HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 troubleshooting
HP officejet pro 8710 won’t print
- Ascertain that the printer firmware is up to date.
- If not update the firmware using the options given on the printer’s control panel.
- Select Settings -> Firmware update.
- Check the carriage area for any paper jams.
- Remove the paper bits carefully.
- Use a flashlight to verify if the jammed paper is present on the rollers.
- Remove the rollers inside the printer and clean them properly.
- Also, check if the printhead is properly attached. If not, remove and reattach the printhead.
HP officejet pro 8710 offline
- The Offline error on your 123.hp.com/setup 8710 can be easily resolved, check the printer’s connection status for errors.
- On your computer, select the Control Panel option on the Start menu.
- Go to Devices & Printers, right-click on your printer and select Set as default.
- Now click See What’s printing, a window will open.
- Choose Printer at the top right corner of the window and uncheck the boxes Pause Printing and Use Printer Offline.
- If your printer is grayed out, you need to verify whether the printer is linked to your computer by running the troubleshooter.
HP officejet pro 8710 won’t connect to wifi
- Tap the Settings icon on the Officejet 8710 printer’s display panel.
- Select the Wireless icon and turn off and turn on the Wi-Fi feature.
- This will make sure there is no issue with the Wi-Fi of your printer.
- Check if the lights on the router blink properly.
- If not, restart the router.
- You can restart the router if there are any connectivity issues with it.
- Contact your internet service provider (ISP) to resolve most hp officejet pro 8710 troubleshooting issues with the device.
HP officejet pro 8710 will not print in color
- The power button needs to be pressed gently to turn on the printer.
- Open the carriage door and access the cartridge area.
- Wait until the carriage rests in its place.
- Ensure that the cartridges are placed in their respective slot.
- Verify whether the color of the cartridge matches that of the one on the slot.
- If not rearrange the cartridges.
- View the ink levels of each cartridge by selecting the Ink drop icon on the 123.hp.com/ojpro8710 printer’s display.
- If the cartridge is low, replace it.
HP officejet pro 8710 printer not connected
- Inspect the power cable that is connected to the printer.
- If damaged, replace it.
- Shake the cable gently to look for any loose connections.
- Check whether the power button is functioning properly.
- If there is a fax issue, check the cable that is linked to the telephone jack and replace it if required.
- Also, inspect the USB connection if you have linked your printer and computer through a wired connection.
- Check whether the router provides a stable connection. Get in touch with your ISP for assistance.
- If none of the above solutions resolve your hp officejet pro 8710 troubleshooting issue, contact our techies for further assistance.