- 123.hp.com »
- Setup HP Smart Tank 7001 Printer
PROCEDURE FOR HP SMART TANK 7001 SETUP
HP Smart Tank 7001 is an All-in-One printer that uses Thermal InkJet printing technology. It can perform mobile printing, scanning, copying, auto-duplex printing, cloud printing, etc. It has a print speed of up to 9 pages per minute for color and 15 pages per minute for black. The HP Smart Tank 7001 printers areis used in many places to print various color documents of high volume. It is easily connected through Bluetooth, and Wi-Fi. Though it is a wireless printer, it can also be connected to a device through a USB cable. Setting up the HP Smart Tank 7001 printer is essential for its better performance. Let’s see the HP Smart Tank 7001 Setup in the upcoming section.
Set Up Hp Smart Tank 7001 Printer
Unboxing and Initial setup:
The setting up of HP Smart Tank 7001 may be lengthy, but following these steps can bring you the best results. Before starting, check whether the printer box contains a HP Smart Tank 7001 Setup and reference guides, power cable, ink bottles, print heads, regulatory information and limited warranty statement, and the HP Smart Tank 7001 printer.
- Take the printer out of the box.
- Remove the plastic cover and tapes around the printer.
- Lift the scanner lid and remove the styrofoam sheet.
- Open the input tray.
- Open the ink access door from the left, remove the cardboard, and then take out the orange tape from the carriage area.
- Close back the ink access door.
- Plug in one of the ends of the power cable into the rear section of the printerpower cord and the other end into the wall outlet.
- Press the Power buttonon the printer.
- The printer will now power up.
Download the HP Smart app:
- Go to the official HP website page on your computer, or if you are using an Android phone, download the HP Smart app frominto your Google Play Sstore on your mobile.
- On HP Smart, click on Add your First printer.
- The new printer is now set up. Click on Get started.
- Connect the printer to the Wi-Fi and choose Continue.
- Read the instructions and select Continue.
- Click on your HP Smart Tank 7001 series, enter your Wi-Fi password, and choose Continue.
- Press the flashing Information buttonon your printer.
- The HP printer will now be connected to the wireless network. Select Continue.
- Press Accept all in Connected printing services.
- Select your country or region and choose Continue.
- Sign in to your HP account and follow all the upcoming instructions to set up the printer.
- Grab the ink bottles from the pack.
- Remove the flip cap from the bottles.
- Peel off the seal and replace the flip cap into the bottles.
- Lift the ink access door and open the tank cover.
- Remove the tank cap and fill the ink into their respective tanks (Black, Yellow, Magenta, and Cyan).
- Close the tank cap and cover.
- Close the ink access door.
- The iInk tanks are filled successfully.
Install the Printheads:
- Lift the ink access door. The carriage will move to the left.
- Press the blue latch to open the pPrinthead cover.
- Remove the printhead from the packaging.
- Take out the orange cap and protective tape.
- Insert the pPrintheads into their place, and make sure that the electrical contact is facing inwards.
- Close the pPrinthead cover and ink access door.
- The Printheads are HP Smart Tank 7001 Setup and installed successfully.
Paper Loading steps:
- Open the input tray and slide out the guides.
- Load white paper into the tray and adjust the guides.
- Close the paper tray.
- Pull out the output tray extender.
HP SMART TANK 7001 DRIVER DOWNLOAD
The HP Smart Tank 7001 printer driver download is essential for the printer’s betteroptimum performance. You can freely download and install the driver from the HP website.
- On your computer, visit the official HP website.
- Click on Software and Drivers and select Printer.
- Enter HP Smart Tank 7001 printer in the product search bar and click on the Submit option.
- Click on Choose a different OS.
- SelectChoose Windows from the Operating System drop-down menu.
- Select your Windows version from the Version drop-down menu and click Change.
- Click on All drivers.
- Select your required driver and click Download.
HP SMART TANK 7001 DRIVER INSTALL
- On your computer, open My Computer or This PC and open Downloads.
- Double-click on the downloaded printer driver file.
- A pop-up window appears. Select Yes to make changes to your computer.
- Check whether your printer is turned ON, paper is loaded, and cartridges are installed.
- Click Continue.
- Accept the installation agreement and click Next.
- The selected software is installed.
- Select Manual HP Smart Tank 7001 Setup and click Next.
- A connection option wWindows appears., Here, select USB (Wired) or Wireless connection and click Next.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- After the HP Smart Tank 7001 driver installation process is completed, click Finish.
HP SMART TANK 7001 PRINT SETUP
- Make sure your printer is turned on.
- Verify whether the printer and computer are connected to the same wireless network.
- Check whether the paper is loaded and the iInk tanks are filled correctly.
- Ensure that you have installed the HP Ssmart app.
- On your computer, open the document you want to print.
- Go to the File menu and select the Print option.
- Open the Properties or Preferences dialog box.
- Check whether your printer is selected.
- Change the print settings if required and click OK.
- Click Print.
HP SMART TANK 7001 WIRELESS SETUP
Wireless Setup using Router (Wi-Fi Protected Setup):
To connect your HP Smart Tank 7001 printer to your Wi-Fi network using the WPS button on your router, follow the below steps.
- Place your HP Smart Tank 7001 printer near the Wi-Fi router.
- Press and Hold the Wireless and the Power buttons on the printer for three seconds until the blue light flashes.
- Hold down the WPS button oin your router until the connection process begins.
- Wait for the wireless light to stop flashing.
- The HP Smart Tank 7001 printer is now connected to the network.
HP SMART TANK 7001 TROUBLESHOOTING
Apart from its features, the HP itSmart Tank 7001 printer also has some of the issues occurring during printing like printer not working, paper jam, poor print quality, scanning, and connectivity issues. On this page, we will see the HP Smart Tank 7001 troubleshooting methods.
HP SMART TANK 7001 BLINKING LIGHTS AND ERROR CODES
Power button blinking:
The Power button blinks if the printer turns on or off; maybe the job is it means that the printer is processing the current job. To cancel the job, press the Cancel button.
Power button blinking fasty:
If the iInk access door is open, the button may blink. So close it. If the ink access door is closed, but the light is blinking fastly, the printer is in an error state. Check your printer for an error message or print a page to generate an on-screen message.
Wi-Fi light and Wireless status icon blinking:
If the printer cannot connect to youra Wi-Fi network, the icon blinks. Print the wireless test report and solve the HP Smart Tank 7001 Setup issue. Otherwise, redo the Wi-Fi setup.
HP SMART TANK 7001 HAS A FLICKERING SCANNER
The HP Smart Tank 7001 printer comes up with an error “flickering scanner” when you have an issue with the scan quality.
Use HP Print and Scan Doctor:
If you face any issue in scanning, use HP Print and Scan Doctor to solve it.
- Check whether the paper is loaded into the input tray and turn on the printer.
- On your computer, download HP Print and Scan Doctor.
- Follow the prompts and complete the installation process.
- Double-click on the downloaded file, click Start, and select your HP Smart Tank 7001 printer.
- Follow the HP Smart Tank 7001 Setup instructions and solve the scanning problem.
Clean the Scanner:
- Turn off the printer and disconnect the power cord.
- Lift the scanner lid and spread a soft, lint-free cloth.
- SWwipe the scanner glass with the cloth.
- Finally, connect the power cord and turn on the printer.
- Make sure that the “flickering scanner” issue is resolved. If you still have any further queries regarding HP Smart Tank 7001 setup, call us.