HP Officejet Pro 6978 Troubleshooting
How to Solve HP Officejet pro 6978 Paper Jam Issue
- Terminate all the print jobs currently occurring on the 123.hp.com/ojpro6978 printer.
- Deactivate the printer’s power and network/USB connections.
- Tap the Cancel /Stop icon on the printer for fifteen seconds.
- Wait for a while and the papers start to roll out from inside of the printer.
- Check if the issue is resolved, else, manually remove the jammed papers.
- Remove the papers from the jammed area and clear the bits of torn paper pieces.
- Reload the input tray, print a test copy, and check if the HP Officejet Pro 6978 troubleshooting issue is rectified.
Why is my HP Officejet Pro 6978 Printer Offline
- Get the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool on your Windows device.
- Identify the HPPSdr.exe file and install the same.
- Click the Start icon on the utility tool’s Welcome page.
- Select the printer for which you have to troubleshoot.
- Continue with the on-screen guidelines and resolve the connection problems.
- Click Fix Printing and wait until the utility tool resolves the issue.
- After that, try connecting the printer to a network source and check if the HP Officejet Pro 6978 troubleshooting issue is resolved.
Why is my HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer not printing black ink
- Replace the ink cartridges if they are low on ink.
- Do not use non-HP ink cartridges for your printer.
- Always use genuine HP ink cartridges compatible with your printer.
- Ensure that the ink cartridges are inserted into the designated ink slots.
- Review the print settings under the installed printer driver.
- Make sure to clean the ink nozzles on a regular basis.
- It is not advisable to refill the ink cartridges on your own.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 Factory Reset
- Take a backup of the information on your printer.
- Go to the Resets menu on your HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 printer.
- Select the Recovery Manager or Device manager tab.
- Touch the Factory Reset option on the upcoming screen.
- The 123.hp.com/ojpro6978 displays a warning message stating Are you sure? Yes, No, or Cancel.
- Tap Yes and the printer displays three types of the factory reset process.
- Touch each option to know about their actions and then choose one.
- Proceed with the on-screen directions to complete the factory reset process.