HP Officejet Pro 8600 Troubleshooting
HP Officejet pro 8600 won’t print
- The printer will not print if genuine HP cartridges are not used.
- To check compatibility, you need to look at the cartridge’s package for the model number and the HP logo.
- Ascertain to allow automatic servicing to complete.
- Look if the cartridges have encountered errors and look for page smears on the page.
- Also, use a flashlight to check for paper jams.
HP Officejet pro 8600 will not print in Color
- Inspect the ink level of the cartridge if this HP Officejet Pro 8600 troubleshooting issue occurs.
- Select the Ink icon on the display panel of the Officejet 8600 printer.
- Tap View Estimated Ink Levels to view the level of ink.
- Now check the level of ink in the cartridge and replace the one which is low.
- If the ink level of the cartridge is proper, open the access door of the printer and remove the cartridges.
- Check if there are any leaks in the contacts.
HP Officejet pro 8600 Offline
- Go to Settings on your computer & click Devices and Printers.
- Choose Printers and Faxes, select View and click Details.
- Right click on the printer and choose Details.
- Check the connection status, if it is offline, right click on the printer and select Use Printer Online.
- Now try printing a document to verify the connection status.
HP Officejet pro 8600 Won’t connect to WiFi
- Go to Wireless Settings and turn off and turn on the Wireless feature.
- Check the router’s internet connection for its stability.
- If it isn’t stable, contact your ISP for further assistance.
- Push the Reset button at the back of the router.
- Now try re-establishing the wireless connection.
HP Officejet pro 8600 Fax Problems
- Go to settings on the printer’s control panel and check for printer firmware updates.
- Make sure to update the printer firmware.
- Now check if the printer is able to send a fax.
- Check the scanner platen of the printer and replace it if damaged.
- Go to Fax Setup on your printer.
- Switch on Auto Answer and set the number of rings and adjust the answering machine’s message length and clarity.
How to clean HP Officejet pro 8600 Printhead
- Open the access door of the printer and wait for the carriage to come to a halt.
- Uninstall the ink cartridges from the carriage.
- The latch at the side of the carriage needs to be lifted to unlock it.
- Remove the carriage from the printer.
- Use a lint free cloth to clean the printheads.
- Wipe all the regions of the printhead carefully.
- While doing so, make sure not to touch the printhead as it can lead to printing HP Officejet Pro 8600 Troubleshooting issues.
- Once the cleaning process is done, install the carriage inside the printer, and re-install the cartridges as well.