HP Smart Tank Plus 551 Setup
HP Smart Tank Plus 551 Setup
An all-in-one cartridge-free printer, “HP Smart Tank Plus 551,” comes with a supertank. The cost-per-print of this cartridge-free printer is very low, but at the same time, it delivers an outstanding print quality. It is easy to set up and use. This HP Smart Tank Plus 551 Setup page will guide you in unboxing and setting up your printer for the first time.
SMART TANK PLUS 551 FIRST TIME SETUP- Brief Note
Unpack and turn on your printer. Configure the initial settings as per your preferences. Fill the ink tanks and install the print heads. Load paper into the input tray and align the print heads. Finally, install the printer software on your computer to complete the setup process. Continue reading this page to know the HP Smart Tank Plus 551 setup process in detail.
HP Smart Tank Plus 551 Unboxing Setup
Ten quick steps to unbox and set up your HP Smart Tank Plus 551 printer
- Unpack your “551” printer completely.
- Place the unpacked printer on a level surface and connect it to the power outlet using its electrical cable.
- Turn on the printer and configure its initial settings by following the prompts displayed on the screen.
- Now, fill the ink tanks.
- To do so, unpack and open the ink bottles. Open the ink tanks and fill the ink in corresponding tanks. After filling the tanks, close the caps and the ink bottles. (Note: Make sure to store the bottles containing the remaining ink on a cool surface.)
- Install the printheads that shipped with your printer. To do so, open your printer’s front door and the printhead access door. Unpack and install the printheads in their slots and close the doors.
- Raise the input tray and move the guides to the ends. Load a stack of A4, plain, U.S., or any paper type of your preferences from the recommended list in the input tray.
- Open the output tray.
- Now, your printer will start to print the alignment page. Once the page is printed, scan it to complete the alignment process.
- Finally, install the HP Smart Tank Plus 551 printer software on your computer to complete the HP Smart Tank Plus 551 Setup.
HP Smart Tank Plus 551 Driver
The HP Smart Tank Plus 551 printer driver availability may vary based on your OS type. The HP Full Software & Driver package contains almost all the drivers that are required to perform the print or printer-related operation from your computer to the printer. The HP Smart app is available for Android, iOS, Windows 10 and some versions of macOS.
HP Smart Tank Plus 551 Driver Download
- On the official support page of your HP printer, click the Drivers, Software, and Firmware tab followed by the GO button.
- Check to ensure that your OS type is selected correctly.
- Locate and select the driver(s) that you wish to install on your computer.
- Click Download > Agree to EULA and Download.
HP Smart Tank Plus 551 Driver Install
- For the driver: Open the downloaded printer software file on your computer. Accept the user license agreement. Install the necessary software and select the connection type of your preferences. When prompted, connect the printer to your computer. Complete the driver installation and, finally, print a test page.
- For HP Smart app: Open the HP Smart app. If prompted, sign in to your HP account or create a new one. Select and connect your printer to the computer by following the prompts displayed on the screen. Complete the HP Smart Tank Plus 551 Setup by following the prompts displayed on the screen.
HP Smart Tank Plus 551 USB Setup
USB setup with a built-in driver (Windows)
- Initially, make sure that your HP printer and the Windows computer are not connected to the same network over a wireless or wired network. (Note: In case the devices are already connected to the same network, disconnect them.)
- Now, turn on your printer and the computer if they are turned off.
- Connect the printer directly to your Windows computer using the USB cable.
- Wait for the computer to detect your printer. Once it is done, a pop-up message saying “Found new hardware” will appear on the screen. In case the connectivity fails, disconnect and reconnect the printer to your computer.
- Now, open the Printers & Scanners screen.
- Click Add a printer or scanner.
- Choose your HP Smart Tank Plus 551 printer from the printers list and click Add device.
- Set up your printer over a USB connection by following the prompts displayed on the screen.
- In case your printer is not displayed in the Add a printer or scanner window, click “The printer…..want isn’t listed” and select the Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings option. Click Next. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the USB setup.
- Finally, disconnect and reconnect the printer to your computer to finish the USB setup process.
HP Smart Tank Plus 551 Wireless Setup
Wi-Fi setup using the HP printer software (Windows)
- Turn on your HP printer.
- Disconnect the USB or Ethernet cable from your printer if it is connected.
- Gather the network (of which you wish you to use) credentials such as SSID and password.
- Check if your printer is in-network setup mode. If not, restore the printer’s network settings to set it in the network setup mode.
- Connect your Windows computer to the same network to which the HP printer is about to connect.
Setting up your printer over a wireless network
- Open the HP Smart app on your computer.
- Click Tools > Device Setup & Software > Connect a new device > Wireless.
- Connect your printer to the Wi-Fi network and by following the prompts displayed on the screen.
- Install the software to complete the HP Smart Tank Plus 551 Setup.
- Finally, check if the Wi-Fi setup is done by printing or scanning a test page.
HP Smart Tank Plus 551 Print
Printing a document from a Mac computer using the HP Smart app
- Open the HP Smart app.
- Click the Print tab.
- Select the Print Document option.
- Now, a window prompting you to select the document that you wish to print will open.
- After selecting the document, click the Print option.
- Make sure that your HP Smart Tank Plus 551 printer is selected in the Print Properties dialog box.
- Configure the print settings.
- Click More Settings if you wish to access more print settings.
- Finally, click the Print button.
- Now, your printer will start to print the selected document.
HP Smart Tank Plus 551 scan
Scanning using the HP printer software
- Open the printer’s scanner unit.
- Place your original document that you wish to scan on the glass.
- Make sure that the document is placed with its print-side facing down on the glass.
- Now, open the HP printer software on your computer.
- Click Scan > Scan a Document or Photo.
- Choose the scan type as per your preference.
- Click Scan > Save as PDF or Save as JPEG. (Note: If you wish to send the scanned document to an email account, then select the Email as PDF or Email as JPEG option and follow the instructions displayed on the screen.)
- Scan the document by following the rest of the instructions displayed on the screen.
HP Smart Tank Plus 551 Troubleshooting
The below section will help you in troubleshooting the HP Smart Tank Plus 551 printer problems such as “printer not printing” and printer offline. If you need remote assistance or advanced technical support in resolving the same or other HP Smart Tank Plus 551 Setup problems, click the Call button provided on this page.
HP Smart Tank Plus 551 won’t print in Windows 10
If your HP Smart Tank Plus 551 printer is not responding to the print operation from your Windows 10 computer, follow the simple troubleshooting instructions given below to fix it.
- Restart your HP printer and the Windows 10 computer.
- Check if your computer software is up-to-date. If not, update it.
- Similarly, check to make sure that the latest version of the printer driver is installed on your computer.
- Connect the printer and your computer to the same network over a wireless, wired, or USB connection if they are connected to separate networks.
- Remove and re-add your printer.
- Check if the print settings are configured correctly. If not, configure them properly.
HP Smart Tank Plus 551 does not print
- As the first step of troubleshooting the “printer not printing” problem, restart the HP Smart Tank Plus 551 printer.
- Secondly, check if the input tray has enough paper. If not, load paper in the tray and then try to print the selected document.
- Similarly, check if the ink tanks have ink. If not, refill the tanks.
- Check whether any paper or packing material is jammed inside the printer.
- If yes, remove it, and then perform the print operation.
- In the Print Properties dialog box, check if your printer is selected correctly. If not, select it correctly and then print the document.
- Reinstall the printer software if necessary.
HP Smart Tank Plus 551 Offline
- Check whether your HP printer’s Power light is blinking. If not, it means your printer is turned off, and to turn it on, press the Power button on the operational panel.
- Use the HP Smart Diagnose & Fix (Mac) or HP Print & Scan Doctor (Windows) tool to identify the exact cause of the offline problem and fix it.
- Set your HP Smart Tank Plus 551 printer as the default printer on your computer.
- Check to ensure that your printer and the computer are connected to the same network.
- Restart the printer.
- If none of the HP Smart Tank Plus 551 Setup solutions fix the offline problem, reset the printer.
- To do so, turn off your printer completely and disconnect the power cord from it.
- Leave the printer to cool down for a while.
- After waiting for a while, reconnect the cable and turn on your printer.
- Now, print a test document to check whether the offline problem is fixed. If the printer prints the document, it means the offline problem is fixed.
Otherwise, contact us with HP Smart Tank Plus 551 Setup, Driver Install, and troubleshooting.