123.hp.com/ojpro6978 Printer Setup
Printer Driver Download
We provide the driver download link and the instructions to get the same from the manufacturer’s site.
Go Wireless! Connect your devices to a wireless network and enjoy easy wireless printing.
How to Setup HP Officejet Pro 6978 Printer
- Place the HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 printer package on a strong and flat surface.
- Open the box and take out all the printer components.
- Discard all the packing materials from the printer.
- Install the paper trays to the printer.
- Use the printer’s electrical cord to connect the printer to an electrical source.
- Locate the Power button on the printer and press it to activate the printer.
- Release the ink cartridge access door and lift the ink slot lids.
- Put the tri-color and black ink cartridges into the designated ink slots.
- Close the lids and the access door.
- Load a stack of blank paper into the paper tray.
- Install the printer software on your computer using the installation CD-ROM.
- Establish the connection between your 123.hp.com/ojpro6978 printer and computer.
HP Officejet Pro 6978
Driver And Manual Download
Download the HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 printer driver and manual using the download links on our site. The driver and manual can be downloaded for free. While downloading, make sure to choose the apt driver file for the operating system currently installed on your computer. Refer to the printer manual to learn about the setup & installation instructions, as well as the troubleshooting solutions for various printer queries.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 Wireless Setup
HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 is a wireless printer that can be connected to a wireless network through the HP Wireless Direct, HP Auto Wireless Connect, built-in Wi-Fi feature, and the Bluetooth function.
HP OFficejet Pro 6978 Mobile Printing
The HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 printer has dynamic mobile printing capabilities such as printing through HP ePrint, AirPrint, and HP Print for Chrome.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 Eprint
HP ePrint is a mobile-printing app that assists you to print On The Go, provided you have a strong and active Internet connection.
- Get the HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 printer’s email address.
- Link the printer and the laptop to a wireless network source.
- Open an existing email application on the laptop or download one.
- Click the Compose icon on the home screen to open a new mail.
- Type the printer’s email address in the To field.
- Fill the email’s subject line with an apt subject.
- Attach a document or photo to the composed email.
- Click Send and the doc is transferred to the printer via email.
- Now,the 123.hp.com/ojpro6978 printer prints the received document.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 Airprint
AirPrint is a mobile printing feature built for Apple devices that operate on iOS version 4.2 and later. It uses the Wireless connection mechanism.
- Place a stack of plain paper on the printer’s paper tray.
- Open the doc or image that you want to print.
- Tap the Share or Menu icon and then the Print option.
- If there is no Share icon available, open the doc in another application.
- Touch the Select Printer option and pick your printer from the list.
- Sort the pages accordingly and the number of copies to be printed.
- Select the Print icon on the top-right corner of the screen.
- The document prints from the HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 printer.
How To Print On The HP Officejet Pro 6978 Printer
Get the instructions to print your documents, photos, or webpages from your computer to the HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 printer.
- Bridge the OfficeJet Pro 6978 printer to a power source and power it on.
- Link the printer and your laptop over a USB/network connection.
- Open the document you want to print from your laptop.
- Click File > Print and then pick your HP printer model.
- The Print Preview window displays on the upcoming screen.
- Make changes if required, under the Print Settings menu.
- Click Apply > OK > Print at the bottom of the screen.
- Check the output tray for the printed document.
How To Print Double Side On The HP Officejet Pro 6978 Printer
- The 123.hp.com/setup 6978 printer supports double-sided printing. The user can print on both sides with the duplex printing option.
- Open the document or photo to be printed on the computer you use.
- Tap Ctrl and P together. Pick your printer model from the on-screen list.
- Expand the Printing Properties or Print Settings tab.
- Select the option titled Duplex Printing or Two-sided Printing.
- A sub-menu pops up with two options – Flip On Long Edge & Flip On Short Edge.
- Select an option and click Apply Print.
How To Scan On HP Officejet Pro 6978
- Tap the Wi-Fi icon on the OfficeJet Pro 6978 printer’s access panel.
- Bridge the printer’s Wi-Fi with a network source.
- Link the laptop that you use to the same wireless network.
- On the printer’s access panel, tap the Scan icon.
- A green-colored beam of light passes across the scanner.
- After the scan completes, the scanned doc appears on the laptop’s screen.
- Save the file.
How To Copy On HP Officejet Pro 6978
- Bridge the 123.hp.com/ojpro6978 printer and the laptop over a wireless network source.
- Pull the paper tray and load blank A4 sheets or photo papers into it.
- Raise the scanner lid and place the doc to be copied on it.
- Make sure that you remove the previously loaded papers.
- Load the document with the print side facing down.
- Tap the Start Copy Black button to make B & W copies.
- Make use of the Start Copy Color button to make color copies.
- Check the paper output tray for the result produced.
How To Fax On HP Officejet Pro 6978
- Make sure you do not use the telephone while faxing.
- Enter the receiver’s fax or telephone number on the printer’s display key panel.
- Tap the Send icon on the printer’s access panel.
- If you hear a busy tone, then the receiver’s telephone line might be busy.
- Halt for a few seconds and then try again or ask the receiver to terminate the call.
- Tap the Cancel icon to terminate the fax process.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 Troubleshooting
The HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 printer encounters slight issues and malfunctions due to mishandling of the device. The issues can be easily overcome with the troubleshooting steps provided on this site. The information provided here is a set of measures to be undertaken to troubleshoot various printer queries.
Paper Jam Issue
If a paper gets stuck in the paper tray or any torn pieces of paper fall inside your HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 printer, turn off your printer as the initial step.
If the HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 printer fails to communicate with your computer, the Printer Offline error message appears on the computer screen.
Printer Not Printing Black Ink
If the printer shows an error code along with a message that you are running low on the black ink, you must replace the black ink cartridge.
Having frequent problems with your HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 printer? Restoring the printer settings to factory defaults might help you overcome it.
This page, on the whole, helps you to gain knowledge about the 123.hp.com/ojpro6978 printer functionalities along with the steps to set up the printer for the first time. Also, instructions to download & install the HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer drivers for various operating systems are also briefed.