- 123.hp.com »
- HP Envy Photo 7855 Smart App Setup
Install HP Smart EnvyPhoto 7855
Are you trying to set up your HP Envy Photo 7855 printer? You have arrived at the right place! This page will guide you in setting up your HP Envy Photo 7855 printer using the HP Smart app. HP Envy Photo 7855 is an all-in-one wireless photo printer designed for professionals/people who prefer photo printing the most. This inkjet printer comes with the HP Instant Ink Ready plan and works with voice-activated services like Alexa. Its photo print quality is excellent and offers a good range of connectivity options. Some other highlighting features of the HP Envy Photo 7855 printer are:
- 35-sheet ADF.
- Fax capability.
- Automatic duplex printing.
- Color copy capability.
- Mobile printing capabilities, such as HP ePrint, Apple AirPrint, etc.
- Input tray capacity of up to 125 sheets.
The setup process of this printer is a straightforward method to perform. The step-by-step instructions given below will take you through the process of setting up your HP Envy Photo 7855 printer using the HP Smart app. You can perform this setup process even if you don’t have any experience in setting up a printer in the past.
Setting up the HP Envy Photo printer using the HP Smart app
Initially, prepare your printer for the setup and turn it on. Configure the basic settings. Now, if you wish to use the automatic method (using the app) to set up your printer, install the HP Smart app on your computer. After doing that, open the app and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the rest of the printer’s hardware setup and install the printer on your computer.If you wish to manually set up your printer, finish its hardware setup, and then use the HP Smart app to install the machine on your computer. Continue reading this page to know the HP Envy Photo 7855 printer setup using the HP Smart app in detail.
Preparing the printer for the setup
- Open the product box (if you haven’t done it yet).
- Take the HP Envy Photo 7855 printer and its components out of the box.
- Remove the printer from the plastic cover and Styrofoam pieces.
- Place the printer on a neat surface.
- Remove all the packing tapes and materials from inside and outside the printer.
Turning on the printer
- Get the printer’s power cord that was shipped along with the printer.
- Plug the cord’s one end (which is small) to your printer’s inlet and the other end to the electrical outlet.
- Ensure that the cable is connected securely at the ends.
- Switch on your printer.
- As soon as your printer turns on and becomes stable, the screen prompting you to choose the device language will open.
- Choose the desired language (English, French, etc.) from the list and tap Yes.
- Similarly, configure the other settings by following the prompts displayed on the screen.
Choosing the setup option
- Once you have configured the basic settings, the “Set Up with the App” screen will show up on your printer display.
- If you wish to use the app, tap Info and install the HP Smart app on your computer. Complete the rest of the setup by following the prompts displayed on the app.
- Otherwise, tap the Info button followed by Manual setup > Continue Setup.
Installing the HP Smart app
The HP Smart app will help you to:
- Connect your printer to the wireless network easily.
- Load paper and install the ink cartridges on your printer.
- Create the HP account.
- Print, scan or copy documents or photos from your computer or smartphone.
Before installing the HP Smart app on your computer, ensure that:
- The VPN connection is disabled on your computer.
- The printer is not connected to your computer over a wired or USB connection.
- The laptop or desktop is connected to the same wireless network to which you’re about to connect the printer.
Install the HP Smart app
You can download and install the HP Smart app on your computer from this page. To do so:
- Scroll down the screen and locate the HP Smart app option.
- Click the Download button beside the located option.
- Now, the HP Smart app will start downloading.
- Once the app is downloaded successfully, open and install it on your computer.
Completing the HP Envy Photo 7855 printer setup
- Open the HP Smart app on your computer.
- Ensure that your printer is in Wi-Fi Setup mode.
- Now, click the Add Printer button.
- Sign in or create an HP account when prompted.
- Connect your printer to the wireless network and add it to your computer by following the prompts displayed on the screen.
- After performing these steps successfully, complete the rest of the printer’s hardware setup by following the on-screen instructions if you haven’t done it yet.
- Finally, print a test page to check whether the HP Envy Photo 7855 setup using the HP Smart app is done correctly.
Printing a test page
- Open the HP Smart app if it is closed.
- Ensure that your printer is selected correctly.
- Click the Print Photos or Print Documents tab.
- Choose the document or photo you want to print from your computer.
- Configure the print settings and click Print.
Contact us to know more about setting up the HP Envy Photo 7855 printer using the HP Smart app or Install HP Smart EnvyPhoto 7855.