Issues: HP Officejet 3835 Troubleshooting
HP OfficeJet 3835 cartridge problem
Depleted ink cartridges and improper insertion of the cartridges leads to ink cartridges on HP OfficeJet 3835 troubleshooting problem and an error message Cartridges Missing appears on the printer screen.
- Check the ink levels on both black and color ink cartridges.
- Replace the empty cartridges with new and genuine ones.
- If a single cartridge runs dry, make sure to replace both cartridges.
- Check if the printer is set to print in single-cartridge mode.
- If yes, disable the mode and check if the error is fixed.
Try Uninstalling & Re-installing the HP OfficeJet 3835 Printer Driver.
- Disconnect the printer from the network/USB connection.
- Access the Programs and Features menu on the laptop.
- Double-click on the currently installed HP printer from the list.
- Select the Uninstall option between Uninstall & Update.
- Click the OK icon once the User Account Control message appears.
- Go with the on-screen prompts to finish the driver removal process.
- Restart the computer after the uninstallation is completed.
- Reconnect the printer to the laptop through a USB cable.
- Use Windows Update feature to install the latest version of the drivers.
Check for ink smears on the recently printed documents.
- Use HP’s automated tool to fix the HP OfficeJet 3835 troubleshooting issue.
- Load the printer’s input tray with a blank paper.
- On the printer’s control panel, tap the Setup icon.
- Select the Tools option from the list displayed next.
- Scroll the screen up & tap the Clean Page Smears option.
- A blank page feeds from the printer slowly.
- Try to print after the blank page ejects completely.
HP OfficeJet 3835 doesn’t print in color
Problems in the tricolor ink cartridge and changes in the print settings under the printer driver leads to doesn’t print in color HP OfficeJet 3835 troubleshooting issue.
- Try cleaning the ink nozzle of the tricolor ink cartridge with a cloth.
- Take the color ink cartridge out of its slot by pushing it downwards.
- Check the ink level and ensure that the level is above the standard marking.
- If the level is low, replace the old cartridge with a new genuine one.
- Make sure to remove the protective tape from the cartridge.
HP OfficeJet 3835 Paper Jam
Using inappropriate papers, curled papers/wrinkled papers, torn pieces of papers stuck inside the printer arises due to paper jam error.
- Close all the print jobs and power off the printer.
- Detach all the removable parts from the printer.
- Check inside the printer and remove torn paper bits.
- Reload the paper tray with a proper paper stack.
- Reset the cartridge assembly and clean the roller.
HP OfficeJet 3835 printing blank pages
Usage of non-HP papers for printing, empty ink cartridges, & paper jam error may lead to Printing Blank Pages problem. Follow the quick steps below to fix the error.
- Refer to the manual to learn about the supported paper types.
- Ensure that the ink cartridges are full and inserted properly.
- Do not use non-HP/refilled ink cartridges as it leads to hardware failure.
- If paper jam error occurs, remove and reload the paper stack.
- Make sure to clean the printheads on a regular interval.
Make sure you use appropriate papers for your print job.
- Make sure to load papers with the print side facing down.
- The non-print side has an HP logo on it and the print side is smooth.
- Do not use curled or wrinkled papers into the tray.
- Use only clean and wrinkle-free plain or photo papers.
- Make sure to use papers that are manufactured under ColorLok technology.
- Use HP Advanced Photo Paper for printing high-contrast graphics.
- Store the photo papers in its original packing inside a reliable plastic bag.
- Ensure that the papers are stored in a cool and dry place.
Check whether the print settings are set correctly.
- Verify the print settings under the printer driver to ensure that they are correctly set for your print job.
- Open a doc on your computer, click the File menu, and select the Print option from the drop-down menu.
- Open the Properties dialog box under the Print window.
- Set the Print settings with reference to the printer’s manual.
- After sorting, click Apply/OK and then click Print.
- Check if the doc prints with respect to the current settings.