Take the 123.hp.com/oj6962 printer and the other accessories accompanied out of the box; keep them on a table with an even surface. Discard all the packing materials including the stickers from the printer. Link the device to a power source and load relevant papers & ink cartridges into the printer. Initiate the driver installation process and set up the printer over a network or USB connection while installing the drivers.
HP OfficeJet 6962 Unboxing
- Unpack the HP OfficeJet 6962 printer and the parts accompanied by it.
- Keep them on a table that has an electrical outlet near it.
- Using the power cable, provide a power connection to the 123.hp.com/oj6962 printer.
- After choosing your language, set the preferences accordingly.
- Insert a stack of blank paper into the printer’s paper input tray.
- Put both black and tricolor ink cartridges into the respective ink slots.
- Get the printer drivers from the setup disk and install on the laptop.
- Following a guided procedure, set up the 123.hp.com/setup 6962 printer on a network connection.
Download HP Officejet 6962
Driver & Manual
Click the Windows Driver Download link to download the Windows version of the driver. Likewise, click the Mac Driver Download link to download the driver for Mac. Single-click on the Manual Download link to download the HP OfficeJet 6962 printer manual.Read More
HP OfficeJet 6962 wireless setup
Set up the HP OfficeJet 6962 printer on a wireless network hub through the Wireless feature embedded within the printer. Click on the Read More link down to get information about the mechanism of Bluetooth connection involved in connecting the printer and the computer and how to connect HP OfficeJet 6962 to a wireless network. Make sure you get the latest version of the HP OfficeJet 6962 printer driver installed on the computer before starting the wireless setup process.Read More
HP OfficeJet 6962 Mobile Printing
The HP OfficeJet 6962 has dynamic mobile printing capabilities such as printing through HP Smart app, HP ePrint, AirPrint, HP Chrome app, and Google Cloud Print. Setting up the 123.hp.com/oj6962 printer to print from a mobile phone can be done quickly with the help of HP Smart app.Read More
HP OfficeJet 6962 ink cartridge
The HP OfficeJet 6962 printer is accompanied by a set of black and tricolor ink cartridges.
- Open the ink cartridge access door lifting the printer’s top cover.
- Power up the printer and halt until the carriage shifts to the right.
- Elevate the lids of the ink slots and clear any cardboard pieces.
- Take the ink cartridges and detach the protective tapes from them.
- Insert the black ink cartridge into the black ink slot on the right.
- Put the tricolor ink cartridge into the tricolor slot on the left.
- Close/Lower the access door and the printer self-aligns the cartridges.
HP OfficeJet 6962 ink cartridge refill
- Purchase a new set of genuine HP ink cartridges from a trusted retailer.
- Take the depleted cartridges out of the printer.
- Send them to the manufacturer for the recycling process.
- Put the new cartridges into the ink slots.
- Print an alignment page to check the flow of the ink.
How to check Ink Levels on HP OfficeJet 6962 printer
Tap the ink drop icon on the printer control panel to check the ink level.
HP OfficeJet 6962 Printhead
A printhead is a component that is responsible for delivering ink on the papers. Clean the printheads regularly or replace them if they are worn out.
HP OfficeJet 6962 Printhead Replacement
- Collect the items: Distilled water, Isopropyl alcohol, dry wipes, lint-free cloth, white towels, and bowls. Keep your 123.hp.com/oj6962 printer, computer, and the cleaning-kit on a flat surface.
- Power on your HP printer and unlock the ink cartridge access panel. Wait until the carriage moves from left to right. Take both black and tricolor ink cartridges out of their slots. Locate the printhead assembly.
- Elevate the gray-colored lever upwards and the printhead moves from its position. Hold the printhead on both sides and take it out without touching the electrical wiring. Spread a white towel and place the printhead on it.
- Take a bowl and create a cleaning mixture that contains 50% distilled water and 50% Isopropyl alcohol in it.
- Stir the mixture until the abrasive effect of the alcohol reduces. Take the printhead with the color-codes facing up and place it in the mixture until it completely dissolves.
- Some HP printer models use cartridges with an inbuilt printhead. In that case, place the cartridge in the mixture. Keep the setup aside and do not disturb it for five minutes.
- The mixture removes the dried ink on the printhead. After five minutes, take the printhead out, wrap it in a lint-free cloth, and let it dry for a few minutes.
- Unwrap the printhead and remove the excess moisture using the dry wipes. Reinsert the printhead into the assembly and the cartridges into the designated slots. Close the cartridge access panel.
How to Print on HP OfficeJet 6962 printer
Confirm that the printer’s paper tray is filled with enough plain papers to complete your print job. Make sure to connect the 123.hp.com/oj6962 printer to the computer you are using over a wireless/USB hub. Load the document/photo you want to print and expand the File menu. Single-click on the Print option from the menu and choose your printer model from the list to begin the print job. Check the output tray for the printed document.
How to Scan from HP OfficeJet 6962 printer
Elevate the scanner lid and keep the document to be scanned on the scanner glass. Tap the Scan icon on the 123.hp.com/oj6962 printer’s key panel to commence the scan job. A green-colored light passes across the scanner glass. To display the scanned document on the computer, use the HP Scan software. You can also use Embedded Web Server or HP Scan and Capture app to scan documents & photos.
How to Scan from HP OfficeJet 6962 printer to Computer
Go with the instructions on how to scan from HP OfficeJet 6962 printer topic to scan a document from the printer to the computer.
How to Copy on HP OfficeJet 6962 printer
Place the document to be copied on the scanner and lower the scanner cover. Tap the Copy icon on the access panel and set the number of copies to be printed. Also, make use of the Automatic Document Feeder to copy multiple pages at the same time. You can copy both black & color documents from the OJ 6962 printer.
How to Fax from HP OfficeJet 6962 printer
Load the document into the ADF tray. Connect the telephone cord to the slot on the 123.hp.com/setup 6962 printer. Tap the Send icon to initiate fax. Type the receiver’s fax number on the printer’s keypad. Make sure to include the area & the country code. Wait until you hear high-pitched sounds and check with the receiver for the faxed document.
HP Officejet 6962 Troubleshooting
The HP OfficeJet 6962 printer encounters various problems. A few of them are ink cartridge problem, black or color ink not printing issue, paper jam error, and printer printing blank pages issue. The causes for the occurrence of these errors are described below and you can find the steps to rectify the errors by clicking the Read More link.Read More
The HP OfficeJet 6962 printer’s specifications and features are furnished on the 123-hp.chat HP OfficeJet 6962 Printer page. Step-by-step instructions to set up and install the printer are inscribed on this page. Also, guidelines to download and install the 123.hp.com/oj6962 printer drivers along with the Driver Download link are also provided.