Officejet Pro 7740 Troubleshooting
HP Officejet Pro 7740 Troubleshooting
Why is my HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 Printer Offline
The HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 fails to print and an error message stating Printer Offline appears on the printer screen. The Offline error is due to outdated printer driver or firmware, poor signal strength from the WAP, or changes in the print settings.
- Get the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool on your Windows device.
- Identify the HPPSdr.exe file and install the same.
- Click the Start icon on the utility tool’s Welcome page.
- Select the 123.hp.com/ojpro7740 printer for which you have to troubleshoot.
- Continue with the on-screen guidelines and resolve the connection problems.
- Click Fix Printing and wait until the utility tool resolves the issue.
- After that, try connecting the printer to a network source and check if the HP Officejet Pro 7740 troubleshooting issue is resolved.
Why is my HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 Printer Not printing Black ink & Color Ink
The printer shows an error code along with a message stating “depleted cartridges must be replaced to resume printing.”
- Replace the ink cartridges if they are low on ink.
- Do not use non-HP ink cartridges for your printer.
- Always use genuine HP ink cartridges compatible with your printer.
- Ensure that the ink cartridges are inserted into the designated ink slots.
- Review the print settings under the installed printer driver .
- Make sure to clean the ink nozzles on a regular basis.
- It is not advisable to refill the ink cartridges on your own.
Solution for HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 Paper Jam Issue
Paper Jams occur due to incorrect insertion of paper, damaged rollers, and using inappropriate or low-quality papers.
- Deactivate the printer’s power and network/USB connections.
- Tap the Cancel or Stop icon on the printer for fifteen seconds.
- Wait for a while and the papers start to roll out from inside of the printer.
- Check if the issue is resolved, else, manually remove the jammed papers.
- Remove the papers from the jammed area and clear the bits of torn paper pieces.
- Reload the input tray, print a test copy, and check if the HP Officejet pro 7740 troubleshooting issue is rectified.