HP Laserjet pro m402dw Printer
- Duty cycle up to 80000 pages.
- Compatible with Windows and Mac.
- Print through USB, Ethernet and Wi-Fi network.
- Print speed up to 40 ppm.
- Supports double-sided printing.
- Print has a resolution up to 600 dpi.
- An ENERGY STAR qualified printer.
How to Install
The primary step is that you need to check the requirements to prepare for the network connection setup and driver installation. Now, switch on the HP Laserjet Pro M402DW printer and verify if it is in a ready state. Do not connect the power cord until you are prompted. Select the network connection. You can also use the USB cable to form a connection between the printer and the PC. Choose your printer model from the list that appears and then customize the printer settings by following the on-screen instructions.
- Step 1 : Remove the packing materials from the printer, then fix the paper tray by inserting the pegs into the correct slots and then pull out and unfold the tray extender.
- Step 2 : Observe the back of the box as the contents may vary by country/region. Connect the power cord to the hind side of the printer and the electrical socket.
- Step 3 : Switch on the HP Laserjet Pro M402DW printer and then set the language and country/region. Tap Basic Settings, then select the Date in the correct two-digit format and then tap OK.
- Step 4 : It is better to ensure that you type the time in the correct format, HH: MM (01:45), then set AM or PM and then enter OK. Now, move on to the next step.You need to carefully place a plain and white paper in the main paper tray and also make sure that the paper-width guide slides to its outermost position.
- Step 5 : It is better to make sure that you insert the stack of paper print-side down along the right side of the paper tray and then you can move on to the next step.Also, verify if the stack of paper aligns with the right and back edges of the tray and fits below the line marking in the tray.
- Step 6 : Take out the new cartridge that had been shipped with the printer and discard the tape from it. Now, insert the cartridges into their respective slots.Close the front access door, then select Setup on the control panel and then tap the Align Cartridge option.
Driver manual download
Downloading the driver lets to complete all the tasks easily as they form the source of communication and translation between your PC and its hardware. It is always a good choice to download the latest version of the driver for your PC. This makes the HP Laserjet Pro M402DW printer to perform better as running an old version of a driver with your hardware can cause minor performance problems. In few situations, it may also crash your system. You can follow the basic guidelines on downloading the driver and getting the printer ready to print by just clicking the pop-up menu on our website to download the driver.
Portrait or Landscape Orientation
The terms portrait and landscape indicates different orientations of the paper that is if it is oriented vertically or horizontally. The two modes can be used to describe printed pages as well as digital photos.
Paper Tray or Source
This setting lets you choose the type of paper that is to be inserted into the tray. The paper types you select differ by the paper tray. To pull paper from the main tray, use the Automatically Select option.
Photo paper type
You need to open the document that you want to print, then tap the print option from the application menu and then click Preferences or Properties. Now, choose a paper that is appropriate for your print job.
Whenever the ink cartridge levels are low or when high-quality prints are not required, use the draft mode. But with the fast mode, the print job will be finished quicker and the amount of ink used will be decreased.
Black and White
The HP Laserjet Pro M402dw is a monochrome printer. You can select the printing preferences option to print in the black and white mode. Once you set the print mode, make sure that you tap the OK option.
In order to get quality printing results, use a high dots-per-inch (dpi) resolution but it may take longer to print. If required, you can change the resolution settings to a lower dpi setting.
These days, almost all printers are enabled with this feature. The mobile printing solution includes features such as automatic media selection, easy discovery and enterprise-class finishing options. You need to ensure that the printer is connected to the same wireless network as the Apple iOS device and then follow the on-screen instructions to set up the feature.
The HP ePrint mobile printing enabled printers come with a custom e-mail address so that documents can be sent directly to the printer from any device that supports e-mail, such as an iPad or a smartphone. You only have to follow the on-screen instructions to set up this feature and easily print documents attached to email messages sent to the device.
Printing becomes a piece of cake when you can send a print job from any device, anywhere in the world to your HP Laserjet Pro M402DW printer at home. Using Google Cloud Print, you can print documents and photos securely to your printer from any mobile or network-connected device. You only need require a Google account and Cloud Print Ready printer.
Once you gather the network name and password, turn on the router, PC and printer. Check if the printer and PC are connected to the same wireless network. Switch on the printer, remove any obstructions and place it in such a way that it is within the range of the router. Click the Wireless icon, then tap Settings and then click the Wireless Setup Wizard option. Now, double-click the driver file in the browser downloads bar and complete the connection setup and driver installation.
Gather the network name and password and then turn on the router, PC and printer. Verify that your PC and the HP Laserjet pro m402dw printer are connected to the same wireless network. After turning on the printer, place it close to the PC in such a way that it is within the range of the router. Type your printer model, then click the file name in the browser downloads bar. Now, select the printer model under the Bonjour list option and then complete the printer setup.
Printer does not pick up paper or misfeeds
Wondering why the printer misfeeds or is not picking up the paper? You can try checking the paper and then reload it. Also, adjust the paper settings and then clean the paper feed and pick rollers with a clean lint-free cloth. If these steps did not resolve the issue, reset the printer.
resolve print quality issues
Ensure that you use genuine HP ink cartridges. In case you find any smears of ink on the back of your printouts, you can use an automated tool to resolve this issue. Check the print settings if they are appropriate for your print job and then print a Print Quality Diagnostic report to evaluate the results.
123-hp.chat website is a third-party independent service provider for technical assistance for many major brands of hardware, software and other peripherals. The brand names, images, trademarks, product and services of third parties and others on this website are only for reference and to furnish information.