HP Laserjet Pro M402N Printer
- Duty cycle up to 80,000 pages.
- Compatible with Windows and Mac OS.
- Print through ePrint, AirPrint, Mopria and Cloud Print.
- It has a print speed up to 40 ppm.
- Print resolution up to 600 dpi.
- An ENERGY STAR certified printer.
- Fast duplex printing.
How to Install
The initial step is to check the requirements to prepare for the network connection setup and driver installation. Now, turn on your HP Laserjet Pro M402N printer and verify if it is in a ready state. It is advisable to not connect the power cable until you are prompted. You can choose your network connection. Use the USB cable to link the printer and the system. Select the printer model from the list that appears on the control panel and then customize the printer settings by following the on-screen instructions.
- Step 1 : Take out the plastic wrap from the printer, then fix the paper tray by inserting the pegs into the correct slots and then pull out and unfold the tray extender.
- Step 2 : See the back of the box as the contents differ by country/region. Now, plug in the power cord to the rear side of the printer and the electrical socket.
- Step 3 : Switch on the HP Laserjet Pro M402N printer and then set the language and country/region. Click Basic Settings, then type the Date in the correct two-digit format and then select OK.
- Step 4 : It is better to ensure that you type the time in the correct format, HH: MM (01:45), then set AM or PM and then enter OK. Now, continue to the next step.
- Step 5 : Carefully insert plain and white paper in the main paper tray and then make sure that you slide the paper-width guide to its outermost position.It is recommended to make sure that you insert the stack of paper print-side down along the right side of the paper tray and then you can proceed to the next step.
- Step 6 : Also, ensure that the stack of paper aligns with the right and back edges of the tray and fits below the line marking in the tray.Now, take out the new cartridge from that had been shipped with the printer and discard the tape from it. Place the cartridges into their respective slots.
- Step 8 : Close the front access door, then click Setup on the panel and then select the Align Cartridge option.
Driver manual download
Complete all your tasks easily by downloading the driver as they form the source of communication and translation between your Operating System and its hardware. It is always a better choice to download the latest version of the driver for your PC as it allows the HP Laserjet Pro M402N printer to perform better. When you run an old version of a driver on your hardware, it can cause minor performance problems. In some cases, it may also crash your system. You can follow the procedure to download the driver and get the printer ready to print by just clicking the pop-up menu on our website.
Portrait or Landscape Orientation
The portrait and landscape mode indicates different orientations of the paper that is if it is oriented vertically or horizontally respectively. You can use these modes to describe printed pages as well as digital photos.
Paper Tray or Source
This setting lets you choose the type of paper that is to be mounted in the tray. The paper types you choose are based on the paper tray. To pull paper from the main tray, you can use the Automatically Select option.
Photo paper type
You need to open the document that you want to print, then tap the print option from the application menu and then click Preferences or Properties. Now, choose a paper that is appropriate for your print job.
When you find that the ink cartridge levels are low or when high-quality prints are not required, use this mode. The print job will be finished quicker and the amount of ink used will be decreased with the fast mode.
Black and white
The HP Laserjet Pro M402n is a monochrome printer. You can tap the printing preferences option to print in the black and white mode. Once you set the print mode, make sure that you enter the OK option.
In order to get quality printing results, you can use a high dots-per-inch (dpi) resolution but it may take longer to print. If necessary, you can change the resolution settings to a lower dpi setting.
Go to Wi-Fi settings, then select the printer model from the list of networks. It is advisable to ensure that both the printer and the mobile device are connected to the same wireless network. On your Apple devices, print easily using the AirPrint feature. Open the document or the image that you want to print, then select the Options icon and then tap Print. If necessary, alter the print settings and then tap print to print the document. This mobile printing solution includes features such as automatic media selection, easy discovery and enterprise-class finishing options. You need to follow the on-screen instructions to set up the feature. You only have to follow the on-screen instructions to set up the ePrint feature and then easily print documents attached to email messages sent to the device. The HP Laserjet Pro m402n printers come with a custom e-mail address so that documents can be sent directly to the printer from any device that supports e-mail, such as an iPad or a smartphone. Printing becomes an easy task when you can send a print job from any device, anywhere in the world to your printer at home. Using Cloud Print, print documents and photos securely to your 123.hp.com/ljprom402n printer from any mobile or network-connected device.
Replace the toner catridge
Step 1: To replace the cartridge
To replace the cartridge, you need to open the front door, then hold the blue handle on the toner cartridge drawer and then carefully pull it out. Now, you can move on to the next step.
Step 2: To remove the unwanted wrap
Carefully grasp the handle on the toner cartridge and remove the new toner cartridge package from the box. Discard the plastic wrap and then pull the release tab on the packaging to remove it.
Step 3: To insert the cartridge
Carefully rock the toner back and forth to evenly distribute the toner and then place the new toner into the drawer. Ascertain that the color chip on the cartridge matches the color chip on the drawer.
Step 4: To secure the cartridge
Push the toner cartridge drawer into the HP Laserjet Pro M402N printer, then close the front door to secure the cartridge and also ascertain that the cartridge is inserted properly. You can now try printing a test page.
You may find this error message when the printer is turned on with a paper jam, or a torn piece of paper remains in the printer blocking a sensor. Also, there is a possibility that the paper might have torn when a jam was removed. Carefully clear any jammed paper from Tray 1 and Tray 2. In case you find that the paper is not visible, look inside the printer and behind the tray. If you still view any paper jam message, reach our technical support on the Toll-free to perform additional troubleshooting steps.
To obtain a good quality print, use genuine HP ink cartridges. You can use an automated tool to resolve this issue if you find that there are smears of ink on the back of your printout. Place the paper print side down in the input tray and make sure that you do not use wrinkled or curled paper. Check the print settings to ascertain that they are appropriate for your print job. Examine the estimated ink levels by tapping the Ink icon on the printer’s control panel and replace any low or empty ink cartridges, if necessary.
Clear paper jam error
Check if there is any jammed paper inside the HP Laserjet Pro M402N printer using a flashlight and then load the tray with the correct size of paper. Also, select the correct paper size and type are set on the printer’s control panel. Adjust the paper guides in the tray correctly and ensure that the arrow on the tray guide lines up exactly with the marking on the tray. Check if the humidity in the room is within the given specifications and then clean the rollers with a lint-free cloth dampened with warm water. In case the issue persists, replace the tray rollers.