HP Officejet 8040 Wireless Setup
It is suggested to connect the printer over the wireless network as it is not required to link the printer to the devices using the cables.Initially,examine whether the printer is compatible with the HP Officejet 8040 Wireless connection.
- Step 1: Ensure that prior to installing the printer for the wireless network,organize the name of the network and password.Switch on the HP Officejet 8040 printer,router and system.
- Step 2: After organizing the prerequisites,make sure that the system is linked to the wireless network with an active Internet connection.Detach the USB cable from the printer.
- Step 3: After switching on all the devices,ascertain that the printer and system are linked to the single wireless network. Place all the network enabled devices within the range of the router.
- Step 4: To connect the printer over the wireless network,make use of the HP OJ8040 Wireless Setup Wizard which is one of the easiest methods of configuring and managing the wireless connection.
- Step 5: Switch on the HP Officejet 8040 printer.In case your printer has a touch screen control panel,tap the Wireless icon on the control panel of the printer to screen the Wireless Summary.
- Step 6: On the Wireless Summary Screen,tap Settings and then tap the Wireless Setup Wizard icon.Trail the on-screen instructions to link the printer to the Wireless network.
- Step 7: Once you are done with the HP Officejet 8040 Wireless setup process,you need to accomplish the wireless network connection setup with the help of driver installation.
- Step 8: Visit our website ,key in the printer model and operating system version.Now ,download the driver that supports the printer model and OS version.
123.hp.com/oj8040 – Wireless Network Setup
Following are the methods by which you can connect the printer to any one of the wireless networks
123 HP Auto Wireless Connect
Use the HP Auto Wireless Connect technology that permits you to link the printer to the wireless network.It is not necessary to link the printer to the network using the cables or key in the name of the network and password to connect the printer over the wireless network. Use this option while installing the printer driver.
WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup)
To connect the printer using Wi-Fi Protected Setup,you can utilize any of the two modes to link the devices. One mode is Push button and other mode is PIN mode.For Push mode,you need to press the push button on the wireless router for connection process. For PIN mode,key in the 4 -digit PIN number to configure for Wireless connection.
HP OJ 8040 Wireless Setup Wizard
Make use of the Wireless Setup Wizard to connect the printer over the wireless network.On the control panel of the printer,navigate to the Network Menu->Settings->Wireless Setup Wizard to display the list of available networks and then key in network name and password to link the printer over the wireless network.
USB setup of wireless (Products without display)
For the printers without the touch display,utilize the HP Officejet 8040 Wireless Setup method at the time of printer’s software installation process.At the time of setup process, detach the USB cable between the printer and the system. Disconnect it, when the software instructs to do so and then trail the instructions for connection process.
123-hp.chat website is a third-party independent service provider for technical assistance for many major brands of hardware, software and other peripherals. The brand names, images, trademarks, product and services of third parties and others on this website are only for reference and to furnish information.