123.hp.com/oj5255 Printer Guidelines
The 123.hp.com/oj5255 printer setup commences with unboxing the printer from its package, taking the packing materials that surround the device, discarding them, and placing the printer on a flat surface. Once you are done unboxing the printer, you need to connect it to your computer either wired or wirelessly.
HP Officejet 5255 First time Printer Setup
- Take the 123.hp.com/setup 5255 out of the package carefully.
- Place it in a location which is close to a wall outlet.
- Remove the Styrofoam sheets and packing materials around the printer.
- Peel off the tags that cover the printer’s scanner lid and access door.
- Lift the scanner lid and remove the styrofoam sheet present on top of the scanner glass.
- Pull the input tray and remove the packing inside.
- Open the access door and remove the packing materials present inside.
- Use the power cable that is in the printer box to connect your printer to a wall outlet.
- Wait until for the printer to remain idle after turning it on.
- Tap OK on the control panel of the printer, to print a test page.
Download HP Officejet 5255 Driver and Manual
Get the 123.hp.com/oj5255 driver and manual downloaded from this site or the manufacturer’s site. You need to get a compatible driver for your computer; else the printer is prone to malfunction. The manual comes in the Pdf format when downloaded, use a suitable application to open the manual.
HP Officejet 5255 Driver
Get the HP Officejet 5255 driver for your computer from this site. If you are using a Windows computer, you need to get a printer driver which is compatible with your system. Click the Driver for Windows button on this site. Select the Driver for Mac button to install the printer driver compatible with your Mac.
HP Officejet 5255 Manual
You can get the manual for your Officejet 5255 printer from the site. Just click on the Manual download button that is given below. It gets downloaded on your computer. View the manual using an application that can read a Pdf file. The manual contains instructions related to the setup and troubleshooting your printer.
How to Download HP Officejet 5255 driver
- Select either the Driver for Mac or Driver for Windows button that is given below.
- A compatible driver will get downloaded according to your operating system; Windows or Mac.
- The driver download speed depends on the size of the installer file and the speed of your internet connection.
- Once the driver file gets downloaded, you can open it by selecting the file in the Downloads bar of your browser.
- Else, you can go to the Downloads location of your computer and select the .dmg file if you are using a Mac computer.
- Select the .exe file if you are a Windows user.
HP OfficeJet 5255 wireless setup
The 123.hp.com/oj5255 wireless setup lets you connect your printer and any wireless capable device together. This lets you perform printing wirelessly. Read more…
HP OfficeJet 5255 Ink Cartridge
HP Officejet 5255 supports back, cyan, yellow, and magenta cartridges. Perform the ink cartridge replacement by going with the steps given below. Read more…
how to print on HP OfficeJet 5255 printer
The steps on how to print on the 123.hp.com/oj5255 printer is simple. Just go with the steps given below.
- Your printer needs to be turned on and in a ready state.
- Load paper in the input tray of the printer carefully.
- Make sure the input tray of the printer is filled with a sufficient amount of paper.
- Adjust the paper width guides such that they seat against the sides of the printer.
- Ascertain that your printer is linked to a computer or wireless capable device.
- Select a document or photo on your system and then click print.
- Click Print Photo and then choose the photos to be printed.
- To print a document, choose Print Document, locate a PDF or doc file and then select Print.
- Wait until the printer finishes printing the page and collect the output document from the output tray of the printer.
how to print double side on HP OfficeJet 5255 printer
- The paper must be loaded into the input tray.
- Ascertain that your printer is chosen and select Print from HP Printer assistant on your computer.
- Select the button that opens the Properties dialog box.
- Click Print on Both Sides from the drop-down list and then change other settings if required.
- Select OK to shut the Properties dialog box and then click Print to commence printing.
- You can perform the same procedure to print on both sides of the page using a smartphone.
how to scan from HP OfficeJet 5255 printer
Scanning with Officejet printers is quite simple. The procedure for how to scan using the HP Officejet 5255 printer is given below. Read More…
how to copy on HP OfficeJet 5255 printer
The Officejet 5255 printer is very versatile as it can perform multiple operations. Perform scanning using the instructions given below.
- Place the original with its print side up on the document feeder or with the side down at the front right corner of the scanner glass.
- Tap Copy on the home screen of the printer’s control panel.
- You will be prompted to enter the number of copies, select the desired number of copies.
- You can also add or reduce the number of copies using the up and down arrows.
- Tap Settings and specify the paper size and paper type or quality.
- Select Black to return to the Copy menu.
- Now either tap Start Black or Start Color to commence the copy job.
how to fax from HP OfficeJet 5255 printer
Faxing with the Officejet 5255 printer is a simple task. Just go with the prompts given below to commence faxing.
- Place the original inside the automatic document feeder.
- Now tap Fax on the printer’s display panel.
- Select Send Now and tap Enter Fax Number or choose the Phonebook icon.
- Key in the Fax number by making use of the keypad that displays on the screen.
- Else, select Phone book to receive a previously dialed fax number.
- Tap either Black or Color to send the Fax.
- You can also send a fax from your computer.
- Open the document that you want to fax.
- Select Print on the File Menu of your application.
- Choose the printer with Fax in its name.
- Enter the recipient details and then select Send Fax.
how to factory reset HP OfficeJet 5255 printer
The steps to commence the factory reset process on the HP Officejet 5255 printer are given below.
- Ascertain that the printer is turned on.
- Before you begin, make sure to disconnect other cables connected to the printer.
- Remove the power cable from the power inlet of the printer and the wall socket.
- Wait for about a minute.
- Hold the Power and Cancel buttons of the printer and plug the power cord to the printer.
- Make sure to connect the printer to a wall outlet directly and not through a surge protector.
- The printer will automatically turn on. If not, press the power button.
- Tap OK on the printer’s control panel to print a test page.
- This confirms that the reset process is done.
HP OfficeJet 5255 troubleshooting
Troubleshooting your HP Officejet 5255 printer lets you resolve issues immediately instead of running to technical experts. Refer to the troubleshooting section on the user manual to get an insight on how to overcome common printer issues. The solutions to some common issues such as printer offline, not printing in black, paper jam issues, and scanner failure. Read more..
There can be many reasons that your printer may encounter the offline error. Perform the steps to overcome the printer offline error.
Printer not printing black ink
This problem occurs if there is a cartridge malfunction or low ink level. Perform the steps below to resolve the printer not printing in black or color.
Paper Jam Issue
The paper jam issue can be overcome easily. You need a flashlight to look for jammed paper inside the printer and remove them.
OfficeJet 5255 Won’t Scan
If you encounter a scanner error, a 0XB308FFFD error will be displayed. You can resolve the error by going with the steps given below.
We have learned how to set up the printer, right from unboxing, connecting to a network, downloading driver & manual. You also know how to perform scanning, faxing and copying using the HP Envy 5255 printer. This page has also taught you how to overcome certain common issues by troubleshooting the printer.