HP Officejet Pro 6978 Wireless setup
- Ensure that HP Officejet Pro 6978 is wireless-enabled.
- A router connected to a HP Officejet Pro 6978 Wireless Setup Access Point.
- Active internet connection on the WAP.
Enable the Wireless function on the printer’s access panel. Activate the router that is linked to a network source. Configure the 123.hp.com/ojpro6978 printer with the desired network.
How to Connect HP Officejet Pro 6978 to Wireless
- Activate the wireless router and set the network to Open.
- Press the Wi-Fi button on the printer’s access panel.
- Disconnect any USB/Ethernet cable linked to the printer.
- Power up your computer and click on the Start icon.
- Go to the All Programs menu and access the HP folder.
- Double-click on the folder with the name HP DeskJet 3050.
- Click on the Printer icon and the HP printer software wizard opens.
- Left-click on the option titled Printer Setup & Software Selection.
- Continue with the on-screen prompts to connect to the router.
- Click on Finish and the connection will be established successfully.
How to Connect HP Officejet Pro 6978 to Computer
- Ensure that the latest version of the printer driver is installed on your computer.
- Connect the 123.hp.com/setup 6978 printer to an electrical source and power it on.
- Power on your computer and keep it close to the printer.
- Take the USB cable accompanied by the printer or purchase a new one.
- Attach the square end of the USB cable to a USB slot on the printer.
- Plug the rectangle-end to a USB port on your computer.
- The system displays a message stating Installing Device Drivers.
- Wait until the device HP OJPRO 6978 drivers installation is complete.
- Click OK on the upcoming pop-up window.
- Start printing once the connection is successful.