HP Officejet 5740 Wireless Setup
Ascertain that before you print or scan to your printer from a computer through a HP Officejet 5740 Wireless network, the printer is connected to the network. Follow the guidelines given below to setup your printer on the wireless network.
- Step 1: Collect the network name and password and make sure that the computer and printer are prepared for the installation.
- Step 2: Verify if your computer is compatible to be connected to the wireless network and if it has an internet access.
- Step 3: Verify if your computer is compatible to be connected to the wireless network and if it has an internet access.
- Step 4: You can use the printer’s built-in Wireless Setup Wizard to open or search for the 123.hp.com/oj5740 printer folder in the list of installed software programs.
- Step 5: Find out the network name and password with the help of an app that is compatible with the OS to configure the wireless network.
- Step 6: Switch on the 123.hp.com/setup 5740 printer and then follow the instructions on the control panel to connect the printer to the wireless network.
- Step 7: Opt for the full-feature software and choose a suitable method to locate your printer model. Navigate the site to go to the download page.
- Step 8: Select Download next to the full feature driver or tap Basic Drivers for other driver options. Also, you can download the latest driver for your OS from our website.
We have listed few methods by which you can connect the printer to any one of the wireless networks:
step 1 : HP Auto Wireless Connect
This method offers an advantage to connect your printer to the wireless network. Moreover, you need not connect any cables or enter your wireless network settings such as the network name or password. Install the software by following the on-screen instructions.
step 2 : WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup)
They push button and PIN method are the two WPS methods. For instructions on starting WPS on your printer, refer the printer manual. Check which WPS method is compatible with both your printer and wireless router. The network must use either WPA or WPA2 security.
step 3 : HP Officejet 5740 Wireless Setup Wizard
Ascertain that you know your network name and your security password. On tapping Wireless Setup Wizard, you will notice a list of wireless networks in the area. Follow the instructions and HP Officejet 5740 Setup the network.
step 4 :USB setup of wireless (Products without display)
During the printer software installation, the printers without a touch display can use this wireless setup method. Only when prompted by the software, connect and disconnect the cable. Follow the on-screen instructions that may guide you to configure your printer’s wireless connection.