HP OfficeJet 8702 Wireless Setup
- Turn on your HP OfficeJet 8702 printer and open the Control Panel settings. Locate the Wireless/Network Settings menu and tap on it.
- Swipe the screen down and touch the HP OfficeJet 8702 wireless setup Wizard menu. Wait for a while and the Setup Wizard turns on the printer’s Wi-Fi.
- After a while, the Wi-Fi starts searching the available networks. Power up your router and link your smartphone to it.
- Test the signal strength and the internet connection speed. Confirm if the internet connection is active and uninterrupted. Disable all the other wireless networks that are within the printer’s range.
- The printer’s Wi-Fi associates with your wireless router if the auto-connect mode is active. In case the auto-connect feature is disabled, set the network manually. You can also switch among networks on the printer’s control panel.
- Get the network password from the router’s control panel in case the wireless network is encrypted with a password.
- Enter the password on the keypad and tap OK. The 123.hp.com/oj8702 printer displays a status message Connection is Successful.
HP OfficeJet 8702 Auto Wireless Connect
HP Auto Wireless Connect technology allows the HP OfficeJet 8702 printer to connect to a wireless router automatically. The HP Auto Wireless Connect software is pre-installed in the printer’s operating system. To use this feature, the computer and the network configuration you use should meet the following requirements:
- If it is a Windows computer, the OS version should be Windows Vista or later.
- If it is a Mac device, the operating system version should be OSX 10.5 or later.
- The bandwidth frequency of the router should be 802.11 b/g/n.
- The IP address should be a dynamic one and not static.
- During the driver installation process , the system notifies to use the HP Auto Wireless Connect function as the connection medium to set up the wireless network connection.
- Select the Yes! Send my wireless settings to the printer option and click the OK button. If the wireless network configurations does not meet the requirements of the HP Auto Wireless Connect software, an alternate HP OfficeJet 8702 wireless setup method displays on the computer’s screen.
- Before setting up the printer through Auto Wireless Connect, make sure to save your progress because, the printer restarts after the software installation.
- Once the entire process gets over, you can connect to the wireless network directly without typing the network name and password.
How to Connect HP OfficeJet 8702 to Wi-Fi
- Use the HP OfficeJet 8702 printer’s power cable to associate it with a wall power source. Long press the Power button on top of the printer to turn it on. Go to the Wireless Settings menu under the Control Panel settings of your printer.
- Expand the Wireless tab and slide the toggle switch on top of the screen to enable the Wireless function.
- The Wireless light on the printer blinks indicating that the printer is initializing a network connection.
- Power on your network router and make sure to connect it to a HP Officejet 8702 Wireless Setup Access Point that has an active and uninterrupted internet connection.
- Place the printer within the router’s coverage. If the auto-connect mode on your printer is turned on, the printer’s Wi-Fi connects to the wireless router automatically.
- In case auto-connect is disabled, a list of devices that are available displays on the printer’s LED.
- Select the desired wireless network manually and allow the 123.hp.com/setup 8702 printer to connect it to the router.
HP OfficeJet 8702 Bluetooth
- Bridge the HP OfficeJet 8702 printer to a reliable power source and power it on.
- Go to the Settings menu and turn on the Bluetooth feature.
- Press your computer’s Power button to turn it on.
- Click the Bluetooth icon on your computer.
- Wait until the Connection page displays on-screen.
- Ensure that the Scan nearby devices option is turned on.
- View the list of Bluetooth devices that are available nearby.
- Select the one to which you want to connect the 123.hp.com/setup 8702 printer.
- A 6-digit pairing code displays on the printer’s control panel and the computer.
- Ensure that the codes on both the devices match with each other.
- After the Pairing process completes, initiate a print job start printing.