123 HP Laserjet Pro M521dn Setup
123 HP Laserjet Pro M521dn is an energy star certified printer which can perform printing, scanning, and copying. This is a relatively large printer but setting it up is easy. Begin by unboxing the printer, taking it out of the package, and installing toner cartridges. Perform the setup process by going with the prompts that are given in the topic below
How to Setup HP Laserjet pro m521dn
- Using scissors, cut the tape on the printer package.
- Remove the installation CD, printer booklet, power cord and other materials from the printer.
- Open the flaps and take the printer out.
- Place the 123 HP Laserjet Pro M521dn printer on a flat surface.
- Remove the plastic wrap that covers the device.
- Look for the tape stuck around the printer and remove them.
- Unwind the power cable.
- Connect the plug end of it to a nearby wall outlet.
- Link the other end to the rear of the device.
- After having pushed the power button, the printer switches on.
- Set the Language, Country/Region on the control panel of the printer.
- The device will prompt you to install the cartridges.
- Open the access door of the printer and install the cartridges.
- Tap OK and a test page prints.
HP Laserjet pro m521dn
Driver & Manual Download
Get the driver and manual downloaded from this site.
HP Laserjet pro m521dn Mobile Printing
The 123 HP Laserjet Pro M521dn supports mobile printing. You need a device which supports wireless connectivity. This device supports AirPrint and ePrint. It also lets you print from iPhones and Android devices. Go with the instructions given in the topics below to perform mobile printing.
HP Laserjet pro m521dn Toner Cartridge replacement
- The HP Laserjet pro m521 toner cartridges need to be replaced once they go low or empty.
- The printer needs to remain turned on and remain active.
- Open the front cover of the printer.
- Now remove the toner cartridge as well as the drum assembly unit.
- You need to push the green lock lever and take the old cartridge from the drum unit.
- Unpack the new toner cartridge and take out the protective cover.
- Remove the protective cover.
- The toner cartridge into the drum unit needs to be taken out.
- Make sure a click sound is heard.
- Now place the toner cartridge and drum assembly back into the machine and close the front cover.
- Print an alignment page to complete the replacement process.
How to print on HP Laserjet pro m521dn
- Open the input tray of the laserjet pro m521dn.
- Place a stack of paper into the tray and adjust the paper width guides accordingly.
- Ascertain that they touch the edge of the page.
- Now open the output tray and ascertain that its extender is pulled out.
- Get the latest version of the printer driver needs to be installed on your computer.
- Connect your system and printer together.
- Open the HP Printer Assistant on your computer.
- Choose a document or image to be printed and make the required changes.
- Select the number of copies and click Print.
- The document gets printed.
How to scan from HP Laserjet pro m521dn
Use the HP Scan software on your computer to scan with the 123 HP Laserjet Pro M521dn printer. Choose a scanning shortcut and adjust the settings if required. Place the paper on the scanner platen. Make sure its printed side faces up. Else, load the original into the Automatic Document feeder of your computer. While loading it, make sure the printed side of the original faces up.
How to copy on HP Laserjet pro m521dn
- Load the original into the ADF tray.
- Ensure that the paper is loaded into the input tray.
- Check if the document is loaded properly into the scanner glass.
- Move the guides such that they fit snugly against the paper.
- Make sure to commence the printer setup process.
- Choose the Start copy button to commence copying.
How to fax from HP Laserjet pro m521dn
- Faxing using the HP Laserjet pro m521dn is simple.
- The printer is linked to a telephone line. Use a telephone cable with two wire leads to perform the connection.
- Tap the Setup button on the fax screen and choose Fax Setup.
- Choose the basic setup button and select Rings to Answer.
- Keep the document to be faxed on the scanner platen.
- Tap Fax on the display panel and enter the recipient’s number.
- Select Send Fax and the fax gets transmitted to the recipient.
How to connect HP Laserjet pro m521dn to Computer
- Establishing a connection between the laserjet pro m521dn printer and the computer is essential. Just carry forward the steps below to do the same.
- Install the driver on your computer.
- You will be prompted to select the connection type during installation. Choose either connect to USB or Wirerless when the display prompts you to choose a connection type.
- If USB is chosen, the installer prompts you to connect the cable.
- Insert the square end of the cable to the printer’s rear and the rectangular end to the computer.
- Establish the 123 HP Laserjet Pro M521dn printer connection when prompted.
- Ascertain that the printer and computer are linked to the same network.
How to reset HP Laserjet pro m521dn
- The existing print queue needs to be cleared.
- Now remember the settings that you have previously set on the printer.
- This data gets erased once the printer is reset.
- The printer needs to be turned on.
- Now remove the power cable from it.
- Link the power cord back to the printer after about a minute.
- The 123.hp.com/ljprom521dn printer turns on automatically.
- If it doesn’t, you need to push the power button.
- This completes the reset process.
HP Laserjet Pro m521dn Troubleshooting
The 123 HP Laserjet Pro M521dn troubleshooting steps on this page helps you overcome certain common errors with your printer. The solutions to issues such as printer offline, paper jam error, not printing, not scanning, and paper feed error are provided below. Just perform the operations properly and resolve common issues with your printer.
This site provides information to begin the first time setup on your 123 HP Laserjet Pro M521dn. It also provides instructions to print, scan, fax, copy, get the latest printer driver, install it on your computer. Make sure to get the latest version of the printer driver on your computer by selecting a suitable option on this site. Also, get solutions to overcome issues such as printer offline, paper jam error, not printing, not scanning, and paper feed error on this website. For further assistance, contact our tech support team.