Quick Solutions HP Officejet 5255 troubleshooting
why is my HP OfficeJet 5255 printer offline
- If you are connected wirelessly, ensure that the router’s connection is active.
- Download and install HP Print and Scan Doctor on your computer.
- Run the tool and diagnose the printer offline issue.
- If prompted to perform system updates, select Turn on printer updates and then choose Yes.
- Make your printer as default if prompted.
- You can also use other third-party apps to diagnose and resolve the offline issue.
Why is HP OfficeJet 5255 printer not printing black ink & Color Ink
- Access the cartridge area of the printer by opening the access door.
- Inspect the cartridge area to check for paper jams and remove the bits of paper stuck inside.
- Place your finger over that cartridge and check if anyone is uneven.
- If so, remove and re-seat the cartridge properly.
- Check the ink level of the cartridge and replace the back ink cartridge if required.
- Clean page smears using the suitable option on the printer’s control panel.
Solution for HP OfficeJet 5255 Paper Jam Issue
- Use a flashlight and look for jammed bits of paper in the input tray of your Envy 5525 printer.
- Remove them carefully.
- Open the cartridge access door, inspect the carriage, rollers, and other components for paper bits and remove them.
- Also, look into the document feeder and other areas for stuck paper and discard them.
- Remove the rear access panel of the printer, look for jammed paper, and remove them.
Why is HP OfficeJet 5255 Won’t Scan
- Check if the scanner laser is working properly.
- If not, replace the laser by visiting an authorized store.
- Open the scanner lid and inspect the glass for cracks.
- Even a small crack can hamper the scanning process of your device.
- Check if the printer firmware is up to date, if not, update it.
- Most scan issues can be sorted out after performing a 123.hp.com/oj5252 printer reset.
- So, refer to the how to factory reset my Envy 5255 printer section to learn more.