HP LaserJet Pro M254dw wireless setup
Set up the HP LaserJet Pro M254dw printer on a wireless network through the Wireless feature embedded with the printer.
How to connect HP LaserJet Pro M254dw to wireless
- Use the printer’s Bluetooth function to print from your iPhone using the Bluetooth option. Place the printer and the iPhone as close as possible.
- Access the printer’s Control Panel menu. Go to the Setup menu and then navigate to the Bluetooth option. Slide the toggle switch on top of the screen to activate it. Likewise, enable the Bluetooth feature on your Apple phone.
- Touch the Scan Nearby Devices option and wait until the list of available devices appears. Tap the one with the name similar to your printer model. Make sure to activate the Make Device Visible option under the Bluetooth Settings.
- If the iPhone prompts to initiate the pairing process, enter the pairing code on the printer’s access panel and tap the OK icon. Make sure you type the pairing code in exact format.
How to connect HP Laserjet pro m254dw to wifi
Review the currently set Wi-Fi Direct settings and take a note of the same. After that, create a new password and alter your printer’s name using the Embedded Web Server (EWS).
Check the Wi-Fi Direct Settings on the Printer’s Access Panel
- Tap the Wi-Fi Direct icon on the printer’s control panel. The status screen pops up.
- Touch the Settings icon to enable or disable the Wi-Fi Direct feature and alter the connection type either to protected or unprotected (Manual or Automatic).
- You can also print a report comprising the Wi-Fi Direct information. Press the Information button on the access panel to print the report. Note down the Wi-Fi Direct password and other settings.
- Link the HP LaserJet Pro M254dw printer to the same HP Laserjet Pro m254dw wireless setup to which your computer/mobile device is connected. Print the network information page (that has the IP address) from the printer.
- Open a web browser on the host device.Type the IP address in the address box and click/tap the Search icon.
- Wait for a while and the Embedded Web Server page opens.
- Click Continue on the website security certificate page that displays next. Open the Networks menu and select the Wi-Fi Direct icon. Click the Status option and wait until you see a message stating You are being redirected to a secure HTTPS-enabled page displays.
- Click the OK or Redirect to HTTPS icon. If an error message stating Your connection is not private displays, expand the Advanced menu and click Proceed to [Printer IP address].
- Select the Edit Settings menu on the Wi-Fi Direct Status screen. Make necessary changes and click Apply. Restart the HP LaserJet Pro M254dw printer and initiate the Wi-Fi direct connection again.
- Enter the Wi-Fi Direct password (follow the case-sensitive protocols correctly) and initiate a print or copy job.
how to connect HP LaserJet Pro M254dw to laptop
- HP Laserjet Pro m254dw wireless setup method – Wireless Direct; HP Auto Wireless Connect; & HP Smart app.
- Wired method – Ethernet Networking.
- USB setup method.