The 123.hp.com/oj5258 printer setup process involves unloading the printer and its parts from the box, providing power connection to the printer, inserting ink cartridges & loading blank sheets, installing printer drivers & software, and developing a network/USB connection. Once the setup process is done, initiate a print or scan job to check if the printer prints correctly.
HP Officejet 5258 Unboxing Setup
- Open the package and take the printer parts on a flat and strong surface.
- Take the 123.hp.com/oj5258 printer out of the box and remove it from the Styrofoam cover.
- Keep it near the parts and ensure that there is a wall outlet near the surface.
- Discard all the stickers, tapes, and other packing materials from the printer.
- Elevate the top cover and take the cardboard piece from inside the printer.
- Pull the paper trays and eliminate the polystyrene/cardboard sheets.
- Push them inside the printer and lower the top lid.
- Pack and send the packing materials to the manufacturer for recycling.
- Link the printer to the electrical outlet using the printer’s power cable.
- Power up the OfficeJet 5258 printer and sort the preferences accordingly.
Download HP Officejet 5258 Driver and Manual
The 123.hp.com/oj5258 printer is accompanied by a driver setup disk. It comprises the printer’s basic driver package. Use this disk to install the basic driver. Make use of the download link on our site to download the full feature driver for the printer. Locate and click the Manual Download link to download the 123.hp.com/setup 5258 printer manual.
HP Officejet 5258 Driver
Find the driver download link on our site and click it. Halt for a while and the website redirects you to the Downloads page. Select the destination path for the driver to be saved and click OK. Wait for a few seconds and the driver saves to the selected folder on your computer.
HP Officejet 5258 Manual
Locate the Manual Download button on this site and single-click on it. The printer manual saves to the Downloads folder on your computer. Refer to this manual to gain information regarding the printer’s features, specs, set up & installation steps, and the troubleshooting steps as well.
How to Download HP Officejet 5258 driver
- Use the printer’s setup CD to download and install the 123.hp.com/oj5258 printer drivers.
- Make use of the Driver Download link on our site to download the drivers.
- Utilize the Windows built-in installer to get the drivers on your computer.
- Download and install the HP Printer Assistant on your laptop.
- Launch it and proceed with the on-screen directions to download the drivers and other software.
- In Mac devices, use the HP Utility software to get the appropriate drivers for the HP OfficeJet 5258 printer.
HP OfficeJet 5258 wireless setup
HP OfficeJet 5258 is a wireless printer that can be connected to a network source through the HP Wireless Direct, HP Auto Wireless Connect, built-in Wi-Fi feature, and the Bluetooth function. Read more…
HP OfficeJet 5258 Ink Cartridge
- HP 63 Black Ink Cartridge & HP 63 Tricolor Ink Cartridge.
- HP 63XL Black Ink Cartridge & HP 63XL Tricolor Ink Cartridge.
- HP 932XL Black Ink Cartridge & HP 932XL Tricolor Ink Cartridge.
- HP 951XL Black Ink Cartridge & HP 951XL Tricolor Ink Cartridge.
HP OfficeJet 5258 ink cartridge replacement
- Purchase a new set of HP OJ 5258 ink cartridges from the manufacturer.
- Ensure that there are no leaks on the ink cartridges.
- Release and open the cartridge access door.
- Wait for a while and let the carriage to turn idle and remain silent.
- Raise the ink lids and take the old ink cartridges out.
- Pack them in a cover and send to the manufacturer for recycling.
- Take the new cartridges and remove the peel-off tabs.
- Put the ink cartridges into the respective ink slots.
- Lower the lids and close the cartridge access door.
- The printer self-aligns the cartridges and prints a test report.
how to print on HP OfficeJet 5258 printer
Learn about the printer’s supporting papers and the printing preferences. The OfficeJet 5258 printer can print envelopes, cards, photo sheets, and transparent papers.
- Load appropriate papers in the printer’s paper input tray.
- Link the printer and the computer through a network or USB hub.
- Open the file that you want to print on your laptop.
- Tap the Ctrl key, hold it, and then tap the P key on your keyboard.
- Or, click the Print option under the File menu.
- A preview of the file displays. Click OK and then Print.
- Do not shut down the printer or the laptop until the printing completes.
- Check the output tray for the printed document.
- To print photos or other papers, remove the previously loaded papers from the tray and reload the tray with respective sheets, and then print.
how to print double side on HP OfficeJet 5258 printer
- The 123.hp.com/oj5258 printer supports double-sided printing.
- The user can print on both sides with the duplex printing option.
- Open the document or photo to be printed on the computer you use.
- Tap Ctrl and P together. Pick your printer model from the on-screen list.
- Expand the Printing Properties or Print Settings tab.
- Select the option titled Duplex Printing or Two-sided Printing.
- A sub-menu pops up with two options – Flip On Long Edge & Flip On Short Edge.
- Select any one option, click Apply, and then Print.
how to scan from HP OfficeJet 5258 printer
Scanning with Officejet printers is quite simple. The procedure for how to scan using the HP Officejet 5255 printer is given below. Read More…
how to copy on HP OfficeJet 5258 printer
The HP OfficeJet 5258 printer is a color machine and it is capable of producing black and color copies.
- Link your printer and laptop over a wireless network source.
- Pull the input tray and load A4 sheets or photo papers into it.
- Place the original document to be scanned between the paper guides on the scanner.
- Make sure to remove the previously loaded papers.
- Place the document with the print side facing down.
- Press the Start Copy Black button to generate black copies.
- Use the Start Copy Color button to make color copies.
- Check the output tray for the result produced.
how to fax from HP OfficeJet 5258 printer
Plug one end of the cable into a phone wall jack. Insert the other end into the 1-LINE jack at the 123.hp.com/oj5258 printer’s rear.
- On your laptop, load the doc that you want to fax.
- Make sure not to use the telephone (for calling) while faxing.
- Type the receiver’s fax or telephone number on the printer’s display key panel.
- Tap the Black, Color, or Send icon on the printer’s access panel.
- If you hear a busy sound, then the receiver’s telephone line might be busy.
- Halt for few seconds and then try again or ask the receiver to terminate the call.
- After the fax sends, a test report prints from your printer.
- Tap the Cancel icon to terminate the fax process at any time.
how to factory reset HP OfficeJet 5258 printer
Disconnect the 123.hp.com/oj5258 printer from power and network sources. Wait for a few seconds and then reestablish the connections to complete the reset process.
- Take a backup of the information on your printer.
- Go to the Resets menu on your HP OfficeJet 5258 printer.
- Select the Recovery Manager or Device manager tab.
- Touch the Factory Reset option on the upcoming screen.
- The printer displays a warning message stating Are you sure? Yes, No, or Cancel.
- Tap Yes and the printer displays three types of factory reset process.
- Touch each option to know about their actions and then choose one.
- Proceed with the on-screen directions to complete the factory reset process.
HP OfficeJet 5258 troubleshooting
The HP OfficeJet 5258 printer encounters slight issues and malfunctions due to mishandling of the device. The issues can be easily overcome with the troubleshooting steps provided on this site. The information provided below is a set of measures to troubleshoot various printer queries. Read more..
The HP OfficeJet 5258 fails to print and an error message stating Printer Offline appears on the printer screen. The Offline error is due to outdated printer driver or firmware, poor signal strength from the WAP, or changes in the print settings.
Printer not printing black ink
The printer shows an error code along with a message stating “depleted cartridges must be replaced to resume printing”.
Paper Jam Issue
Paper Jams occur due to incorrect insertion of paper, damaged rollers, and using inappropriate or low-quality papers.
OfficeJet 5258 Won’t Scan
The 123.hp.com/oj5258 printer may fail to perform the scanning process due to changes under the Scan menu in the printer driver currently installed.
On the whole, this specific page helps you to gain knowledge about the HP OfficeJet 5258 printer functionalities along with the steps to set up the printer for the first time. Also, instructions to download & install the 123.hp.com/oj5258 printer drivers for various operating systems are also briefed.