HP Pagewide Pro 577dw Printer
- Print, Scan, Copy and Fax.
- Print speed up to 50ppm.
- Supports Wireless, Ethernet, USB and NFC touch-to-print.
- Fax has a resolution up to 300 dpi.
- Monthly duty cycle up to 80,000 pages.
- Supports duplex printing feature.
- Good print quality and speed.
How to Install
Installing your new HP Pagewide Pro 577dw printer is usually a simple task. You needn’t have to do much more than plug in the printer to your PC, switch on the printer and then let your PC automatically install the printer for you. The automatic install printer method works most of the time but in few cases, you’ll have to use the manual install method to get the printer up and running. Customize the printer settings by following the instructions on the screen. Here are the basic steps you can follow to set up your printer.
- Step 1 : Remove the printer from the box. Discard all the plastic wrap from it and then connect the power cable to the hind side of the printer and electrical socket.
- Step 2 : You need to ensure that it’s turned on and assemble the preferences. Once you complete assembling the preferences, insert the paper in the input tray.
- Step 3 : Now, you need to set up the ink cartridges that had been shipped in the box with the printer to achieve the best print quality.
- Step 4 : Insert the cartridges into their corresponding slots with the color indications on their tops. Place the tri-color cartridge in the left and the black in the right slot.
- Step 5 : In order to locate the Printer settings on your Windows computer, you may find it in the Control Panel. For Mac, it will be in the System Preferences.You can follow the prompts that appear on the screen after looking for the option to Add a printer in the printer’s control panel.
- Step 7 : Now, you can try printing something. For example, to check the status of the printer, you could try printing a test page.
- Step 8 : You may view that a dialog box appears. From the list, you need to locate and choose the new printer and then tap the Print option.You may notice that the page prints. But if it doesn’t work, do reach us for further information and support on the Toll-free
Driver manual download
Once in a while, you may be unable to print even after installing the printer driver. Confused? The problem can be resolved by installing an updated printer driver and software compatible with your PC and HP Pagewide Pro 577dw printer. You can also refer the printer manual for any solutions. Note that the driver file for your Windows computer is in the .exe format and for your Mac computer, .dmg is the format of the driver file. The step-by-step procedure to download the driver for both Mac and Windows is here. Get to know how to install the driver on your PC by following the instructions below.
Do you want to print through ePrint in pagewide pro 577z printer? Almost all printers require a suitable network connection to print. But the printers supporting this feature, come with a custom e-mail address so that documents or photos can be sent directly to the printer from any device that supports e-mail, such as a smartphone or an iPad. You need to check the HP ePrint setup requirements, then turn on Web Services. Once you locate the printer’s email address on the information sheet, you can follow the prompts on the screen to print from this app.
Google cloudPrint setup
Printing becomes a lot simpler when you can send a print job from any device, virtually anywhere in the world to your HP Pagewide Pro 577dw printer at home. From any mobile or network-connected device using this app, you can print documents and photos securely to your HP printer. If you want to print with Google Cloud Print, you need not download any drivers or software from the HP website or Google. Just make sure that you have a Google account and a Google Cloud Print Ready printer. Follow the on-screen instructions and get ready to print.
To print with this app, you need to ascertain that the iOS device and printer are connected to the same Wi-Fi network and that you’re within the network range. You can open the app that you want to print from and to find the print option, tap the share icon and then the Print option. If you are unable to find the print option, it is advisable to check the app’s User Guide or Help section. Now, choose the number of copies or pages you want to print and then tap Print in the upper-right corner. In order to view a print job, double-click the Home button and tap Print Center.
Portrait or Landscape Orientation
The terms portrait and landscape signifies different orientations of the paper that is if it is oriented vertically or horizontally. You can use the two modes to describe both printed pages and digital photos.
Paper Tray or Source
This setting lets you choose the paper type you want to place in the tray. The paper types you select varies based on the paper tray. To pull paper from the main tray, click on the Automatically Select option.
Photo paper type
You need to open the document that you want to print, then tap the print option from the application menu and then select Preferences or Properties. Ensure that you select the appropriate paper for the print job.
Whenever the ink cartridge levels are low or when high-quality prints are not required, use the draft mode. With the fast mode, the print job is completed soon and thus, the amount of ink used is minimized.
Print on both sides
This setting is otherwise known as duplex printing. It includes the option to print with room for binding on the left, right, or neither side.Howover, With this option, you can save the cost per page.
Color or Black and White
With this setting, you can choose either the color or black and white option to use ink from all the cartridges for full-color prints. Use the black and white mode for normal or lower quality black and white prints.
Wireless printer setup
Wireless setup for windows
Do you want to connect your Windows PC to the wireless network? Ensure that you gather the network name and password and then switch on the router, printer and OS. Connect the printer and OS to the same wireless network. Remove any objects between the printer and OS and place it close within the range of the router. Now, click on the Wireless icon, then select Settings and then tap Wireless Setup Wizard. Double-click the driver file in the browser downloads bar and follow the prompts on the screen to complete the connection setup and driver installation.
Wireless setup for MAC
To connect your Mac PC to the wireless network, make sure that you collect the network name and password and then switch on the router, printer and system. Verify that your PC and the HP Pagewide Pro 577dw printer are connected to the same wireless network. Place the printer close to the OS in such a way that it is within the range of the router. Type your printer model, then select the document name in the browser downloads bar and then choose the printer model under the Bonjour list option. Complete the HP Pagewide Pro 577dw printer setup by following the prompts on the screen.
Ink catridge catridge
In order to acquire a good quality print of a document, it is mandatory that you install genuine HP ink cartridges that had been shipped with the printer. Once you set up the printer, it is better to ensure that the cartridges are installed correctly. There is a possibility that you may notice an error message, in case the cartridges are not installed properly during the initial printer setup.The step-by-step procedure given below may help you maintain the HP ink cartridges and ensure consistent print quality.
- Once you switch on the HP Pagewide Pro 577dw printer, open the ink cartridge access door and then take out the ink cartridge from its slot. Check the cartridge for the ink level and then proceed to the next step.
- Unplug any power cords, then remove the battery and ink cartridges and then you need to carefully clean the electrical contacts on ink cartridges and print carriage.
- Now, make sure that you remove the new ink cartridge that was shipped with the printer, then discard all the unwanted packing materials from it and then proceed to the next step.
- You need to carefully hold the ink cartridge so that the ink cartridge contacts face toward your HP 577dw printer and then you can slide the new ink cartridge into its slot.Make sure that you push the cartridge forward until it is placed in the normal position. You can secure the ink cartridges by closing the ink cartridge access door properly.
Ascertain that the printer is on. In case you do not have any indicator light, ascertain that the printer is plugged into an electrical outlet by verifying each end of the power cable. Turn on the printer and ascertain that the power and data cables are connected to both the printer and PC. If the indicator is blinking or is orange, it denotes a printer error, like a paper jam or an issue with the ink cartridge. Follow the steps below to troubleshoot the HP Pagewide Pro 577dw printer issues.
Resolve Jams and paper-feed issues
- You need to verify that there is no jammed paper inside the printer and then load the tray with the correct size of paper for the print job.
- Ascertain that the paper size and type are set correctly on the printer’s control panel and that the paper guides in the tray are adjusted correctly.
- Ensure that the humidity in the room is within the specifications and observe the panel to check if it is displaying a prompt to feed the paper manually.
- Now, mount paper and then clean the rollers with a lint-free cloth dampened with warm water and then examine the rollers for any smooth surface.
- Replace the tray rollers if the issue still persists. For any information and support, you can reach our tech support team on the Toll-free number.
- Make sure that the cartridges are compatible with your printer, they are unmodified, genuine HP cartridges and also that they are inserted correctly.
- Turn on the printer and then open the cartridge access door. Ascertain that the color icon on each cartridge label matches the color icon on the carriage slot.
- If the cartridge does not snap into place or does not seat properly, take out the cartridge from the carriage and then reinsert the cartridge into the carriage.
- Carefully clean the cartridges one at a time and make sure that you do not leave a cartridge outside the printer for more than 30 minutes.
- Clean the cartridge contacts again to resolve the issue. If the issue persists, restart the HP Pagewide Pro 577dw printer. Replace the cartridge if these steps do not resolve the issue.