[Solved] HP Officejet Pro 9010 Troubleshooting
HP Officejet Pro 9010 Printer Offline
- Download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool to sort out the HP Officejet Pro 9010 Troubleshooting issue.
- DTry to set the currently used printer as the default one.
- In Windows, search for devices and click the Printers and Scanners option from the list.
- Uncheck the box next to the Let Windows manage my default printer option.
- Select the printer name that is similar to the same on the driver settings and then select Manage.
- Choose the Set as Default option under Manage your device.
HP Officejet Pro 9010 Printing Blank pages
- Use genuine ink cartridges that are compatible with the printer model.
- Verify the estimated ink level of the cartridge.
- Place a sufficient amount of paper on the input tray.
- Tap the Setup icon on the printer’s operation panel.
- Select Tools -> OK. Click Estimated Ink Levels ->OK.
- If the ink level is critically low, replace the old ink cartridge with a new one.
- Try to use an automated tool to clean the Printhead.
HP Officejet Pro 9010 Won’t Scan
- If the scanner does not work after updating the OS, try to follow the steps below.
- Check if the Scan app is compatible with the operating system.
- Select the Finder option and click Go.
- Double-click Applications and select Image Capture.
- Choose the printer name from the list and start scanning.
- If the scan issue persists, uninstall the printer software and reinstall it.
- Try to install the driver that is compatible with the OS.
- Reboot the system to fix the HP Officejet Pro 9010 Troubleshooting issue.
HP Officejet Pro 9010 Not Connecting to Wifi
- Ascertain that your 123.hp.com/ojpro9010 printer and system are connected to the same network.
- Never link your printer to a guest network.
- Assign the frequency of the router to 2.4GHz.
- Disable the firewall settings for a while.
- After establishing the network connection, re-enable it.
- Remove all the metal objects between the printer and router.
- Check if the network name is correct.
HP Officejet Pro 9010 Printer Not Found
- If the printer name does not show up after installing the driver, follow the instructions below.
- Reset the print environment of your Mac system.
- Locate the Apple menu on the system and click on it. Choose the System Preferences option.
- Select the Print and Fax or Print and Scan option based on the settings.
- Right-click on the Printers window and choose Reset printing system.
- Click the Reset icon in the confirmation window to start the process.
- Type the Administrator name and password in the respective tabs.
- Click OK to complete the reset process.
HP Officejet Pro 9010 Factory Reset
- Check if the printer is turned off.
- Wait until the printer completes the warm-up process
- Long-press the Power button.
- After a while, press and release the Start Copy Black option two times.
- Now long-press and release the Cancel button three times.
- Refrain from proceeding until the Wi-Fi network status light blinks.