HP Officejet 250 Wireless Setup
How to connect HP Officejet 250 to Wireless
- Before you begin, make sure the router is working properly.
- Open the HP Printer software on your computer.
- Select Tool and click Device Setup & Software.
- Choose Convert a USB Connected Printer to HP Officejet 250 Wireless Setup.
- The printer and computer you use need to be linked to the same network.
- Tap Setup on the printer’s display panel and choose Wireless Settings.
- Now select HP Officejet 250 Wireless Setup Wizard or Wi-Fi Protected Setup.
- Perform the steps on the display panel to complete the setup.
How to connect HP Officejet 250 to Computer
- Use an Ethernet cable to establish a connection between your printer and computer.
- Attach one end of the Ethernet cable into the Ethernet port at the back of the printer and the other end is linked to the port on your computer.
- Click Start on your computer and select Control Panel.
- Choose Hardware and Sound -> Add a Printer -> Add a Local Printer.
- Now select HP from the Manufacturer’s section and select the model.
- Open the HP Print Software on your computer and click Print a test page.
- This confirms the connection.
HP Officejet 250 Wi-Fi Direct setup
Wi-Fi direct setup lets you print from your smartphone, tablet, or any wireless capable device without having to link to a wireless network.
- Ascertain that the latest version of the printer software is installed on your computer. If you are using a smartphone, make sure to install the latest version of the HP Smart app.
- Swipe up on the 123.hp.com/oj250 printer display to open the Dashboard and select Wi-Fi Direct. Five devices can be linked to the same printer.
- However, Wi-Fi direct can’t be used to connect your computer, mobile or printer to the internet.
- Enter the Wi-Fi password when prompted and complete the setup.
HP Officejet 250 USB Connection
Use the USB cable that comes in the package to establish a USB connection. Carry forward the steps given below to commence the USB connection.
- Install a compatible printer driver on your computer.
- Go with the instructions given by the installer.
- Select USB when the Choose a Connection Type window opens.
- The computer will prompt you to establish a USB connection.
- Now attach the square end of the cable at the rear of the printer.
- Join the rectangular end of the USB cable to the port with the horizontal trident symbol on your computer.
- The system detects the 123.hp.com/oj250 printer and the connection is complete.