HP Officejet pro 8740 Setup
Setting up the HP Officejet pro 8740 setup is a simple process. This procedure begins with uncrating the printer, establishing a power connection, loading paper and connecting it to a nearby power outlet. Perform the steps given below to commence the 123.hp.com/ojpro8740 printer setup process.
Printer Driver Download
Click the link below to proceed with the driver download process.
Set up the printer over a wireless network using the wi-fi feature.
How to setup HP Officejet pro 8740 Printer
- Uncrate the printer from the box and place it on a sturdy table.
- The packing materials need to be removed from the printer.
- The input and output trays must be opened.
- Now take the packing materials that are inside and discard them.
- Open the scanner lid of the printer and discard the Styrofoam sheet that is on the glass.
- Take the power cord, installation CD, and other accessories out from the printer box.
- Unwind the power cord and stretch it.
- Look for the power inlet port at the rear of the printer.
- Now connect it between your 123.hp.com/ojpro8740 printer and wall outlet.
- Wait for the device to become ready.
HP Officejet pro 8740 Driver and Manual Download
The Driver and manual can be downloaded from this site. Just select the button that suits the operating system of your computer. Once you click the Driver Download button, it gets downloaded on your computer. Click the Manual Download button to get a PDF copy of it downloaded to your computer.
HP Officejet Pro 8740 Wireless Setup
The Officejet 8740 wireless setup for this printer helps you perform printing effectively. This device lets you connect various devices to it and perform printing. You need to make sure that the devices that are connected to your printer share the same network. You can enable the Wireless direct feature and perform printing flawlessly. Make sure to place the printer within the range of the router.
HP Officejet Pro 8740 Scan
The steps to commence the HP Officejet 8740 scanning operation are given in the forthcoming topics. This printer model supports three types of scanning which include Scan to Computer, Scan to Email, and Double sided Scanning.
How to Print on HP Officejet Pro 8740 Printer
Printing using the Officejet 8740 printer is simple. Make sure you complete the first time printer setup. You also need to ascertain that the cartridges are properly seated in their slots and that the printer is connected to the computer.
HP Officejet pro 8740 Double Sided Printing
- Place the paper into the input tray of the printer.
- Make sure to adjust the paper width guides properly.
- Tap Print on the 123.hp.com/ojpro8740 printer’s display panel.
- Ascertain that the Properties dialog box is selected.
- Select the Print on Both Sides option under the Printing Shortcuts tab.
- Choose the Print on Both Sides from the drop down list.
- Tap the OK button to close the Properties dialog box.
- Now select print and both sides of the page gets printed.
HP Officejet Pro 8740 Fax setup
Get the instructions to perform the fax setup using the officejet 8740 printer below. Before you begin, ascertain that the latest version of the officejet 8740 printer driver is installed on your computer.
How to Fax HP Officejet pro 8740
- Telephone cord that came in the printer box to establish a connection.
- If the cord isn’t in the box, use a one with two wire leads and not four.
- Link one end of the cord to the 1-line jack at the rear of the printer and the other end to the phone line.
- If you have an answering machine, attach the cord between the machine and the 2-EXT jack at the rear of the printer.
- Now choose the preferences such as the answer mode, rings to answer and select Fax. Make sure the ADF is loaded with paper.
HP Officejet Pro 8740 Mobile Printing
The steps to perform Apple Airprint, and eprint printing using the Officejet pro 8740 printer are given below. Before you commence the installation, make sure to download and install the latest HP Smart printer application on your computer and commence the printer setup. Connect your phone to the router which is linked to your printer.
HP Officejet Pro 8740 Apple Airprint setup
- Install AirPrint on your Mac or iPhone.
- Select Print on the control panel of the printer.
- Choose either Print or Print to open Printer options.
- Tap Select Printer and pick your printer model from this list.
- Make changes to the number of copies, paper, Black & White, and Double-Sided printing.
- Now choose a file to be printed and then print in order to commence the printer setup process as well.
- Vary the color of the printed image to black and white even if the original is in color.
HP Officejet Pro 8740 eprint Setup
- Obtain the printer’s email address before you commence printing using ePrint.
- Tap the ePrint button on the display panel of the printer.
- Now note the email address of your printer.
- Install the HP Smart app on your phone.
- Open the document that you need to print.
- Select the Action or Share icon and then choose the email option to open a new mail.
- Enter the 123.hp.com/ojpro8740 printer’s email in the recipient’s To Field.
- Key in the subject in the subject line and then select Send.
HP Officejet Pro 8740 Troubleshooting
Perform troubleshooting on the HP Officejet 8740 printer to overcome certain common issues that are given below. The steps to resolve issues such as won’t print, offline, won’t connect to Wi-Fi, not print in color, and not connected are included here. It is better to follow the troubleshooting instructions instead of running to a technician.
The Officjet 8710 printer won’t print issue may occur due to cartridge issues or paper jams.
The officejet pro 8740 printer offline issue may occur due to a Wi-Fi malfunction or router insatiability.
Won’t Connect to Wifi
This is an issue with the Wi-Fi feature of your printer. Perform the prompts below to overcome it.
Will not Print in Color
The HP Officejet pro 8740 printer not printing in color can be an issue with the printer cartridge. Perform the steps below to resolve this.
Printer not Connected
Carry forward the steps given below to resolve the 123.hp.com/ojpro8740 printer not connected issue.
This site provides simple instructions for first time 123.hp.com/ojpro8740 printer users to setup their device. The instructions on how to setup, install ink cartridges, connect to a computer via a wired or wireless, and connect to your mobile are provided here. You can also perform a wireless setup, download a compatible driver, manual, and resolve certain common issues. The solutions to issues such as won’t connect to Wi-Fi, not print in color, and not connected are given. If you are unable to get rid of these issues or are encountering major ones, contact our techies for further support.