123 HP Laserjet Pro m254dw Setup
Unload the 123 HP Laserjet Pro m254dw printer and its parts from the package. Discard all the packing materials and using the power cable, connect the printer to a power source. Insert the ink cartridges into the ink slots and load papers into the paper input tray. Get the drivers and software for the printer and install them. Set up the printer over a network or USB source.
How to Setup HP Laserjet pro M254dw
- Keep the package on a flat surface and take the 123 HP Laserjet Pro m254dw printer’s accessories from the box.
- Remove the device from the Styrofoam packing and discard all the packing materials.
- Remove the cardboard pieces from inside the printer. Send the packing materials for the recycling process.
- Take the electrical cord and plug the pin-end to the power port at the rear of the printer.
- Power up the 123.hp.com/ljprom254dw printer by long pressing the Power button and select your Language on the Welcome screen.
- Take a stack of plain paper and load the input tray with the stack. Make sure to adjust the paper guides to hold the papers firmly.
- Remove the protective tapes from the ink cartridges and put the cartridges into the designated ink slots.
- Use the printer’s setup disk to install the HP LaserJet Pro M254dw printer drivers on the computer you are using.
HP Laserjet pro m254dw
Download the HP LaserJet Pro M254dw printer driver and manual using the download links given on this site.
HP Laserjet pro M254dw wireless setup
Set up the HP LaserJet Pro M254dw printer on a wireless network through the Wireless feature embedded with the printer.
How to Print from iPhone to HP LaserJet Pro M254dw
- Check whether the printer supports AirPrint and then proceed further. Power on the 123 HP Laserjet Pro m254dw printer and enable the Wireless feature in it. Bridge it with the router, connected to a WAP.
- Load sufficient papers into the paper tray. Activate the Wi-Fi feature on your iPad and make sure it connects to the same Wireless network to which the printer is connected.
- Open the document through the application that you want to print from. Touch the Share or Menu icon and select the Print option. If there is no Share icon present, open the doc in another application.
- Tap on the Select Printer option and select the printer model (connected to the same wireless network) from the list appearing on the display.
- Set the number of prints to be printed, what pages are to be printed first, and other customization. Tap the Print icon on the top-right corner of the screen. The document prints from the 123 HP Laserjet Pro m254dw printer.
- You can also opt for the Bluetooth option if the AirPrint method is not comfortable.
HP LaserJet Pro M254dw ePrint setup
- HP ePrint is a cloud-oriented mobile-printing service that allows you to print On The Go or from anywhere, provided you have a strong and active internet connection. The ePrint feature follows a set of protocols to secure your information.
- Share the document or photo that you want to print (through an email attachment) to the printer, using the its email address.
- Power on the 123 HP Laserjet Pro m254dw printer and load the paper tray with a blank A4 sheet. Confirm that the ink cartridges are correctly installed and the ink level is above the normal mark. Browse through the printer’s Control Panel settings and select the HP ePrint icon.
- Scroll the page down and tap the Setup icon. Continue with prompts on the screen to enable the Web Services.
- You can also activate the ePrint service on the printer’s access panel. When the ePrint window opens, select the Web Services Setup, Network Setup, or Wireless Settings menu. Activate the Web Services by following on-screen directions (this method is applicable for printers with text-based displays).
- Touch the Print Info or Print icon after the Web Services feature turns on. An information page, comprising the printer’s email address prints from the printer. The email address displays on the printer’s access panel as well. Note down the address and tap the Exit option to quit the Web Services menu.
HP LaserJet Pro M254dw Toner Cartridge Replacement
- Power up the 123 HP LaserJet Pro M254dw printer and open the toner access panel at the front.
- The drum unit assembly inside the printer has a slot for the toner cartridge.
- Lift the green-colored toner lever. Take the new ink cartridge out of its cover.
- Remove the protective tape and insert the toner into the drum unit assembly.
- Push the toner firmly until it locks in its position and then lower the toner lever.
- If you face issues with the toner cartridge, proceed with the forthcoming steps.
- The toner ink in the cartridge becomes thick when not used for a long period.
- Remove the toner cartridge. Shudder and rub it to make the toner ink flow.
- If the issue persists, remove the entire drum unit assembly from the printer.
- Take the toner cartridge apart. Purchase a new drum unit assembly from a trusted retailer.
- Unpack the purchased drum unit and place the toner cartridge in the unit.
- Ensure that the corona wire tab is at the home position. Check if the issue is resolved.
How to print on HP LaserJet Pro M254dw
Make sure to load appropriate plain papers into the paper input tray. Choose a document to print and open it on the laptop you are using. Click the File menu and select the Print option from the drop-down tab. Choose your 123 HP Laserjet Pro m254dw printer name from the list and click on it. The doc prints from the printer.
How to print Double side on HP LJPM254Dw Printer
- Load the paper tray with enough blank papers to complete the print job. On the laptop you are using, open the document that you want to print.
- Single-click on the File menu and select the Print option from the drop-down menu. Pick your printer model from the list displayed on the screen, and then click the Printer Properties tab.
- The Printing Preferences or Document Properties window pops up. If a Printing shortcuts tab is present, select the Two-sided (Duplex) or Print on Both Sides Printing option.
- In case the Printing Shortcut menu is not present, expand the Layout tab, click the Two-sided printing menu, and then select the page flip or binding option.
- Select OK and click Print. The printer pulls the pages in and prints on the other side. This shows that the 123 HP Laserjet Pro m254dw printer supports automatic duplexing.
- To avoid paper jams during duplex printing, do not print on both sides of transparent papers, envelopes, photo papers, or glossy papers. Also, do not use papers weighing less than 16 lbs and more than 105 lbs.
- After setting up a duplex printing job, the settings carry over to the future print job. Deactivate the duplex setting in the print driver to change to one-sided setting.
- Click on the Printing Shortcut tab in the Print Settings window. Select the tab on the document-related shortcuts. Modify the duplex setting by selecting the User Specified Print Settings and click Save As.
How to Reset HP LaserJet Pro M254dw
- Power off the computer/laptop that you use to print. Disconnect the wireless router from the Wireless Access Point and disable the router’s power connection. Remove the router’s power cable from the socket.
- Reestablish the router’s power connection after few seconds. Reconnect the router to the WAP and wait until the router’s network light turns active.
- Re-associate the printer with a reliable power supply and power it on. Activate the Wireless function on the printer and connect it to your wireless network.
- Switch on your computer and link it it the same wireless network to which the 123 HP Laserjet Pro m254dw printer is connected. Print a test report and verify whether the issue is resolved.
HP Laserjet pro M254dw Troubleshooting
HP LaserJet Pro M254dw is a multi-functional printer and is embedded with dynamic technologies. Yet, the printer encounters parameter errors, offline error, and ink cartridge problems. Continue with the topics provided below to rectify the recurring errors.
This site provides information to begin the first time setup on your 123 HP Laserjet pro m521dn. It also provides instructions to print, scan, fax, copy, get the latest printer driver, install it on your computer. Make sure to get the latest version of the printer driver on your computer by selecting a suitable option on this site. Also, get solutions to overcome issues such as printer offline, paper jam error, not printing, not scanning, and paper feed error on this website. For further assistance, contact our tech support team.