HP Officejet Pro 8730 Wireless Setup
The HP Officejet Pro 8730 wireless setup requires you to gather the network credentials of your router.
- Install the HP All in One Printer Remote application on your computer or smartphone and commence the setup.
- Ascertain that the printer firmware is updated.
- Tap Settings on the display panel of your computer and then choose Wireless Settings.
- Ascertain to turn on the Wireless feature and then select Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Select the network name from the list and enter the WPS pin when prompted.
- If your router’s name isn’t listed, choose Enter New Network Name.
- Link your 123.hp.com/ojpro8730 printer and device to the same network.
- Open the AIO remote application and share this printer.
- Select a document and tap Share.
- Now choose your printer from the list of devices and select Print.
How to find Officejet Pro 8730 WPS Pin
- Its simple, just look for a sticker at the rear of the router.
- The WPS pin is displayed on it, note it.
- Ascertain that the router has a WPA or WPA2 password.
- During the connection or software installation process, the computer will prompt you to type the WPS pin.
- Look for the pin which is on the display panel of the printer.
- Do this immediately as the pin disappears after a couple of minutes.
- Type the pin in the tab to conclude the connection.
HP Officejet Pro 8730 Wi-Fi Direct setup
- The Wireless Direct setup on the Officejet pro 8730 printer is provided below.
- Make sure the latest version of HP printer software is installed on your computer. Click Settings on the Start Menu and select Devices.
- Choose Printers & Scanners -> Add a printer or scanner.
- Click Show Wi-Fi Direct Printers, locate the printer with Direct in its name and choose Add Device.
- Make sure your printer is in a ready state if not, push the Power button.
- Choose Add device on the computer and key-in the WPS pin of your 123.hp.com/ojpro8730 printer when prompted.
How to connect HP Officejet Pro 8730 to WiFi
- Tap the Setup button on the printer’s control panel.
- Select Network setup -> Wireless -> HP Officejet Pro 8730 Wireless Setup Wizard.
- The device now searches for nearby networks, choose your network.
- Enter the password and then tap OK.
- Note the details given on the settings screen, select OK, and a Connection successful message gets displayed.
- If your network name isn’t displayed, choose Enter New Network Name.
- Type your network name using the keypad.
- Key in the name of your network properly and tap OK.
- Now enter the password, and the printer gets linked to your network.