-screen guidelines to fix the wireless network connection HP Laserjet Pro m254dw troubleshooting problems.
- Click on the Fix Printing option. Review the menu of actionable results and proceed with the system’s flow. After that, if the software prompts to activate the printer updates, click Yes and continue with guidelines on the screen.
- Click the OK icon, if a pop-up prompts to set the printer as the default one. If the HP Laserjet Pro m254dw troubleshooting error resolves, start to print, else proceed further.
How to solve LaserJet Pro M254dw “parameter incorrect” error when printing word or notepad
Make sure to connect the printer and the computer to the same network source. Print a network information report from the printer’s access panel and check the following on the report.
- Access the Diagnostics Results Connectivity area and ensure that the Connection is marked as PASS.
- In case the Connection status is inactive, restart the print environment and reconnect the printer and the computer.
- Check for notifications on top of the report that might assist you to resolve the problem.
- Confirm that the Network Name (SSID) on the report matches with your network name.
- If there is a security software installed or updated on your computer, it may block the system from communicating with other devices.
- Perform a power reset on your printer and restore the print settings to default version and check if the HP Laserjet Pro m254dw troubleshooting issue resolves.