HP LaserJet Pro M254DW Troubleshooting
All printers are prone to errors. However, some problems can be fixed easily and so you don’t have to chase a technician every time. This HP LaserJet Pro M254dw troubleshooting guide will be your chance to get the printer back to normal function. In many cases, the actual problem lies with the printer driver, print settings, or firmware. So, if we find the exact cause of the problem, we can fix it right away. Therefore, we have compiled some effective solutions to fix your printer problems on this page. Try these techniques one by one and resolve your problem. Now, let’s look at the solutions to get your printer working again.
Table Of Contents
- 1.Why is HP LaserJet Pro M254dw Offline?
- 2.Why My HP LaserJet Pro M254dw Won’t Print?
- 3.Fix HP LaserJet Pro M254dw Paper Jam & Feed Problem?
- 4.How To Solve HP LaserJet Pro M254dw Print Quality Issue?
- 5.Quick Fix- HP LaserJet Pro M254dw Not Connecting To Wi-Fi
- 6.Solved: HP LaserJet Pro M254dw “Parameter Incorrect” Error While Printing From Word Or Notepad
Why is HP LaserJet Pro M254dw Offline?
- Link the HP LaserJet Pro M254dw printer to a wall power source and power it on. Power on your wireless router and ensure that it is connected to a WAP that has an active internet connection.
- Turn on your computer and click the Start icon on the taskbar. Click the Search tab, type Devices in the box, and press the Enter button. Select the Device and Printers option from the menu displayed on the screen.
- You can also go to the Devices and Printers menu by accessing Windows Control Panel. Right-click the HP printer icon that is active (indicated by a green-colored dot).
- Pick the Set as Default option from the drop-down listing. Restart and enable the wireless mode on your printer. Wait until the printer’s Wi-Fi connects to your wireless router. For verification, print a network test page after the connection is established.
Why My HP LaserJet Pro M254dw Won’t Print?
- Check the estimated ink level of the cartridges. If the ink level is below the standard marking, replace the depleted cartridges with new ones.
- Make sure that the ink cartridges are designated into their slots. If the cartridges are misplaced, the assembly unit might get damaged.
- Ensure that the paper loaded into the input tray is correct. Make sure to load the print media with the print side facing down. The non-print side has an HP logo and the print side will be smooth.
- Do not use curled or wrinkled papers on the tray. Use only clean and wrinkle-free plain or photo papers. Use HP Advanced Photo Paper for printing high-contrast graphic images.
- Check the print settings on your computer. If necessary, modify the print settings and save them. This will fix the printing issue.
Fix HP LaserJet Pro M254dw Paper Jam & Feed Problem?
- Make sure you set the paper size that matches the same size as the papers that are loaded in the input tray.
- Make sure to clean all the dust and debris from the roller to avoid paper feed issues in the future.
- Next, turn on your printer and check the paper settings on the touchscreen control panel.
- Print a document and check if the HP LaserJet Pro M254dw troubleshooting techniques resolved the paper jam and paper feed issues.
How To Solve HP LaserJet Pro M254dw Print Quality Issue?
When there is an issue with the HP LaserJet Pro M245dw toner, the quality of the printed document or photo fades out with streaks and lines. Proceed with the steps mentioned below to resolve the print quality issue.
- With the printer turned on, go to the printer dashboard and check the toner level indicator. If the toner level is low, you must replace the toner cartridge.
- If you have enough toner level to print quality documents, remove the toner cartridge from the printer. Clean the toner cartridge and reinstall it into the printer.
- To replace the toner cartridge, remove the existing one. Open the new cartridge and remove the packing materials from it.
- Rock the toner cartridge well to distribute the toner inside it.
- Insert the new toner cartridge into the drawer and close the front door.
Quick Fix- HP LaserJet Pro M254dw Not Connecting To Wi-Fi
This section describes fixing the wireless connection issue using the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool. Get the diagnostic tool from the official HP site and install it on your Windows computer.
- Open the tool and click Start on the Welcome screen.
- Choose your HP printer name from the displayed list. If your printer name isn’t listed, click Retry and carry out the instructions provided by the tool. With the on-screen guidelines, fix the Wireless Network Connection issue.
- Click on the Fix Printing option. Review the menu of actionable results and proceed with the system’s flow. After that, if the software prompts to activate the printer updates, click Yes and continue with the guidelines on the screen.
- Click the OK button if a pop-up prompts you to set the printer as the default one. Finally, print a test page to check if the HP LaserJet Pro M254dw troubleshooting technique resolves the issue.
Solved: HP LaserJet Pro M254dw “Parameter Incorrect” Error While Printing From Word Or Notepad
It seems like you are getting the error when printing from Word or Notepad. Probably, the reason behind the issue can be the driver package installed on your computer. Let’s fix this error with these troubleshooting techniques.
- Firstly, disconnect and reconnect your HP printer to your computer.
- Open Control Panel and click the Programs and Features tab.
- Locate and select all the entries related to the HP LaserJet printer and remove them.
- Next, go to the Devices and Printers section and remove all the HP LaserJet Pro M254dw printer entries.
- Open the Windows Run command box and type “printui.exe /s” in the text field. Hit the Enter key and go to Drivers from the Print Server Properties section.
- Remove all the entries and go to Windows Explorer to delete the HP folder.
- Restart your computer and printer. After that, print your document and check if the problem is resolved.
We hope this HP LaserJet Pro M254dw troubleshooting guide has helped you rectify your printer problems. Do not hesitate to implement our troubleshooting solutions. Our techniques are proven methods. Also, we have your back covered. You can click the Toll-Free button on this page to contact one of our technical experts for real-time assistance.