HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 Scan Setup
Link the printer to a reliable wall power source and power it up. Activate your wireless router that is linked to a network source.
- Touch the Wireless icon on the printer’s control panel.
- Bridge the printer’s Wi-Fi to your wireless router.
- Connect the laptop that you use to the same wireless network source.
- Load the scanner with the document to be scanned.
- On the printer’s control panel, tap the scan button.
- A green-colored light passes across the scanner.
- After the scan completes, the scanned copy displays on the laptop’s screen.
- Click the Save option at the bottom to download and save the doc.
- Other scanning functionalities can be performed from the 123.hp.com/ojpro7740 printer. They are Scan to Computer, Scan to email, Scan to a network folder.
How to Scan from HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 printer to Computer
Scan a document and save the scanned copy in PDF format.
- Get the HP Scan Extended software from a trusted site.
- Find the setup file in the Downloads folder and double-click it.
- Select Allow Once on the pop-up window and click Yes.
- Perform the installation process by proceeding with the on-screen directions.
- Search for HP under the Start menu on your Windows computer.
- Locate the HP Scan Extended software and double-click it.
- Select the Run HP Scan Extended option and wait for a while.
- Click the + sign to open the PDF window.
- Turn on the Scan to PDF option and quit the menu.
HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 scan to email
- Use your printer’s email id to share the scanned document.
- Access the Control Panel settings on your HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 printer.
- Go to the Applications menu and tap the Scan to Email option.
- Power up your Apple device and click the Apple icon on the taskbar.
- Locate and click the System Preferences menu from the drop-down list.
- Wait until the Finder menu opens and after it does, click Go on top of the screen.
- Double-click the Image Capture option on the upcoming screen.
- Alter the settings & click Scan. The doc moves to the synchronized email account.