HP Officejet Pro 6970 Troubleshooting
123.hp.com/ojpro6970 Printhead Problem
Step 1:Reconfigure the HP Officejet Pro 6970 printer
- Use compatible cartridges for the printer to avoid facing any quality issue.
- Switch on the 123.hp.com/ojpro6970 printer,unplug the power cable from the printer’s rear and the electrical socket.
- Halt for a second,attach the power cable to the printer’s hindmost and to the power socket and then turn on it.
Step 2:Take away the ink cartridges
- Take away the ink cartridges and examine the error message for identifying the issue.
- Double-click the printer icon and double-click the Set Preferences option.
- Once the ink cartridge is removed,examine the ink cartridge which causes the HP OJPro 6970 Printer issue.
- After examining the ink cartridges,install the ink cartridges into their respective slots .
Step 3:Wipe the ink cartridges slots
- Wiping the ink cartridge contacts and slots using a moisten and clean cloth.Ensure that you do not smear the ink on the ink cartridge.
- In case the printer’s firmware is not in the current version.Download the latest firmware from the website and then install it.
- In case the issue still exists,call our professional experts to solve the HP Officejet Pro 6970 Troubleshooting issue caused by the ink cartridges.
HP Officejet Pro 6970 Printer Offline
Step 1: Examine the connection status
- Look whether the USB cable is firmly connected to the network which may be cause for network failure.
- After examining,reboot the HP Officejet Pro 6970 printer to re-customize all the printer options .
- Once the printer is restarted,examine whether the printer offline problem is solved. If not,continue with the next step.
Step 2: Clear jammed paper from the automatic document feeder
- Examine whether many printer names are displayed,in case exhibited delete all the printer names except the printer that is currently-in-use.
- Choose the HP Officejet Pro 6970 printer as default printer.Eliminate and include the printer name to solve the printer offline issue.
- Eliminate the printer name by clicking on the minus sign and include the printer name by pressing the plus sign.
Step 3:Restart the printer
- Press the power button to turn off the printer,halt for a minute and then switch on it.
- Perform all the necessary settings and then try to print the test page again for the printer’s hardware functionality.
- In case the flaws persist,Call to our toll-free regarding the issue and get instant solutions.
Black HP 6970 Ink Not Printing
Step 1:Examine the estimated ink levels
- Use authentic ink cartridges to avoid the printing issues.
- Examine the estimated ink level, in case the ink cartridges are low or empty,substitute with new ink cartridge for the printer.
- Insert the ink cartridges into their corresponding slots and then smoothly press the ink cartridge down until it fixes into place.
Step 2: Ensure that the ink cartridges are seated properly
- Verify the vents on the top of the ink cartridge.In case they are dried out ,the ink cartridges might not function properly.
- In case the vent is dried out,make use a straight pin to smoothly eliminate the excessive ink from the vent.
- Never leave the ink cartridges in open air for more than 30 minutes to prevent the print quality issues.
Step 3:Wipe the printhead
- Wipe the printhead to restore the print quality .Make use of an automated tool from the control panel of the printer to wipe the printhead.
- From the printer’s control panel, tap Setup->Printer Maintenance->Clean Printhead->Continue.
- After test page prints,in case the print quality is not satisfactory ,tap Clean again. In case print quality is satisfactory,end HP Officejet Pro 6970 Troubleshooting.