Officejet Pro 8715 Printer Problems
HP Officejet Pro 8715 Troubleshooting
123.hp.com/ojpro8715 Slow Printing
Step 1: Boot up your printer
- Ascertain that you powered on your printer.
- Halt until your 123.hp.com/ojpro8715 printer is stable and noiseless before you commence.
- With your 123 HP printer powered on, unplug the power cord from the printer’s rear side.
- Unlink the power cord from the wall outlet.Halt for at least 60 seconds.
- Connect the power cord back into the wall outlet.Re-link the power cord to the posterior side of the printer.Switch on the printer.The printer might go through a warm-up phase.
- Try printing a sample document. In case the HP Officejet Pro 8715 Troubleshooting error still persists, go to the next step.
Step 2: Verify the printer driver settings
- Look for printers, and then select Devices and Printer from the list of results.
- Double-click the printer icon and double-click the Set Preferences option.
- Find the paper type information.Ensure Plain Paper is chosen from the Paper type area.
- From the Quality Settings area, make certain that Draft or Normal are selected.
- Select Ok or Apply to verify the changes, shut the printer driver window and then close the Devices and Printers window.
- Attempt to print a test document and photo. If you still face any issue, go to the next step.
Step 3: Un-install and re-install the printer driver
- Unplug the USB cable from the printer and then choose Programs and Features from the list of results.
- From the list of installed programs, choose your printer name and then select Uninstall or Yes.
- Use the guides to complete the software removal.Reboot the system.
- After uninstalling the printer driver, get directed to our website, download the updated printer driver.
- Install it based on the guides displayed on the screen. Try to print a sample document to check your HP OJPro 8715 printer performance.
Step 4: Printer firmware update
- Make certain that the printer is on and liked to the system, either via your network or a USB cable.Check in our website and click Software and Driver Downloads.Choose your operating system.
- Tap on the Firmware option and then choose Download.
- Select Use HP Download and Install Assistant–> Next–> Install now.
- Check if your serial number is displayed in the 123 HP Printer Update window. Once the update is completed, select Ok.If you linked a USB cable for your networked printer, remove the USB driver that was added by Windows.
Step 5: Verify the network status (Wired and Wireless)
- Verify the wireless signal strength by selecting the wireless connection icon.In case the signal strength is low, place the computer, router and printer closer.
- If you connect the printer to the network via an Ethernet cable, ensure that the cable connections are secure.
- Reboot your router by unplugging it, wait for 10 seconds and connect it back in.
123 HP OJPro8715 Paper Jam issue
Step 1: Take off the jammed paper from the printer
- Drag the input tray out, remove any jammed paper carefully inside the input tray.
- Insert the input tray back into the printer. Remove any loose or jammed paper from the ink cartridge access area.
- Raise the ink cartridge access door, move the carriage to the right or left side of your printer, and then remove any jammed paper.
- Close the ink cartridge access door. Re-link the power cord and any other cables to the rear of your 123.hp.com/ojp8715 printer.
Step 2: Clear jammed paper from the automatic document feeder
- Open the ADF cover and take off any jammed paper from the rollers.
- If you have removed all the jammed paper from the printer but the HP Officejet Pro 8715 Troubleshooting issue still exists, go to the next step.
- Ensure that the carriage moves freely across the width of the printer. Power up your printer.
- Lift the HP 8715 ink cartridge access door. Halt until the carriage is stable and hashed before you start.
- With your 123 HP printer powered on, unplug the power cord from the posterior side of the printer.
- Disconnect the power cord from the power source or electrical outlet.
Step 3: Reboot the printer
- Switch on your printer. Wait until the printer is inactive and noiseless before you start.
- With your printer turned on, un-link the power cord from the posterior side of the printer.From the wall outlet, unplug the power cord.Wait for at least 60 seconds. Connect the power cord back into the wall outlet and to the printer’s rear side.
- Power on your 123 HP printer. Stop until the warm-up period finishes and the printer is stable and noiseless before you initiate.
- Attempt to print a sample document. If the error still exists, call our technical support on our toll-free.