HP Officejet 7612 Scan Setup
The initial steps to be followed when HP Officejet 7612 Scan and scanning a document or photo are given below.
- Step 1: Switch on the 123.hp.com/oj7612 printer and then load the paper. You can load a single photo or a single document page into the scanner with the print side up and the edge of the paper straight.
- Step 2: In order to prevent paper jams and poor print quality, ensure that you do not load originals into the scanner that are too thick or stiff to bend in half without creasing the original.
- Step 3: On loading the original into the scanner, you will notice that the printer pulls it partially into the 123 HP OJ7612 Scanner and the scan light brightens. Take out the original and then load it into the scanner again.
123 HP OJ7612 Scan Setup in Windows
- Step 1: Choose your operating system for steps to complete the scan using HP Scan in Windows. You can change scan quality and color settings, attach scans to email messages, set a destination folder to save scans to and more.
- Step 2: Now, search Windows for HP Officejet 7612 Scan and then tap HP Scan in the list of results. Select one of the shortcuts and then change any of the default settings in the drop-down menu.
- Step 3: Choose Show scan preview or Show Viewer After Scan to preview and make additional edits to the scan before saving it. Tap Advanced Settings or More to change settings such as quality, color and default scan destination folder.
- Step 4: Select Scan. If you notice that the printer does not pull in the original after you select Scan, press the Cancel button and then repeat these steps. You will notice that the printer scans the item.
- Step 5: Now, the scan preview window opens on the computer. Double-click the thumbnail image of the scanned item and then change any additional settings, if necessary. Tap Save, change the file name if necessary and then tap Save.
123 HP OJ7612 Scan Setup in OS X
- Step 1: You need to check if the HP Officejet 7612 Scan software is installed or available for your version of OS X and then read the steps to scan, edit and save the scanned documents or photos.
- Step 2: Now, open Finder, then tap Go in the top menu bar and then select Applications. Ensure that you double-click the HP folder, then find HP Scan in the list and then install the driver.
- Step 3: In order to scan a document or photo, tap Scan in the HP Scan window. Tap the printer name in the Scanner menu and then select a scan job type from the Presets menu.
- Step 4: Tap the down to view and change scan color, orientation and quality settings. Tap the arrow button to display scan settings and then tap Continue. In case the HP Officejet 7612 printer does not pull in the original, select the Cancel button.
- Step 5: Tap Scan Next Item or Add to scan additional items, or select Done. Tap Send to save a scan to a folder and use the Where menu to select a folder to save the scan to.