HP OfficeJet Pro 8740 Troubleshooting
HP Officejet pro 8740 Won’t Print
The Officjet 8740 printer won’t print issue may occur due to cartridge issues or paper jams.
- Make sure the carriage of the printer moves properly.
- Switch on the printer and check if the carriage moves by producing a sound.
- If not, make sure to replace the carriage.
- Look into the cartridge area to check for leaks.
- If so, replace the cartridges.
- Open the input and output trays, look for jammed paper bits, and remove them.
- Also, open the carriage access door and look for paper bits in the rollers and carriage, remove them.
HP Officejet Pro 8740 offline
The officejet pro 8740 printer offline issue may occur due to a Wi-Fi malfunction or router insatiability.
- Install the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool to complete the connection process of the printer.
- This helps you resolve most connection HP OfficeJet Pro 8740 troubleshooting issues with your printer and perform printing effectively.
- Run the diagnostics option of the tool to overcome the offline issue.
- If this doesn’t work, manually set the printer as default.
- Check the network credentials of the router to make sure the router’s connection is active and stable.
- If not, get in touch with your internet service provider to overcome this HP OfficeJet Pro 8740 troubleshooting issue.
HP Officejet pro 8740 Won’t Connect to WiFi
This is an issue with the Wi-Fi feature of your printer. Perform the prompts below to overcome it.
- Tap the Wireless icon on the display panel of the printer.
- Now turn on and turn off the Wi-Fi feature of your device.
- Check whether the router’s signal is stable.
- In some cases, you may have wrongly entered the network credentials.
- Disconnect from the network, enter the credentials and tap Connect.
- Check if the firmware of the printer is updated, if not update it.
- An outdated firmware may prevent you from connecting to a network.
- Also, place your printer closer to the router and check if the connection is properly established.
HP Officejet Pro 8740 will not Print in Color
The HP Officejet pro 8740 printer not printing in color can be an HP OfficeJet Pro 8740 troubleshooting issue with the printer cartridge. Perform the steps below to resolve this.
- Tap the ink drop icon on the control panel of the Officejet 8740.
- Now select View Estimated Ink Levels.
- Check if the level of the color cartridges is low and replace them if so.
- If the level is at its optimum and the printer fails to print, open the cartridge access door and check if the cartridge is placed in the right slot.
- Else, look into the cartridge and make sure there is no ink leak.
- If so, replace the cartridge that is damaged.
- Also, inspect the cartridge contacts of the color cartridges to make sure they aren’t damaged.
HP Officejet pro 8740 Printer not Connected
Carry forward the steps given below to resolve the printer not connected HP OfficeJet Pro 8740 troubleshooting issue.
- Inspect the power cord of the printer.
- If it is damaged, replace it.
- Shake the two ends of the cartridge to make sure that there is no loose contact in the connection.
- Make sure to disconnect and reconnect the power cable of the printer and check if the printer turns on after the power button is pressed.
- Ascertain that the power button of the device is intact.
- If the printer is linked to the computer via a USB cable.
- Replace the cable if it is damaged.