123.hp.com/ojpro7740 Printer Setup
The 123.hp.com/ojpro7740 printer setup process involves unpacking the printer and its components from the shipment, connecting the printer to an electrical supply, sorting the preferences, inserting the ink cartridges, loading blank papers into the paper tray, installing the printer software, and providing a network/USB connection.
Printer Driver Download
Get the latest version of the printer driver on this site.
The wireless setup lets you connect up to five devices with your printer and start printing.
HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 How to setup
- Lay the HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 printer package on a strong and flat surface.
- Open the box and take the printer & its components out.
- Discard all the packing materials from the 123.hp.com/ojpro7740 printer.
- Install the paper trays to the printer.
- Use the printer’s electrical cord to connect the printer to an electrical source.
- Locate the Power button on the printer and press it to activate the printer.
- Release the ink cartridge access door and lift the ink slot lids.
- Put the tricolor and black ink cartridges into the designated ink slots.
- Close the lids and the access door.
- Place a stack of plain paper on the paper tray.
- Install the printer software using the installation CD.
- Connect the 123.hp.com/ojpro7740 printer to a network or USB hub.
Download HP Officejet pro 7740
Driver & Manual
The HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 printer supports both basic and full feature drivers. The drivers, as well as the printer manual, can be downloaded for free using the download links on our site. Click the Windows/Mac Driver Download link to download the driver and the Manual Download link to download the manual respectively.
HP OfficeJet pro 7740 wireless setup
Set up the HP Officejet Pro 7740 printer over a wireless network using the built-in Wireless function of the printer.
How to connect HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 printer to wireless
Print one or more copies of an original document, photo, or a new Word file from the HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 printer.
- Turn on the router that is connected to an Internet Service Provider.
- Check the internet connection status and signal strength.
- Turn on the Wireless feature on the HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 printer.
- Wait for a while and the printer displays a list of available networks.
- Tap the desired network with which you want to associate the 123.hp.com/ojpro7740 printer.
- Enable the Wi-Fi option on your computer or laptop.
- Make sure to link it to the same network to which the printer is connected.
- Choose a document or photo to print and start printing wirelessly.
How to connect HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 printer to Computer
- Ensure that the latest version of the printer drivers is installed on your computer.
- Connect the printer to an electrical source and power it on.
- Power on your computer and keep it close to the 123.hp.com/ojpro7740 printer.
- Take the USB cable accompanied by the printer or purchase a new one.
- Attach the square-end of the USB cable to a USB slot on the printer.
- Plug the rectangle-end to a USB port on your computer.
- The system displays a message stating Installing Device Drivers.
- Wait until the device drivers installation is complete.
- Click OK on the upcoming pop-up window.
- Start printing once the connection is successful.
HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 Mobile Printing
The HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 printer embeds dynamic mobile printing functionality. It supports iOS and Android operating systems. The Android OS version should be 4.4 or later and for iOS, the version should be 7 or later. You can connect the printer to your smartphone through the following techniques.
- HP Smart app.
- Apple AirPrint.
- HP ePrint app.
- HP Chrome app.
- HP Wireless Direct.
- HP Print Service Plugin.
- Bluetooth feature.
HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 AirPrint setup
AirPrint is a mobile printing application in Apple devices that operate on iOS version 4.2 and later. It uses the Wireless connection mechanism.
- Load sufficient plain papers into the printer’s paper tray.
- Open the doc or image that you want to print.
- Tap the Share or Menu icon and then the Print option.
- If there is no Share icon available, open the doc in another application.
- Touch the Select Printer option and pick your 123.hp.com/ojpro7740 printer model.
- Sort the pages accordingly and the number of copies to be printed.
- Select the Print icon on the top-right corner of the screen.
- The document prints from the HP Officejet Pro 7740 printer.
How to print on HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 printer
Learn about the printer’s supporting papers and the printing preferences. The OfficeJet Pro 7740 printer can print envelopes, cards, photo sheets, and thin papers.
- Load appropriate papers in the printer’s paper input tray.
- Link the printer and the computer through a network or USB hub.
- Open the file that you want to print on your laptop.
- Tap the Ctrl key, hold it, and then tap the P key on your keyboard.
- Or, click the Print option under the File menu
- A preview of the file displays. Click OK and then Print.
- Do not shut down the 123.hp.com/setup 7740 printer or the laptop until the printing completes.
- Check the output tray for the printed document.
- To print photos or other papers, remove the previously loaded papers from the tray and reload the tray with respective sheets, and then print.
How to print Double side on HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 printer(duplex printing)
- The HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 printer supports double-sided printing.
- The user can print on both sides with the duplex printing option.
- Open the document or photo to be printed on the computer you use.
- Tap Ctrl and P together. Pick your 123.hp.com/ojpro7740 printer model from the on-screen list.
- Expand the Printing Properties or Print Settings tab.
- Select the option titled Duplex Printing or Two-sided Printing.
- A sub-menu pops up with two options – Flip On Long Edge & Flip On Short Edge.
- Select any one option, click Apply, and then Print.
HP OfficeJet pro 7740 Scan
Open the scanner lid, load the original, and start scanning.
How to Fax from HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 printer
Plug one end of the cord into a phone wall jack. Insert the other end into the 1-LINE jack at the printer’s rear.
- On a computer, open the doc that you want to fax.
- Do not use the telephone (for calling) while faxing.
- Enter the receiver’s fax or telephone number on the printer’s display key panel.
- Tap the Fax or Send icon on the printer’s access panel.
- Halt for a while and then try again if you hear a busy sound, then the receiver’s telephone line might be busy, or ask the receiver to terminate the call.
- After the fax is sent, a test report prints from your 123.hp.com/ojpro7740 printer.
How to Factory Reset HP Officejet Pro 7740 printer
Disconnect the printer from power and network sources. Wait for a few seconds and then reestablish the connections to complete the reset process.
- Take a backup of the information on your printer.
- Go to the Resets menu on your HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 printer.
- Select the Recovery Manager or Device manager tab.
- Touch the Factory Reset option on the upcoming screen.
- The 123.hp.com/ojpro7740 printer displays a warning message stating Are you sure? Yes, No, or Cancel.
- Tap Yes and the printer displays three types of factory reset process.
- Touch each option to know about their actions and then choose one.
- Proceed with the on-screen directions to complete the factory reset process.
HP Officejet pro 7740 Troubleshooting
The HP Officejet Pro 7740 printer encounters slight issues and malfunctions due to mishandling of the device. The issues can be easily overcome with the troubleshooting steps provided on this site. The information provided below is a set of measures to troubleshoot various printer queries.
The printer offline issue can be resolved by performing the prompts that are given below.
Printer Not printing black ink
The 123.hp.com/ojpro7740 printer not printing in black ink can be resolved by printing an alignment page. Replacing the black cartridge is the only solution to overcome this issue.
Paper Jam Issue
Check the input trays of the 123.hp.com/ojpro7740 printer and carriage area for jammed paper.