HP Officejet Pro 8216 wireless setup
How to Find Officejet pro 8216 WPS Pin
- Find the sticker at the rear of the router and get the WPS pin.
- Search for the email message containing the WPS pin/password.
- Print an information from the printer to know the IP address.
- On the laptop you are using now, type the IP address and press Enter.
- The configuration page of the router opens; also known as EWS page.
- Browse the homepage and select the Configuration or Utility menu.
- Selecting the Advanced menu redirects to a new page & opens a box.
- Click on the Show password option and the WPS password appears.
Mac devices cannot connect to a WPS-enabled network. If that is the case, make use of the Apple AirPort feature to connect the printer.
HP Officejet pro 8216 Wireless Direct Setup
- Power up the HP OfficeJet Pro 8216 printer by linking it to an electrical outlet. From the printer control panel go to the Wireless Settings menu.
- Select the Wireless Direct option by scrolling the screen down.
- Tap the toggle switch to enable the Wi-Fi Direct function.
- A menu with two options On without security and On with security appears.
- Select the On with security option to get the security PIN.
- Go to the General Settings menu on your mobile device.
- Access the Wi-Fi menu and activate the Wireless function.
- Select the option titled HP-Print-xx-[HP OfficeJet Pro] from the list.
Open a photo to print on the mobile and tap the Share icon. Select the Print option and choose the printer model from the list displayed.
HP Officejet pro 8216 USB Setup
Check if a USB cable is accompanied by the printer. If not, purchase a cable from a trusted retailer of size less than three meters.
- Ensure that you have the newest version of the printer driver installed.
- Place the laptop you are using close to the printer.
- Locate the square-end of the USB cable to a USB port at the printer’s rear.
- The other side is a rectangular end that should be plugged into a USB slot on the laptop.
- Wait for a few seconds and check for a notification stating that the connection is successful.
How to connect to HP Officejet pro 8216 to computer
- Power up the printer and go to the Wireless Settings menu from the key panel. Select the Wireless Setup Wizard option which in turn activates the Wi-Fi function.
- Activate the router and ensure that it is linked to a network source.
- Confirm that the internet connection on the network source is active.
- Deactivate all the other wireless networks within the printer’s range.
- Select the desired network by tapping on it on the control panel.
- The printer displays a pop-up stating that the connection is successful.
- The Wireless light on the printer turns from orange to blue color.