HP officejet 8720 wireless setup
HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 is a wireless printer that can be connected to a network source through the HP Wireless Direct, HP Auto Wireless Connect, built-in Wi-Fi feature, and the Bluetooth function.
- Make sure to install the network drivers before proceeding further.
- Detach the USB cable from the printer if connected previously.
- Power up your router that is connected to a network source.
- Check the internet connection status and signal strength.
- Turn on the Wireless feature on the HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 printer.
- Wait for a while and the 123.hp.com/ojpro8720 printer displays a list of available networks.
- Tap the desired network with which you want to associate the printer.
- Enable the Wi-Fi option on your computer or laptop.
- Make sure to link it to the same network to which the printer is connected.
- Choose a document or photo to print and start printing wirelessly.
How To Find HP Officejet Pro 8720 WPS Pin
- The WPS pin for the HP Officejet 8720 wireless connection is inscribed on a sticker at the rear of the router.
- Take note of the password and use it while setting up a wireless connection.
- When you purchase the router, an email is sent as along with an invoice copy that comprises the password.
HP Officejet pro 8720 Wi-Fi Direct Setup
- Go to the Control Panel settings on your OfficeJet printer.
- Access to the Wireless Settings or Network Setup menu.
- Scroll down and select the Wireless Direct option under the menu.
- Slide the toggle switch on top to enable the Wi-Fi Direct app.
- Wake the screen on your mobile and open the Settings menu.
- Go to the Wi-Fi menu and turn on the Wireless function.
- Select HP-Print-xx-[HP OfficeJet Pro 8720] from the list.
- Type the security passcode on the printer’s control panel.
- Open the photo you want to print and tap the Share icon.
- Choose your 123.hp.com/ojpro8720 printer model from the list displayed and tap Print.
HP Officejet pro 8720 USB Setup
Install the HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 full feature printer driver package to be benefited with the advanced features of your printer.
Note down the requirements for the USB setup on your Windows computer.
- An HP printer in a ready state.
- A USB cable less than 3 meters in length.
- A USB 3.0 slot on your computer.
Delete the printer drivers that are installed on your computer previously
- Remove the USB cable from the printer’s USB slot, if connected before.
- Do not reconnect it until the printer prompts to do so.
- Click the Start icon on your Windows computer.
- Type Devices in the search box and click the Search icon.
- Single-click the Devices and Printers control panel settings.
- Right-click the icon with your printer model or name.
- Select the Remove Device option from the drop-down tab.
- Make sure to remove all the installed drivers.
Install Drivers and set up the Connection
Download the HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 printer driver using the Download link on our site.
- Click the Download link and observe what happens next.
- If HP Easy Start downloads, continue with the on-screen guidelines.
- Open the downloaded file in HP Easy Start to start the setup process.
- During installation, the system prompts to choose the connection type.
- Select the USB Setup method and proceed further.
- Insert a USB cable to the USB slots on the printer and the computer.
- Initiate a print or copy job and check for connectivity issues.