HP Officejet Pro 8740 Wireless Setup
The Wireless setup of the Officejet pro 8740 printer can be performed by going with the instructions that are given below.
- Swipe down on the printer’s control panel and then tap the Wireless icon.
- Tap Connect to a network and wait for the printer to search for the list of networks.
- You need to select the network name of your router and enter the name and password of the network when prompted.
- Click Connect and wait for a while so that the printer links to the network
- Now navigate to Settings and select it.
- Select Print Reports and choose Wireless Test Report.
- A Wireless network page gets printed, note the credentials of the printer using this report and preserve it for future reference.
How to find Officejet Pro 8740 WPS Pin
- Get the WPS pin on the router.
- Look for a sticker at the rear of the router and note down the WPS pin on the sticker.
- Make sure your router contains a WPA or WPA2 password.
- While the connection or software installation process, the system will prompt you to enter the WPS pin.
- Look for the pin which is on the display panel of your printer.
- Do this quickly as the pin will vanish after a few seconds.
- Enter the pin in the tab to conclude the connection.
HP Officejet Pro 8740 Wi-Fi Direct setup
- Ascertain that your computer is installed with the latest Officejet 8740 driver.
- Your printer needs to be turned on before you commence the HP Officejet Pro 8740 Wireless Setup process.
- Now open the Dashboard of your printer and select the Wi-Fi Direct icon.
- Select Settings and make sure Wi-Fi direct is turned on.
- If not, turn on the feature.
- The printer and computer or mobile need to be linked to the same router.
- Select the document on your computer or mobile and choose a suitable option to print it.
- Pick your printer from the list of available devices.
- Choose the one with direct in its name.
- You printer now prints the document.
How to connect to HP Officejet Pro 8740 to computer
- There are two ways to link your printer and computer.
- One is via wired and the other via wireless.
- The Wired method of connection requires the use of a USB cable.
- The Wireless mode requires a router linked to the same wireless network.
- Before you connect, you need to install the driver on your computer.
- During the installation process, a prompt to select the connection type will be displayed.
- Choose the desired connection type either Wired or Wireless.
- If you choose Wireless, see to it that your printer and computer share the same network.
- Once the connection is complete, choose a file to print.
HP Officejet Pro 8740 USB Printer Setup
The procedure to establish a USB connection between your system and Officejet pro 8740 printer is given below.
- Install the full feature driver on your HP Officejet 8740 printer.
- Ascertain that the printer is turned on.
- Take the USB cable out from the printer box and set it aside.
- Do not connect the cable unless prompted to.
- Run the driver installation on your computer by performing the prompts accordingly.
- Select USB in the Connecting options window.
- In the next window, the installer will prompt you to attach the USB cable.
- Connect the end with a trident symbol to the USB port of your computer.
- Attach the square end of the cable at the printer’s rear.
- The Device gets detected by your computer, and the installation process begins.