HP OfficeJet 5258 wireless setup | Simple Guide
A wireless-enabled printer can be set up for wireless communication directly from its control panel. Most multi-functional printers, including HP OfficeJet 5258, support the wireless connectivity type. You can set up this printer over a wireless network using WPS (PUSH or PIN), Wi-Fi Setup Wizard, the HP Smart app, and the Wi-Fi Direct method (without a router). All these methods are pretty easy to perform. However, there are chances for you to encounter an issue if the printer, wireless router, and computer (to which you wish to connect the printer) are not prepared for the same. You can confirm that the devices are prepared for Wi-Fi setup by ensuring the following:
- The HP OfficeJet 5258 printer is turned on and placed closer to your wireless router.
- The wireless router (that you’re using for Wi-Fi setup) is turned on and connected to a stable internet connection.
- The computer is not connected to the printer using the USB cable.
- The most compatible and latest HP OfficeJet 5259 printer driver for Windows or Mac is downloaded and ready to use.
- The smartphone, Mac, or Windows computer (on which you wish to install the printer) is connected to the internet.
- Do you want to know the detailed steps on how to perform the HP OfficeJet 5258 setup? If yes, click here.
Now, we can see how to perform the Wi-Fi setup on your HP OfficeJet 5258 printer.
How To Connect HP OfficeJet 5258 Printer To Wireless – 10 Steps
The following section shows how to connect your HP OfficeJet 5258 printer to Wi-Fi using the Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) and Wi-Fi Setup Wizard methods. Read the entire section and select the method that you find easy to perform.
- Tap the Wi-Fi icon on your printer’s home screen to begin the HP OfficeJet 5258 Wi-Fi setup.
- Touch the Settings (it looks like a gear icon) option on the opened screen.
- The Wi-Fi Settings screen will open. Here, check if the Wi-Fi feature is enabled. If not, enable it.
- After that, choose the Wi-Fi Setup Wizard option if you want to connect your HP OfficeJet printer to Wi-Fi manually.
- Wait for a while, and the printer displays a list of available networks.
- Tap the desired network with which you want to associate the printer.
- Type the network’s password if prompted.
- Choose the Wi-Fi Protected Setup option instead of the Wi-Fi Setup Wizard if you want to connect your OfficeJet 5258 printer to Wi-Fi with a single press or using the WPS PIN.
- After connecting the printer to Wi-Fi, set it up on your computer using Auto Wireless Connect or using the printer’s software.
HP OfficeJet 5258 Mobile Printing
The HP OfficeJet 5258 printer embeds dynamic mobile printing functionalities. You can initiate the print operation from your Android, iOS, and Windows 8 device using Apple AirPrint, HP ePrint, Wi-Fi Direct, and the HP Smart app.
HP OfficeJet 5258 Cloudprint Setup
- Google Cloud Print is no longer available. If you want to set up and use the printer from your hand-held device, use the mobile printing apps and features recommended by HP printer manufacturers.
- For iOS, you can use the Apple AirPrint feature, the HP Smart app, and Wi-Fi Direct to set up and use the printer.
- For Android, use the HP ePrint feature, Wi-Fi Direct, and the HP Smart app to use the printer for printing, scanning, etc.
- The HP OfficeJet 5258 printer must be set up correctly on your smartphone to use it for printing and other printer-related needs using the features mentioned above.
- Connect the smartphone and your printer to the same network.
- Enable the Wi-Fi Direct feature on your printer and connect the smartphone to it using the printer’s Wi-Fi Direct credentials if you wish to use Wi-Fi Direct.
- You can enable the Wi-Fi Direct feature on your printer in three simple taps.
- #1 Tap the Wi-Fi Direct icon on your printer’s home screen.
- #2 Tap Settings.
- #3 Tap the toggle button beside the Wi-Fi Direct option on the opened screen.
- The printer’s Wi-Fi Direct credentials will be displayed on the screen as soon as the Wi-Fi Direct feature is enabled on it.
- Install the HP Smart app from App Store, Google Play Store, or Microsoft Store if you wish to use the HP Smart app.
Want To Learn More?
As you can see, setting up the HP OfficeJet 5258 printer for wireless communication is not that hard to perform. You can set up any wireless-enabled printer on a wireless network if you have an idea about the network settings, basic knowledge about your printer settings, and a stable internet connection. We hope that this article was useful! Contact us if you want real-time assistance in performing the HP OfficeJet 5258 Wi-Fi setup. You can reach us now by clicking the toll-free button provided on this page.