HP OfficeJet 5258 troubleshooting
HP OfficeJet 5258 Printer Offline
- If you are connected wirelessly, ensure that the router’s connection is active.
- Download and install HP Print and Scan Doctor on your computer.
- Run the tool and diagnose the printer offline issue.
- If prompted to perform system updates, select Turn on printer updates and then choose Yes.
- Make your printer as default if prompted.
- You can also use other third-party apps to diagnose and resolve the offline issue.
HP OfficeJet 5255 printer not printing black ink & Color Ink
- Replace the ink cartridges if they are low on ink.
- Do not use non-HP ink cartridges for your printer.
- Always use genuine HP ink cartridges compatible with your printer.
- Ensure that the ink cartridges are inserted into the designated ink slots.
- Review the print settings under the installed printer driver.
- Make sure to clean the ink nozzles on a regular basis.
- It is not advisable to refill the ink cartridges on your own.
Solution for HP OfficeJet 5255 Paper Jam Issue
- Deactivate the printer’s power and network/USB connections.
- Tap the Cancel or Stop icon on the printer for fifteen seconds.
- Wait for a while and the papers start to roll out from inside of the printer.
- Check if the issue is resolved, else, manually remove the jammed papers.
- Remove the papers from the jammed area and clear the bits of torn paper pieces.
- Reload the input tray, print a test copy, and check if the issue is rectified.
HP OfficeJet 5255 Won’t Scan
- Get the HP Scan Extended software on your laptop.
- Double-click the software and select the Allow Once Option.
- Click Yes on the pop-up window and wait until the software installs.
- Go to the Start menu and then navigate to the All Programs menu.
- Select HP > HP Scan Extended > Run “HP Scan Extended”.
- Click the + sign to expand the Scan tab on the upcoming screen.
- Customize the scan settings and then quit the menu.